Distance and height problems

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I need some help if possible? I purchased a used P3 Standard in August 2017 and launched it here at the lodge in Namibia where i stay and flew it for about 10 flights and on an average i got about 350 metres to 450 metres distance and i never seen the need to go higher than 100m height. At the time of purchasing the drone it had firmware V1.07.8 and i downloaded the free DJI Go app for products before P4 (version 3.1.2). All i did receive however was a message on the app to update the firmware to the latest version everytime i connected but no problems at all. While on holiday in South Africa in September i did some research on range extenders and thus purchased the Argtek range extender kit and when i got back to Namibia i installed the new antenna set. Since we have our rainy season between October and March i did not get much chance of flying but 3 things changed since my flights in September, number 1 my tablet went hey wire so i had to reboot it and when i downloaded DJI Go app i now have version 3.1.30, number 2, i upgraded the firmware to V 1.9.20 and number 3, i changed my antenna to the Argtek kit. I did read that with the new firmware update you have to log into DJI account first time which i did but for some or other reason the craft launch and then as it get airborn the height,distance meters suddenly turn to N/A and there is No number for satelite connections as well as the craft can only fly about 30 metres distance??? I did check my MC settings to ensure beginner mode is de-activated, max distance is set to off and multiple flight modes are activate. Once the drone did not want to pass the 30 meter mark i returned and landed it to check the settings and all seemed in order, i then launced again and the the height and distance meters changed to N/A and when i landed again and checked the settings it does not allow me to put in a maximum height measurement whether i put in 200 meters or 20 meters it keeps going back to 0 meters??? Really frustrating since everything worked so well before!

Help is needed!!!

try loggin out of dji in the app, and then logging back in. If that doesnt work, then delete app, including all leftover files, and reinstall. Be sure your tablet/phone has at least 2gigs of ram, and perferably more. Later version of Go as well as LItchi have required more.

try loggin out of dji in the app, and then logging back in. If that doesnt work, then delete app, including all leftover files, and reinstall. Be sure your tablet/phone has at least 2gigs of ram, and perferably more. Later version of Go as well as LItchi have required more.

Hi Stuka 75

Thanks for your response. I did all the above and went out to a clear spot earlier today. Still not being able to fly more than 30 metres. The app is doing the same.I open the app and then login to my account.From this point i go back to the little aircraft aicon and when i click on it i scroll to Phantom 3 standard and before i can click on camera i get a message to connect the aircraft and the RC. Once i connect it i have to connect to the phantom WiFi connection and then i can click on camera and then all looks pretty much in order for me to launch. I do the basic calibration and all my display info is still good. Then once i launch the system (app) goes crazy,immediately all my info goes to N/A however it comes back but i keep getting the voice warnings that my altitude and distance is limited to 30m and 50m even if my settings are not in beginner mode??? I am so frustrated!!!

Hi everyone

I am sharing this post purely our of frustration, but it really gets under my skin if institutions want to sell you their products but then fall away by the way side when it comes to delivering proper after market services. Take the phantom 3 standard, i am no professional nor expert for that matter and there for decided to purchase the P3 Standard. It was not about the cost to purchase the more advance applications,it was purely because i was sold on the DJI Promotional idea of :"You can fly it right from out of the box" and " It is one of the most reliable drones for beginners". My intention was to start with the standard, find my so-called wings and the upgrade from there. I took ownership of my P3 and all seemed to be fine, i followed the instructions on the DJI website and it did fly, although not near as far as DJI projects or advertise. I got a distance of 100 meters (+/- 110 yards) to 120 meters (+/- 130 yards) before i would get the signal lost message and then the aircraft would return. Keeping in mind that i am in an area 100 kilomtres (+/- 62 miles) away from the nearest town where one might expect possible interference, we are also geologically on a very flat part of the earth with no interference of mountains or little hills etc (the people here do not know what a mountain is, that is how flat it is...). We are however surrounded by couple of other lodges because our property is next to a national wildlife park so there are some telecommunication stations with antennas situated on the surrounding areas but for example our property is 10 kilometres (6 miles) without any communication station on it and i regularly get a satelite connection count of 9/10 and my RC connection is 90% of the time full. Only when i purchased the Litchi app did i start to get value for my money. Then suddenly i got messages to upgrade and since then it has been just one frustrating experience on the next. I tried various things but the most frustrating is every time i turn to DJI Technical support, they want so much information in order to try and understand where the problem is???? My word, it is not if i went and deleted the software and then installed some or other kind of alien program on their product!!!! It is their drone with their software with their app that is causing problems at my frustration and expense!!!! I have turned to DJI 3 times and not one successful answer from them,every time i get the same line of questions as if it is the first time that i am taking the drone for a flight!!! The last time i actually went while the drone was going hey wire and landed it and while still connected,documented all the live technical data on the app as well as took snapshots of the display info going hey wire and then send all this to DJI Technical Support! Yet again i received a response with various questions (of which most is exactly like their previous responses to my previous cries for help???? I mean what the hell do they want more than all the info that is on the app??? Or do they need me to find the solution for them??? The fact is that it is their product that has a problem, i know in the times that we live upgrading will be an integrigal part of the hole software universe etc etc but in my case it has been a simple matter of if it work do not try to fix it, or in DJI's case if you build/develope something, do not go and brake/destroy it!!!!! I have had such a miserable time lately to try and get somewhere with this DJI product that instead of being excited of upgrading to better more advance versions i am almost at the stage of chucking the hole idea of purchasing any new UAV and if not even to say nothing that is remotely related to DJI!!!

Reactions: matsum0t0
Frustrating for sure. Assuming you have logged into your dji account via the app, close the app. go into settings of phone to apps and choose DJI go and force close the app. If you have any flight programs like Litchi, make sure those are force closed. This in Andorid. IOS, In have no experience. Then start up in this exact sequence:
1. Power on controller.
2. Power on ac.
3. Once the controller has connected to ac the red light on controller should turn green.
4.In phone turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi and connect to phantom wifi.
5. Open DJI Go and the Standard screen with blued camera option should be seen. Click on camera and it should open to your camera view and flight screen.
Be sure your tablet has at least 2 gigs of ram. The newer versions of Go require more RAM from the device. You do not have to update wither your program or ac firmware. If it has flown well, stick with what you know works. Ignore update warnings, and turn off autao updates in phone. Otherwise all current updates have been known to work well, but updates can be tricky.
If all this fails, then you may want to check your controller to be sure all connections of your new antenna are well seated.
Hope any of this works for you.

@Big Dogger,
#1 Welcome to the Forum!
#2 We will try to help you out.
#3 Your posts are way to long, makes it to hard to figure out what could the problem be. Need the facts. ;)

I have questions on these three statements.

"i got about 350 metres to 450 metres distance and i never seen the need to go higher than 100m height"
Was this a message stopping you saying your were at a limit?

"i would get the signal lost message and then the aircraft would return"
This is a signal loss problem not a limit, when did this first start?

"Then suddenly i got messages to upgrade"
It was working better before this? Now it is worse?

To skip to the now.
Are you getting the RTH message, or a limit message?

AS @Nightwolf posted, your flight logs will tell us a lot.
It would nice to see the flight logs from when you first got it and now more recent. What complicates this is removing the app and reinstalling (loosing past flight logs). Also you first started with DJI-Go (Stupid Name) and now using Litchi and you made antenna modifications.

Going forward, I want you to upload your newest flight logs that you have now, then you will see people helping you out.

#1 If you are using a Apple product you have to use iTunes.
#2 DJI-Go uses .txt files
#3 Litichi uses .csv files.

"my tablet went hey wire so i had to reboot it"
This is the only place I can see what your using for a mobile device. I would assume it is an Android?

Your turn.

1 Question?
What is your mobile device? ;)
Make, Model, Ram, Etc.

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
The data on your tablet/phone might help the folks here decipher what is going on. go to the phantomhelp site and upload a log showing the issue and I'm sure folks will chime in

DJI Flight Log Viewer
Hi, i really appreciate all help that i can get but please do have patients with me....very much still a novice to this matter!LOL Where can i extract the flight log from??Is it in the normal setting? Thanks for your patients!

@Big Dogger,
#1 Welcome to the Forum!
#3 Your posts are way to long, makes it to hard to figure out what could the problem be. Need the facts. ;)

"i got about 350 metres to 450 metres distance and i never seen the need to go higher than 100m height"

To skip to the now.

It would nice to see the flight logs from when you first got it and now more recent. What complicates this is removing the app and reinstalling (loosing past flight logs). Also you first started with DJI-Go (Stupid Name) and now using Litchi and you made antenna modifications.

Going forward, I want you to upload your newest flight logs that you have now, then you will see people helping you out.

This is the only place I can see what your using for a mobile device. I would assume it is an Android?

Your turn.

1 Question?
Make, Model, Ram, Etc.

Rod
Hi Rod thanks for the response and effort to help.How do i go about to upload my recent flight logs?
Chris

@Big Dogger,
#1 Welcome to the Forum!

To skip to the now.

Your turn.

1 Question?
Make, Model, Ram, Etc.

Rod
Hi Rod

Just to respond on your questions:
1. Whenever i got between 350m to 450m (using the Litchi app) i would receive signal lost message and then the rc would return.
2. The signal lost problem started pretty much from the start.
3. It was surely working better before but then i basically used Litchi most times.

Chris

Hi Rod

Just to respond on your questions:
1. Whenever i got between 350m to 450m (using the Litchi app) i would receive signal lost message and then the rc would return.
2. The signal lost problem started pretty much from the start.
3. It was surely working better before but then i basically used Litchi most times.

Chris
If you have both Litchi and Dji Go on Android on same phone/tablet, be sure that both are force closed before using either program!!! This will definitely cause problems.

Hi Rod thanks for the response and effort to help.How do i go about to upload my recent flight logs?
Chris

If you click on this link,
DJI Flight Log Viewer
The same one @Nightwolf posted there are some instructions. ;)

Until you look at the link and you try the instructions we are at a stand still.

Also, if you get stuck, we will still need to know the answer to this question from my last post.

1 Question?
Make, Model, Ram, Etc.

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
DJI Flight Log Viewer

Until you look at the link and you try the instructions we are at a stand still.

Also, if you get stuck, we will still need to know the answer to this question from my last post.

1 Question?
Make, Model, Ram, Etc.

Rod
Hi Rod

Just to respond on this question so long, It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Device Model SM-T231, Android Version 4.4.2 Ram 1.5 GB, Processor core 4 core, processor speed 1.20GHz

Frustrating for sure. Assuming you have logged into your dji account via the app, close the app. go into settings of phone to apps and choose DJI go and force close the app. If you have any flight programs like Litchi, make sure those are force closed. This in Andorid. IOS, In have no experience. Then start up in this exact sequence:
1. Power on controller.
2. Power on ac.
3. Once the controller has connected to ac the red light on controller should turn green.
4.In phone turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi and connect to phantom wifi.
5. Open DJI Go and the Standard screen with blued camera option should be seen. Click on camera and it should open to your camera view and flight screen.
Be sure your tablet has at least 2 gigs of ram. The newer versions of Go require more RAM from the device. You do not have to update wither your program or ac firmware. If it has flown well, stick with what you know works. Ignore update warnings, and turn off autao updates in phone. Otherwise all current updates have been known to work well, but updates can be tricky.
If all this fails, then you may want to check your controller to be sure all connections of your new antenna are well seated.
Hope any of this works for you.
Hi Stuka

Thanks for the help...tried it this morning, word for word but still no joy! Thanks anyway for trying to help.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

1 Question?
Make, Model, Ram, Etc.

Rod
Hi Rod

I am trying to upload my latest flight log (Litchi app). I have clicked on the link above for log viewer then followed the instruction to connect my tablet to my laptop and then clicked on browse then clicked upload but i do not know if it uploaded or where it uploaded too because i do not get a message to confirm it did upload.... It is really frustrating...

Hi Rod

Just to respond on this question so long, It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Device Model SM-T231, Android Version 4.4.2 Ram 1.5 GB, Processor core 4 core, processor speed 1.20GHz
1.5 gb is not enough ram ti run recent app updates. I used to fly tab 7 with 1.5 until newer updates came along. You need at lest 2 gb ram now days. Try another device with more RAM and see if this fixes your issue. If not then I'm out of suggestions. Sorry. Again, be sure you force close any flight programs prior to starting up controller and ac. I even force close between flights and batteries on same day. Also, be sure your cellphone on our person(if it is) is in airplane mode with eh wifi turned off. Especially if it has Go or LItchi on it and was previously connected to aircraft. The Phantom wifi can be connected to more than one device at a time creating erratic flights and data.
Good luck.

Hi Guys

I don't know if this might help?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-24_[12-09-20][1].txt
    28.2 KB · Views: 311
  • DJIFlightRecord_2018-04-24_[12-16-03][1].txt
    21.6 KB · Views: 325
Reactions: JoBe and RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.