RC Signal Loss at Only 100 Feet

I've got a new one, after sending the old one back. I'm not getting all the error messages I used to get which included 'cold battery,' 'electromagnetic interference,' and 'RC Signal Lost.' My new drone is also easier to calibrate (only takes 1 rotation to calibrate.)

I don't know what the problem with the old one was, whether it was a physical issue, or firmware issue. I've avoided updating my latest drone to the most recent firmware.

Reactions: RodPad
Cool,

Here is some reading for you, hopefully to keep it flying and avoid some easy mistakes.

IMU CALIBRATION AND WARMING UP

IMU Calibration #3 (.pdf)

Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Looking for Trouble ??

Best Method to RTH?

Lesson learned from crash by RTH because flying with a low battery

Stay away from trees, they usually when in a fight. :eek: :rolleyes:

The only theory I have left on why Firmware may mess up a Phantom, is maybe when it says all done, "restart your aircraft", don't restart your remote, until the aircraft restarts. The only thing I know for sure it happen to me twice, and I was the first to post this problem.
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Rod

Added: Send me a PM, I can't send one to you because of your account settings..

Reactions: dronezone1010
My P3S is experiencing the same issue. Started between flights on same day, has signal loss and RTH every flight since. Returned the RC to DJI and now waiting.

Got the same issue, had my drone for a week was working fine getting good distance from standard set up , had a update to the app a couple of days ago ( sorry new to this ) and now im loosing signal all the time one minute its full signal then just drops and rth cuts in tried all the tricks re updating firmware calibrating the imu , re downloading app and signing in and out , re connecting the controller , have tried in a couple of locations have flown before and only getting 90 metre distance and a max of 40metre height before signal just drops , phoned dji ( **** man are the thick) so i have been told to send it for repair even though its has never crashed or landed hard , went on the forums and this seems to be a wide spread issue can anyone help , birthday present rendered useless

log out of DJI GO and log back in go to go app click ME tab in the bottom right corner a window will pop up look in the top right corner see the settings gear symbol click it look all the way at the bottom where it says sign out click it sign out then sign back in

Hi

Got a Phantom 3 Standard, only last week, and was impressed by the technology. However I am getting so many error messages I am now wondering if something is wrong with it.

Today I took it out into the 'middle of nowhere' as I was getting regular 'electromagnetic interference' warnings in more urban areas. I noted that the area I was flying in today had a cell phone tower approximately 1 mile away, and multiple very tall metallic wind turbine structures just under 1/2 a mile away. I did not expect any of these structures to cause a problem (due to the distance.)

I took the Phantom to 100 feet vertically, and out of nowhere got a 'Lost RC Signal' error. The RTH function kicked in and it landed safely. I thought it was odd, so then tried flying it 100 foot horizontally, and the same thing happened. My antenna was slightly tilted as advised in the DJI instructions. I had a clear line of sight between me and the drone at all times.

Any ideas what is going on? I am using an iPad Mini 1 as a screen; yes I know it is not advised to use this iPad version, but I don't see how it can cause loss of RC signal?

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks
Hi I saw ur post about signal loss then return to home kicks in . By chance did u happen to switch out sd card in air craft right before this happened? ?

Hi

Got a Phantom 3 Standard, only last week, and was impressed by the technology. However I am getting so many error messages I am now wondering if something is wrong with it.

Today I took it out into the 'middle of nowhere' as I was getting regular 'electromagnetic interference' warnings in more urban areas. I noted that the area I was flying in today had a cell phone tower approximately 1 mile away, and multiple very tall metallic wind turbine structures just under 1/2 a mile away. I did not expect any of these structures to cause a problem (due to the distance.)

I took the Phantom to 100 feet vertically, and out of nowhere got a 'Lost RC Signal' error. The RTH function kicked in and it landed safely. I thought it was odd, so then tried flying it 100 foot horizontally, and the same thing happened. My antenna was slightly tilted as advised in the DJI instructions. I had a clear line of sight between me and the drone at all times.

Any ideas what is going on? I am using an iPad Mini 1 as a screen; yes I know it is not advised to use this iPad version, but I don't see how it can cause loss of RC signal?

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks[/QUOTE
I have a question about my P3S. Today I went to a harbor in Long Beach which should have little interference. I have the DBS Mod and installed so when I flew it over the water, I only got 1000ft max range before it lost signal and returned. It kept saying strong interference detected even though there was nothing around me to cause an interference. Does anyone know why because anywhere I fly I can only get 1000ft no matter where.

Hi I saw ur post about signal loss then return to home kicks in . By chance did u happen to switch out sd card in air craft right before this happened? ?
I dont think the SD card would effect this at all. May be wrong about this but dont think so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl