Crashed P3A and now have exterior damage. Will it affect flight?

Reaction score
Hey there everyone,

Today I was trying something new and at one point I failed to pay proper attention to how the drone was rotated. As such I moved my joystick left instead of right and crashed into a wall, resulting in my drone to hit the ground (where I used the CSC to prevent it from trying anything funny).

At first I didn't see any real damage to the drone aside from one broken prop. When I just flew it again, it didn't seem to have any problems. When I walked back to my house after flying I noticed the damage on the front of the drone (as can be seen on the attached image).

I'm very new to drones and rc as a whole, and I'm really worried if this might affect flight. Does someone know if this is bad for the drone? Or is this just a beauty flaw?

Thanks already,
Bart

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    558.4 KB · Views: 544
Looks like the shells are misaligned a bit. You could carefully try to line them up again, or leave it. There are tips in the forum or PhantomHelp.com to safely get them back in line.

Should not affect flight though. Your choice.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey guys,
Thanks for the help! I've done a few test flights and everything seems just fine. I will be looking into realigning the shells and see if it's worth the hassle!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: captainmilehigh
IMU seems to have no problems functioning. The drone didnt fall that big a distance, luckily.
And she's flying like a charm!
a162ca5ec6d32d7d094a5c7fd6418509.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers