Compatible IOS/Android devices - NO iPad - YIKES!!

Reaction score
I preordered a Mavic from DJI yesterday. Today I learned, despite what it says on the Apple site, there is NO current compatibility with the iPad. Following is the list of compatible devices provide to me today by DJI's pre-sales chat support. The list given originally didn't include iPhone7 either but after questioning that, she checked and added it to the list.

iOS Version v2.9.2.Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus. iPhone 7

Android Version v2.9.1.Requires Android 4.4 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Samsung S6, Samsung S7, Samsung NOTE5,Samsung NOTE7,Samsung Galaxy A5, Huawei P9, Mi4.

So can i assume my iPhone 5S will not work?
Yes, the iPhone 5s is compatible with DJI GO. It'll fit in the remote controller mount too. It has the slowest compatible Apple processor (an A7), so you'll want to run it with these settings for the best possible performance in DJI GO.

Reactions: liketogethigh
I assume you viewed the launch video, or the subsequent videos and realised the controller was not going to hold an iPad before ordering?

But not to worry I have seen a number of reviews where people have said in reality they did not miss the iPad. I have to admit I have always struggled with my Phantom when using my iPhone 6 but I have a Samsung s7 now so hoping that slightly larger screen is the key.

I assume you viewed the launch video, or the subsequent videos and realised the controller was not going to hold an iPad before ordering?

But not to worry I have seen a number of reviews where people have said in reality they did not miss the iPad. I have to admit I have always struggled with my Phantom when using my iPhone 6 but I have a Samsung s7 now so hoping that slightly larger screen is the key.
Having a lot of your vital information displayed on the controller display should make screen size less critical.

I have been using my iPhone 6 Plus since day one and find it just perfect for the DJI GO app. I actually found the iPad Air a little too big to hold with the remote. The Mavic remote also displays some basic telemetry information on its display, which appears to be very crisp and clear. And for that immersive flying experience, I suppose you can get them FPV goggles? Although I still cannot really fathom why there is no support for a regular laptop. Just imagine watching the live video feed on a proper 17 inch screen. Standing in a field with a laptop hanging from a shoulder strap may look silly, but I can see myself flying from my sun lounger the backyard...

/// Tom

Last edited:
Having a lot of your vital information displayed on the controller display should make screen size less critical.

Yes, I also read that. Didn't see though whether the same information was also overlaid on DJI. But no one should be surprised an iPad will not fit in the controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.