Anyone own a Huawei Android 7 device?

Reaction score
I've obviously heard the many state that Dji Go app on Android is much more buggy than IOS which is very surprising given the more widespread android devices are which are also becoming more popular...but I'm interested to know who owns a phantom and is using a 3rd party android 7 smartphone (specifically Huawei) a d if they are experiencing any issues with it? I have both a mate 9 and the new P10 plus. They run the same OS and chipset, except the P10 plus I'm using has more RAM and storage.

I doubt Dji list Compatible devices (or if they do nothing much outside of the iPhone series and galaxy s phones)... So what are you using? Were you using? What issues did you have with newest Dji go version? What about compatibility and performance with your device using litchi or another 3rd party app?

RoOSTA

Hi there

I can only inform about my own experience. I own a Phantom3 Standard, and have done about 300 flights with it. I used a Huawei P8 lite first, with zero problems, and later migrated to a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9,6 tablet (for the bigger screen). The Huawei p8 lite has Android 6 and the Galaxy Tab E has android 4.4.4. Never had an issue whatsoever with this setup with all the DJIGO3 app versions.

I have recently upgraded to a Phantom4 and DJIGO4 app and ... all hell broke loose! With the tablet, is completely unusable, sometimes does not even connect, other times it connects but there is no image. When there is an image, it´s like a slideshow, the fps is unusable.
With the huawei phone, it connects always, always shows the image, decent framerate but... there are random blackouts and app crashes. It can crash when taking off, or you can have a black screen and then a crash 10mn into the flight at 400m distance, etc...

My personal conclusion: The DJIGO4 app, android version, is a beta on early stages on android OS and DJI seems to not know what to do with it.
They seem to always give priority to IOS and exchange direct SDK and problem solving.

Recently i was forced to migrate to IOS to be able to fly with confidence and all i can say is that it´s like night and day. I was never an apple user, or apple fanboy, but i´m forced to admit that for now, in the state the app behaves on android, it is the only way for mavic and p4 pilots. Cannot say anything about the spark behaviour because i don´t know yet. Perhaps someone else here can give feedback about the spark.

I have bought the ipad 2017 with the A9 chipset and it rocks with solid framerate and app stability.
Apple products are not cheap and have a locked down OS, but perhaps the later is the reason for the stability, in addition to the hardware improvements.
The ipad 2017 A9 is the first apple affordable tablet, with a performance very similar to ipad pro and top of the line devices. It has a great brightness for outdoors sunny days flights too.

This is my personal experience. I hope i was of any help to you or anybody else.

cheers friend.

I've obviously heard the many state that Dji Go app on Android is much more buggy than IOS which is very surprising given the more widespread android devices are which are also becoming more popular...but I'm interested to know who owns a phantom and is using a 3rd party android 7 smartphone (specifically Huawei) a d if they are experiencing any issues with it? I have both a mate 9 and the new P10 plus. They run the same OS and chipset, except the P10 plus I'm using has more RAM and storage.

I doubt Dji list Compatible devices (or if they do nothing much outside of the iPhone series and galaxy s phones)... So what are you using? Were you using? What issues did you have with newest Dji go version? What about compatibility and performance with your device using litchi or another 3rd party app?

RoOSTA

Last edited:
Cool. Anyone else using Huawei?

Could you please tell me your djigo 4 version, and also confirm you are running android 7(emui 5)? I'm considering the update but not sure yet. I own the mediapad m3 8.4. Thanks in advance...

Sure! --MediaPad = 6.0 I have not moved to 7 yet... DJIGo4 = 4.0.6 (so i can control Smart RTH on the P4P) Litchi 4.1.0

I just bought the latest Huawei mediapad m3 lite (Android 7), thinking it would be perfect for my phantom 3 adv. It does not work with the DJI GO app. I can fly the aircraft but the app shows "signal weak" but shows no other info about the aircraft. There is no video and I can't even perform controller calibration; it lets me go to the applicable screen but does not respond after when I select options. I can't even resync the controller to the aircraft.

DJI support simply told me that they don't have this tablet on their supported device list. They also don't have the phablet (Galaxy Note 3) listed which I have been using for a couple years with no issue.

I hope they get this worked out.

I have been looking at the m3 for my P3A .Did you get the problems sorted ?
I have a Samsung tab s 8.4 which seems very similar although less powerful .It runs GO well and Litchi not so well .

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems I get a lot of "disconnected" notifications and seemingly the only way I can fix this is not just to force stop the app and clear cache but to completely uninstall and remove it, then redownload install and set up. Extremely annoying! Anyone else get this VERY often?!

I use the P10 plus now (my phone mostly) as I haven't had much patience trying to get it working on my Samsung 10.1" galaxy tab 2014 edition, especially after the bird was last flown with my P10 then trying weeks later with the tab

RoOSTA

Hi guys.
I have Huawei MediaPad m3 lite with android 7 and recently bought Honor 9 also with android 7. On both devices there is no connection with my p3 advanced. Anyone solved that problem?
BTW - i found my old Samsung Galaxy Core Prime and everything is wotking fine :/

Huawei P9 lite on Standard perfectly good! Looking for P10 lite users and their exp.

Bought P10 lite and works perfectly! Not a single lag and its very smooth with P3S

Huawei M3 (not the Lite version) and it's running flawlessly on DJI Go 4.1.15
It's on Android 6, EMUI 4.1
It's a really great flying tablet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4