Anyone own a Huawei Android 7 device?

Just bought an M3 Mediapad (wifi version only) with android 7.0 yesterday, P4P didn't like it. I rolled back android version to 6 EMUI 4.1, all is good now. (no test flight yet but P4P connected fine)

Reactions: gingerbloke
Just bought an M3 Mediapad (wifi version only) with android 7.0 yesterday, P4P didn't like it. I rolled back android version to 6 EMUI 4.1, all is good now. (no test flight yet but P4P connected fine)

Hello,

I just bought the Huawei mediapad T3 8 and it doesn't connect.

My Samsung Note 3 works fine.

How did you downgrade the pad from Android 7 to 6?

I can't see anything online for it.

Hello,

I just bought the Huawei mediapad T3 8 and it doesn't connect.

My Samsung Note 3 works fine.

How did you downgrade the pad from Android 7 to 6?

I can't see anything online for it.

Take a look here [Tutorial] Rollback from N to MM for C432 devices, you need to have an SD card in the tablet, and have it hooked up to you PC, to be able to transfer files etc. Follow instructions carefully.

It is supposed to, but I can only state with certainty that it worked on my m3.

Thanks again. I will give it a go,

If it bricks, I will send it back as I have only had it 3 days.

Hopefully it works as its a really nice pad.

I've been using both my Huawei Mediapad M3 and my P8 Lite (when for some reason I don't want to use the tab! lol!) with no problems!
Only issue I experienced came with M3 update to android 7, it seems others had some issue with android 7 and dji app: controller is connected and recognized by your mobile BUT can't get in camera view 'coz app says "disconnected", but I solved it!
Here is how to work it out if you have this issue with android 7:

Assuming your controller and drone are indeed connected but yet camera view is not available, you just need to clean the mobile memory (RAM), don't ask me why, I don't know, but after checking any other thing (different usb cables too! lol!) I can confirm that in my case the problem was just that!
Something seems to stay in the mobile's memory cache (ram) stopping the app from recognizing your drone.
This happened both with dji go 3 (phantom 3 Advanced) and dji go 4 (Mavic Pro) and both were solved just cleaning memory with Huawei M3 app. Hope this can help you as well!
With huawei products it's very easy: just use mobile mangement app to clean memory and everything works fine! ;)

I've been using both my Huawei Mediapad M3 and my P8 Lite (when for some reason I don't want to use the tab! lol!) with no problems!
Only issue I experienced came with M3 update to android 7, it seems others had some issue with android 7 and dji app: controller is connected and recognized by your mobile BUT can't get in camera view 'coz app says "disconnected", but I solved it!

Assuming your controller and drone are indeed connected but yet camera view is not available, you just need to clean the mobile memory (RAM), don't ask me why, I don't know, but after checking any other thing (different usb cables too! lol!) I can confirm that in my case the problem was just that!
Something seems to stay in the mobile's memory cache (ram) stopping the app from recognizing your drone.
This happened both with dji go 3 (phantom 3 Advanced) and dji go 4 (Mavic Pro) and both were solved just cleaning memory with Huawei M3 app. Hope this can help you as well!
With huawei products it's very easy: just use mobile mangement app to clean memory and everything works fine! ;)

Thanks for this.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy an ipad mini 4 to save any hassle.

It works like a dream.

Ended up sending the T3 back.

Reactions: Psycho Andy
You're a star - my process for connecting is slightly different but you've saved me giving up on my Huawei M3 Lite 8 - it's now 100% with DJI Go4 + P4Pro

Many thanks, Adam

Reactions: Psycho Andy
Glad it's been of help! BTW I still think android 7 on huawei m3 sucks, might roll it back... ! lol!

Quick report back - my M3lite recently updated the firmware, all running perfectly. For various reasons (I fly a P3A and a P4Pro) I run Go, Go4 and Litchi on the same tablet, just select the 'just once' option when they connect.

My versions are:

M3 Lite - Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.1.2)
Litchi v4.9.0-g
DJI Go v3.1.43
DJI Go4 v4.3.0

Adam

Could you please tell me your djigo 4 version, and also confirm you are running android 7(emui 5)? I'm considering the update but not sure yet. I own the mediapad m3 8.4. Thanks in advance...
I have one of these mediapads, there is a decent thread on them elsewhere, but I had USB issues after updating the EMUI, and it would only connect when you selected charge only, besides that no other issues.
hth

M3 Lite did an update this morning, everything still working fine.

M3 Lite - Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.1.3)
Litchi v4.9.0-g
DJI Go v3.1.46
DJI Go4 v4.3.2

Adam

Quick report back - my M3lite recently updated the firmware, all running perfectly. For various reasons (I fly a P3A and a P4Pro) I run Go, Go4 and Litchi on the same tablet, just select the 'just once' option when they connect.

My versions are:

M3 Lite - Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.1.2)
Litchi v4.9.0-g
DJI Go v3.1.43
DJI Go4 v4.3.0

Adam

Reactions: Technical Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member