Firmware/Software/IOS 11? No camera view or connection

Reaction score
HELP! at wits end
Just started flying after 6 months. here is the chronological order of events

All going well then dropped iPad and broke screen.
Could still fly using iPhone7 plus
Decided to update firmware on both RC and Aircraft
Got second hand iPad off eBay but old model that could only run IOS 9.3.3
Could not get it to connect to RC/Camera advised by DJI support chat 9.3.3 not compatible
iPhone still worked OK
Bit the bullet and went and got brand new 2017 edition iPad running IOS 11.0.3 also updated phone to same.
Now can't get app to work. On iPad it just tells me how to connect and on phone it shows the screen but shows aircraft as 'Disconnected'
RC connects to Aircraft and motors fire up OK and respond. I could fly but no camera.
Have reset RC numerous times, changed USB leads no difference.
Have solid red lights at front of aircraft and slow flashing amber at rear. The gimble light is solid green.

What do I do???? Is it the firmware update or the IOS? Cant downgrade the IOS as Apple won't let me. Is it worth trying to downgrade Firmware?

HELP?

Your device may not be up to the task of running the GO app. You need to shut down everything running in the background and run the GO app only as it uses quite a bit of processing power.

Will do that now but I have always been flying with this device.

Will do that now but I have always been flying with this device.
The apps are getting bigger with each update and even on iOS, I'm having to get rid of anything I don't use and ensure I have at least 5-6GB of free pace and clear the video cache, lower the transmission bit rate to keep it running correctly. Here is a list of suitable DJI App devices.
Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help
It may not be 100% up to date but it is a guide.

• Hi there. Well its sorted. Spoke to the people I got the Drone from (Sphere Drones in Sydney) and they recommended replacing the USB module with the latest HDMI one. With postage cost me AUD $182 but got it overnight, fitted it and bingo I'm ready to go. The App is saying I should update the firmware on the RC but I did that prior to my issues so I'm a little hesitant. Do you know the latest firmware version number. It says I've got 1.8.0+.
  • Anyway thanks for all your advice and time. Much appreciate

• Hi there. Well its sorted. Spoke to the people I got the Drone from (Sphere Drones in Sydney) and they recommended replacing the USB module with the latest HDMI one. With postage cost me AUD $182 but got it overnight, fitted it and bingo I'm ready to go. The App is saying I should update the firmware on the RC but I did that prior to my issues so I'm a little hesitant. Do you know the latest firmware version number. It says I've got 1.8.0+.
  • Anyway thanks for all your advice and time. Much appreciate
Installing a HDMI module as a cure is one I haven't heard of before, but glad it worked out. The prompt for the RC FW upgrade enables you to use the dual output function (goggles and tablet for example) and enable the OSD for the goggles to work. I'm on 1.9.3 for my P4 but i don't know the version for a P3A. Upgrade took 30 secs and works fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl