Reaction score
Ok, So to start this off this is for all Phantom 3 platforms (since I have a standard) but I know most of you that will use these or others have the adv/pro. I have one rule though...NO BAD MOUTHING COMPANIES OR ANTENNA BRAND/MAKERS ...please. As many of you know there has been talk that these cheap china panels are the same as the Terminator...I argue that they do not perform the same. So anyone who has these cheap panels and wants to put results up please do so we can all see the comparison. Doesn't matter what you test it against, just let us know what you used please. When you post please include a screen shot of the flight for the CCP (cheap china panels) and the other antennas. It would be better I think if we used Healthy Drones and took a pic of you setup with your bird on the trip back before you land for actual proof that is what you used since HD will show the pic on the bottom of whatever pic you took that flight. PLEASE INCLUDE ALL YOUR MODS, BOOSTERS OR NONE, BIRD SIDE ANTENNAS. If there is something you guys want to add let me know!

I will start off with screen shots I took and will include my HD pic when I get home.My test was DBS mods small ITElite panel vs. CCP w/5.8 helical. No boosters with these tests for now

First flight was with DBS and achieved 4899.5 feet before RTH kicked in, Second flight, same path within minutes from each other was with CCP+5.8 helical and it got me 3157.7 feet
IMG_0106.PNG
IMG_0111.PNG

Reactions: Tommymonkey
Very interesting the DBS is like eight or nine dB and the CCP's are 14 dB?

Yes the DBS small panel is 2x9dbi and the CCP are 14dbi each.. had them set at same angle and had to adjust flight height to mantain signal on the 2.4 side with the CCP

Last edited:
Can you tell me in layman's terms how to take screen shot of the flight. You might want to imagine you are talking to someone educated in the judicial system. I have a android device.
Well don't even imagine. Thanks.

Can you tell me in layman's terms how to take screen shot of the flight. You might want to imagine you are talking to someone educated in the judicial system. I have a android device.

Google it for your particular device but from memory android devices are to press and hold the on/off button and home button simultaneously till you hear a shutter sound

Reactions: Procharged97
Larger panels may pick up more interference. What we call noise. Might try flying in a different place.
That is my best spot I have around me...everywhere else is worse....only a few houses in that path that no one lives at and no power lines or anything like that overthere.

Thats sweet Max!! What are you using for the pole? I have a few heavy duty boat hooks i was thinking of using for a setup like yours..there cool because you can adjust them up to 20' or leave them down to 5' and are very light! If your close to my location I'll give you one to experiment with!

What have you got for distance with the china panels so far Max?

Thats sweet Max!! What are you using for the pole? I have a few heavy duty boat hooks i was thinking of using for a setup like yours..there cool because you can adjust them up to 20' or leave them down to 5' and are very light! If your close to my location I'll give you one to experiment with!
There is a electrical company next store to me , and I got a scrap piece of pvc conduit.
I am not close. Did you boost your CCP ??
I ran mine boosted. But I had to drive out to the farm land to get good range. Here around my house I cant get but 5or6000ft.

?
What have you got for distance with the china panels so far Max?
I got over 3 miles with my old cheap panels.
These are new and cost twice as much. I haven't tried them out yet to windy. They are 14 dbi, but are a lot bigger then my Chines set. I put the Max range on top. So this is what I am planning, Max rang for video at 24 dbi, the other two panels for transmitter at 24 dbi. All boosted. I am experimenting on this so there will be changes,.

Ok, So to start this off this is for all Phantom 3 platforms (since I have a standard) but I know most of you that will use these or others have the adv/pro. I have one rule though...NO BAD MOUTHING COMPANIES OR ANTENNA BRAND/MAKERS ...please. As many of you know there has been talk that these cheap china panels are the same as the Terminator...I argue that they do not perform the same. So anyone who has these cheap panels and wants to put results up please do so we can all see the comparison. Doesn't matter what you test it against, just let us know what you used please. When you post please include a screen shot of the flight for the CCP (cheap china panels) and the other antennas. It would be better I think if we used Healthy Drones and took a pic of you setup with your bird on the trip back before you land for actual proof that is what you used since HD will show the pic on the bottom of whatever pic you took that flight. PLEASE INCLUDE ALL YOUR MODS, BOOSTERS OR NONE, BIRD SIDE ANTENNAS. If there is something you guys want to add let me know!

I will start off with screen shots I took and will include my HD pic when I get home.My test was DBS mods small ITElite panel vs. CCP w/5.8 helical. No boosters with these tests for now

First flight was with DBS and achieved 4899.5 feet before RTH kicked in, Second flight, same path within minutes from each other was with CCP+5.8 helical and it got me 3157.7 feetView attachment 57849 View attachment 57850

Have you found a good source for low loss cables that are 10 or 15ft long??

There is a thread on here called flying grom inside the house or car..i know the op said he uses low loss lmr400 i think it was from L-com i believe..he runs 50' to the inside of his house with amps

Reactions: ANewWorldOrder
So on your liehuo 14dbi panels you got 5-6k around your congested area?? And was that boosted?

I didnt try them boosted and cant now since i just stripped them apart to redo them..only one small piece of 7mm foam in as a spacer..im going to use thinner foam for spacers at all 4 corners and actually run a panel mount sma thru the back. Ill post as i go if anyone is interested

Attachments

• 1466641107133.jpg
    1466641107133.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 1466641140849.jpg
    1466641140849.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,238
  • 1466641160357.jpg
    1466641160357.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,270
  • 1466641178849.jpg
    1466641178849.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,278
  • 1466641194520.jpg
    1466641194520.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,286
Last edited:
Position your hand like a chop and swipe the edge of your hand across the screen. You will hear the screenshot sound

First flight was with DBS and achieved 4899.5 feet before RTH kicked in, Second flight, same path within minutes from each other was with CCP+5.8 helical and it got me 3157.7 feet
What distance do you get in that same route stock without any antennas??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic