Can't connect through camera...

I believe through PC assistant, but not 100% on that for firmware, I thought the update was only to add network feature to extender ( so you can be online and flying for live streaming ) that is just WIERD.
Send me your addy slinger ( I'm going to send you a working camera, and extender ( this way you can place a KNOWN working camera on your phantom ( so you can test your extenders on it ) also, reverse that, you can check your camera with this extender. At least we can find out what is the issue ( camera or extender, or both )???

If camera IS bad , send it to me ( use mine in the mean time ) and I'll send yours back ( fixed ), might have a different Mac addy if your wifi board is bad? But all else stays the same. Then when yours is working again, ( 100% ) just send my stuff back my way.

( if you want to ? )
But send addy in a pm or email ( [email protected] )

J Dot
:cool:

Take care, Fly safe!

Reactions: dirkclod
Email sent... Thanks again, sir...

-slinger

I believe through PC assistant, but not 100% on that for firmware, I thought the update was only to add network feature to extender ( so you can be online and flying for live streaming ) that is just WIERD.
Send me your addy slinger ( I'm going to send you a working camera, and extender ( this way you can place a KNOWN working camera on your phantom ( so you can test your extenders on it ) also, reverse that, you can check your camera with this extender. At least we can find out what is the issue ( camera or extender, or both )???

If camera IS bad , send it to me ( use mine in the mean time ) and I'll send yours back ( fixed ), might have a different Mac addy if your wifi board is bad? But all else stays the same. Then when yours is working again, ( 100% ) just send my stuff back my way.

( if you want to ? )
But send addy in a pm or email ( [email protected] )

J Dot

Take care, Fly safe!

Jerry:

I pulled my camera and RotorPixel off the P2V and just suspended your camera underneath with both cables plugged in. Using your extender, it picked right up... no probs... But it insisted on doing the update. I didn't do that, but I set up my RE700 that's already been updated and connected to your camera without issue... Works perfectly. Looks like the problem is with my camera... I'm not sure I want to go through all the hassle of installing your camera on the RotorPixel, so I may just leave it apart until we can figure out what's wrong with my cam. I'm going to try my camera next without the RotorPixel installed... just because...

Stay tuned, and thank you so much... again...

-slinger

No Problem,
You've been a great, long time friend, and I hate you are grounded! So let's get that bad boy working again, long live The P2v!

Take care, Fly safe!

J Dot

Jerry:

It's definitely my camera... How much of a pain in the *** is it to take the camera apart. I see four screws. Any secrets... anything to watch out for?

Thanks
-slinger

Pretty easy,
Take out 4 screws, the back plate snaps off ( FROM THE TOP ( gimbal mount side ) down both sides ( DO NOT DO BOTTOM, as it is supported by 2 pins ) once top and sides are unsnapped, lift UP & away ( off 2 pins )

After that, pretty self explanatory, only be EXTREMELY CAREFUL with board # 2 as it is permanently wired to top plate via fan ( wires can break easily )

Start with 2 Phillips screws holding camera lens and board on ( the flip up black tab remove ribbon from top board, set lens assembly aside, then do each board one at a time ( gently prying each board apart ) now last board you'll need tiny flat screwdriver, to take dowel screws out, and don't forget ( thermal paste ) if you remove lowest board from frame )

Keep screws with proper boards stay clean TAKE PICTURES, to help reassembly!

Pretty simple

Jd

Reverse order to reassemble ( using thermal Paste on bottom board ) also PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO ( on/off switch ) make sure switch on board, and SLIDER on rear cover are set the same when you snap it back on, or your switch won't work!

Hint: tape button to bottom half casing from outside to help during reassembly! ( it likes to fall out when you are trying to reassemble! )

J Dot

Last edited:
Ps:
Did you revert your app to last version ( 1 version older than newest ) version before this update extender crap!

This may help for future flights!

J Dot

Nope.. Still have latest app. I was amazed when the transmission started working right off the bat. What the hell could have gone wrong with the camera while sitting in the case? Weird... I"m not going to pop open the camera after listening to your directions... ;)

I may put your camera on the RotorPixel just to get it back up in the air. Do you want me to send you back your RE700 and my camera? PM me an address? And thanks again...

-slinger

Yes, I'd like to look at it,
( here was my thoughts, I wanted to fix yours ( * ), so your Mac addy matched your box ( keep things simple for you ) * BUT if your WIFI board IS bad, than your Mac addy would be different anyway! So, if it is NOT the wifi board, I can fix and send back ( if you want if you don't care, than ENJOY! Lol.

Either way is fine with me , I'll fix and keep or fix and swap back, whatever, but yes send it my way, and I'll see what I can do. But in the mean time put that bad boy on your rotorpixel, and go have some FUN!
I'll send my info to your email ( same as you sent me your info ) OK, just sent it through, so check your mail!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Yes, I'd like to look at it,
( here was my thoughts, I wanted to fix yours ( * ), so your Mac addy matched your box ( keep things simple for you ) * BUT if your WIFI board IS bad, than your Mac addy would be different anyway! So, if it is NOT the wifi board, I can fix and send back ( if you want if you don't care, than ENJOY! Lol.

Either way is fine with me , I'll fix and keep or fix and swap back, whatever, but yes send it my way, and I'll see what I can do. But in the mean time put that bad boy on your rotorpixel, and go have some FUN!
I'll send my info to your email ( same as you sent me your info ) OK, just sent it through, so check your mail!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Actually I haven't had the box for quite some time, so that's a moot point... I'll send mine along with your RE700. If for any reason you can't get mine to work, please let me know and I'll get this one back to you. Also... if you need to buy parts for that one, let me know and I'll take care of it... Very much appreciate your going way out of your way on this...

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod and J Dot
Hello Slinger,
Hey Gil, I took your camera apart last night, it was board 3 that was fried, board on top of wifi board! I was surprised, I'm seeing a lot of camera boards ( top board ) and wifi boards ( bottom board, ) this is a first? Upon visual inspection, under magnifying glass, and enlarger, no visual damage, I'm going to test a few components ( bigger ones ) to see if it is component burnout or in fact firmware issue? But don't have the time right now ( as it is time consuming ) you have to remove the components to test correctly, or at least 1 leg! Lol
But she is working again, same Mac addy, takes beautiful pics/video. Just thought you should know! SHE LIVES FOR ANOTHER FLIGHT!

Take care Buddy! Hope you are having fun, and life is treating you well! Ps: Have a great 4th, and DON'T Blow nothin' up now! o_O

Take care, Fly Safe ( Long Live the P2v )

J Dot

Hi. hate to bust in here. Havent flown my P2V in a year. took it out the other day. worked beautiful. Tried flying today, the app forced an upgrade and from then on couldnt connect. Any suggestions?

Hi. hate to bust in here. Havent flown my P2V in a year. took it out the other day. worked beautiful. Tried flying today, the app forced an upgrade and from then on couldnt connect. Any suggestions?

Hello,
You are NOT busting in at all, my friend, please don't feel like that, we are here to help if we can.

Ok
Upon repairing fc200 cameras, I'm finding the wifi board ( bottom board ) , camera board ( top board ) and most recently ( #3 board ) burnt. Not 100% sure what that board does? ( I'm guessing a processing board for FPV as I was getting telemetry but no live feed, same as cam board burnout, but wifi board you will have no signal at all extender won't even hook to wifi unless you reset it. But either way won't hook to camera wifi.
All this due to must upgrade extender update. That is why app was removed from iTunes. You'll need to fix , replace, or send for repair. Sorry, only options.

Hope this helps
J Dot

Hello,
You are NOT busting in at all, my friend, please don't feel like that, we are here to help if we can.

Ok
Upon repairing fc200 cameras, I'm finding the wifi board ( bottom board ) , camera board ( top board ) and most recently ( #3 board ) burnt. Not 100% sure what that board does? ( I'm guessing a processing board for FPV as I was getting telemetry but no live feed, same as cam board burnout, but wifi board you will have no signal at all extender won't even hook to wifi unless you reset it. But either way won't hook to camera wifi.
All this due to must upgrade extender update. That is why app was removed from iTunes. You'll need to fix , replace, or send for repair. Sorry, only options.

Hope this helps
J Dot
hi sir! do you have anymore fc200 cameras you can sell or i can use? i really want to be able to use my phantom on my roadtrip to canada on july 11. if theres no way its totally cool. thanks for finding this out, now i know the sad truth :( really hard to find a fc200 camera nowadays

Where are you located?
I do have 2 cameras left, they going quick, as I'm running out of parts fast,
I'll send you a pm.

J Dot

Where are you located?
I do have 2 cameras left, they going quick, as I'm running out of parts fast,
I'll send you a pm.

J Dot
im in california. i can pay for shipping :) this will really help me out! thanks so much!

Hello,

Ok

Hope this helps
J Dot
Thank you for the fast reply, J Dot. I might be interested in replacing the camera. Do you have any more you're looking to sell? How much might they be?

thank you again

Hello Slinger,
Hey Gil, I took your camera apart last night, it was board 3 that was fried, board on top of wifi board! I was surprised, I'm seeing a lot of camera boards ( top board ) and wifi boards ( bottom board, ) this is a first? Upon visual inspection, under magnifying glass, and enlarger, no visual damage, I'm going to test a few components ( bigger ones ) to see if it is component burnout or in fact firmware issue? But don't have the time right now ( as it is time consuming ) you have to remove the components to test correctly, or at least 1 leg! Lol
But she is working again, same Mac addy, takes beautiful pics/video. Just thought you should know! SHE LIVES FOR ANOTHER FLIGHT!

Take care Buddy! Hope you are having fun, and life is treating you well! Ps: Have a great 4th, and DON'T Blow nothin' up now! o_O

Take care, Fly Safe ( Long Live the P2v )

J Dot

Awesome... Though a bit troubling... The component went south while she was just sitting quietly in her case... Very bizarre...

And thank you so much again, bro... She'll be going up this afternoon... :)

I recently bought a P2V and have been struggling with the FPV. Are these boards available anywhere as replacements, or are you dismantling other cameras to make the repairs? Thanks for all of the help with this widespread problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl