Can't connect through camera...

Tested installing 2.6.1 and it works fine ffs. That is the problem. For me at least. Dirty tricks DJI.

Yeah... this pretty much cements the end of my affair with DJI. If I can't fix this, I'll part it out and go to a brand that actually offers support...

-slinger

Tested installing 2.6.1 and it works fine ffs. That is the problem. For me at least. Dirty tricks DJI.

2.6.1 of what... app? Please explain...

Thanks...
-slinger

The DJI go app on the tablet. Downgrading to 2.6.1 works fine. Video feed is good and everything else works perfectly.

The DJI go app on the tablet. Downgrading to 2.6.1 works fine. Video feed is good and everything else works perfectly.
Interesting but read on..

I'm ruling out a device issue.. I have a dedicated (Android) tablet just for my P2 Vision.
Cheap off brand tablet, never been updated.. Hell even the the apps are from my last flight & have not been updated yet on that device..

With that being said I have also tryed now a total of 7 different Android device's..

All device's tether with the repeaters network with no issue's..
Camera control's function as does record/manual pic & video to cams SD card via app & from the pushbutton on the cam itself..
Just no fpv on any device's..

I have never boosted my "camera" TX signal either.. So I'm ruleing out a wifi module issue.. All firmwares have always been up to date sense my last flight many months ago..

With that also being said I did a reload on all firmwares the other day & yet still no joy..

Removing the cam housing it's showing the green LED in sync with the repeater as it always has..
So I would believe fpv wifi is being broadcasted.

If anything is the issue I'm looking more at the wifi module housed in the Phantom being at fault..
Only makes sense as the cam seems to be operating fine as is the repeater..
Have yet to remove the lid on the Phantom so that'll be a project to look into with in the day's to come..

Just very very odd on DJI's part stopping support knowing many of these birds are still in flight.. But that's a debate we should just move on from..
Just makes yea Wounder though doesn't it as the timing couldn't be better..

I'll look for older .apks of the apps for Droid as well & see if it is indeed just software related.. Let's hope..

I just downgraded my app following this video How to downgrade to any DJI GO App version I installed back to 1.0.32 which I just chose as it seemed fairly old going by the list that was populated. Everything works but still no fpv, I can still record video and stills. I'm guessing its this blown board in the camera I've read about. I've already redone my heatsink in the wifi module. I am also able to view my album of footage via the wifi link in the app, which makes me think its defo not my wifi module.

Definitely a problem with the updated software. I also pulled out my Vision and Vision 2 after not using either since I got the P3 Pro. All worked fine except no camera view showing on tablet for both aircraft. Both were working when I stored them away. Both take pictures and video onto the sd card using the Vision App but nothing shows on the App screen. I tried android and iPad with Vision app (latest versions), both worked but with no camera view on app. I tried the original Nexus 2013 that I had originally used with both Quadcopters with same results. It did show that Vision app and software were updated on the Nexus and aircraft, which was the only difference since I last used both Quads. On Nexus the tilt camera control also did not work, but it worked on other tablets. I tried to install Vision App on Nvidea Shield from Google Play and it said it is not compatible with Shield. I loaded it from other website listed there but I didn't install it because I didn't want to take a chance of causing a problem with the Shield that I am using for the P3 Pro.

If DJI is no longer supporting the P2 they should have left the software in working condition. It makes me wonder if they are not correcting this problem so people will get frustrated and buy a new version of Phantom.

Is there a location I can get old version of Vision software for Android tablets and phones? I am trying to get the Vision working to pass it along to my grandson.

After reading many reviews via the Android store for the DJI Vision app it seems user's have been having issues sense February.
Seems DJI was sneaky & creeped some 'firmware' update within the 2.6.0 version so I've read..

In short it bricks either the wifi module or the extender.. No word on a fix even 4 months later now other then just buying replacement parts & using a 3rd party app or a version of DJI vision below 2.6.0...

So I hold true that it's rather interesting timing that DJI stopped support when they did.. Im willing to bet they knew what was up..

What an innovative method of creating a market for P3's and 4's. You got to sell them because you can't eat them.

Ok dumb question. Since everyone says they have no fov on phone but camera still works for taking pics and movies. How do I take pics or movies? Operate the app as I normally would? Thanks for everyone's hard work on this for us less tech savvy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello
I believe all problems we are having , each are individual,
Like this
I have 1 red solid light, I get telemetry ( battery life, wifi signal, GPS data, and extender battery life ) just no live feed ( just a circling wheel like it's loading ) but I can move the gimbal in app, take pics, video but no view
My second craft
Green light on gimbal, but I have nothing no telemetry, no control and no feed ( says ( connection broken to phantom network ) but I can use button on gimbal to take pics or video ( quick push is a picture, push and hold for 3 seconds is video ) but you'll have to start video on ground go fly, then stop video when you land!
BUT
Both mine were bad gimbal mainboard a, I swapped them for new ones, and both work beautifully ( I will add one had a bad wifi module as well. ) but those mainboard a will do some crazy stuff, I have another with no lights at all, and no action on gimbal at all, just dead, but I have to look into it, maybe broken ribbon?

Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

Wanted to add
I think most of these issues are circuit related ( random burnout ), some are wiring ( faulty connector, loose connector, broken wire, worn out pins, ect. Updates, APP's, firmware, I do not believe had anything to do with it ( just my thoughts ) as any circuitry goes. **** goes bad, just the way it is! If every gimbal had the same issue , the same burnout, ect, I might say sabotage, but I believe these run very hot, and stuff happens! I've never owned a car, that has not cost me something in repair sooner or later! Just sayin!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Hey Gunslinger, I am having exactly the same problem. I haven't used the P2V in over a year, worked fine last time I flew it (when I installed the RotorPixel). Scratching my head......
Please advise if you find the problem.

John

Hey john,
I have a few phantom visions, and a few end up sitting for a while, so I periodically charge them up ( Tx, extender, battery ) but once in a while, they will become unbound? Not sure why ( extender battery got too dead, who knows ) then occasionally the extender acts up.

Not sure if this is your particular problem or not, but try this

Retrieve Mac addy if you don't have it already or if you can ( you can retrieve it using analyzer app )

Turn on extender ONLY ( count to 45 seconds ) press and hold reset until both lights are lit and then system light goes out ( release button )
Now turn on Tx and bird, connect to phantomxxxxxx, then open app and bind, wait for it to reset, rebook to phantomxxxxxx and see if it is back?

If not

Delete app, turn phone OFF completely, turn on phone , reinstall app, and try procedure again.

Also I saw a YouTube video about a guy who found s trick

First turn on extender wait 45 seconds, then turn on Tx, and bird as normal, connect and try.

These may or may not work for you? But worth a try.

J Dot

Hey john,
I have a few phantom visions, and a few end up sitting for a while, so I periodically charge them up ( Tx, extender, battery ) but once in a while, they will become unbound? Not sure why ( extender battery got too dead, who knows ) then occasionally the extender acts up.

Retrieve Mac addy if you don't have it already or if you can ( you can retrieve it using analyzer app )

Turn on extender ONLY ( count to 45 seconds ) press and hold reset until both lights are lit and then system light goes out ( release button )
Now turn on Tx and bird, connect to phantomxxxxxx, then open app and bind, wait for it to reset, rebook to phantomxxxxxx and see if it is back?

If not

Delete app, turn phone OFF completely, turn on phone , reinstall app, and try procedure again.

First turn on extender wait 45 seconds, then turn on Tx, and bird as normal, connect and try.

J Dot

Thanks. I'll give it a try!

Reactions: J Dot
Hey john,

If not

J Dot

Just tried that... All it accomplished was to not bind at all... Getting worse by the minute... sigh...

-slinger

Slinger are you getting a signal through the analyzer? From your camera?

And also getting a signal from extender?

Jerry

Hey john,

If not

J Dot

I tried your suggestion. When it came back up, it told me the extender needed an upgrade. I thought this might be the fix. When it came back up, I no longer have any connectivity to the P2V at all. How do you change the firmware on the extender? I'd like to put it back. How do you even see which firmware it is. I still have the old TX and extender. How do I go back to that? I forget all this stuff, since I haven't dealt with the Phantom in many months... This really sucks...

-slinger

Slinger are you getting a signal through the analyzer? From your camera?

And also getting a signal from extender?

Jerry

I can bind to the FC200 through both my RE700 and my old RE500. But now I get absolutely no connection... Can't see telemetry, can't take pictures, can't take video. I could do at least all of that before...

WTF?

-slinger

How can you tell what firmware is running on the RE700. It apparently upgraded it and may have bricked it...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl