Can't connect through camera...

See my post above mate.

Slinger, I called DJI again today. Was told by a technician that my IPhone 5 was not supported anymore for use with P2V. He told me to refer to their web site and that information was on the site. When I did go to their site, it said that IPhone 4 thru IPhone 6S were useable with the P2V. With all the differing stories I've received from them, I'm giving up on them as being a knowledgeable reference for our problem. I then called several DJI authorized repair shops. Drone Doctor said there were only 2 things that could cause this problem. 1. The range extender, or 2. the camera. He did state that it is uaually the camera. I've got a new range extender on order as 1. mine felt extremely warm, so I thought I might have fried it by leaving it on in my gopro case and 2 Its $99. The camera is $500 for a new one.

I've used I4 I5 and I6 phones with no issues, seems DJI are yanking your chain there mate. If it's the RE you might not get telemetry data but if you get that then it may be the camera. Have you tried resetting the RE to default settings and turn rebinding

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

before doing this make a note of the mac address of the RE by going into the binding section of the app.
this is from the Wiki page
  • 1.Power on the camera and Range Extender.
  • 2.Approximately 30 seconds later, press the Binding Reset Button on the Range Extender with a thin object until the SYSTEM Indicator turns off. The Range Extender will then restart automatically.
  • 3.Approximately 30 seconds later, the SYSTEM Indicator will start to blink green, indicating that the Range Extender is ready for binding.
  • 4.Enable Wi-Fi on your mobile device then select “Phantom_XXXXXX” the (SSIDof your Range Extender) from theWi-Fi network list.
  • 5.Figure 37) Run the DJI VISION App then tap -> Settings -> General -> Binding. (Figure 38) Select ’Scan QR Code’ to scan the camera QR code on the product packaging. (Figure 39) Get the camera SSID (E.g. FC200_xxxxxx) and the MAC address. You can also skip the scan and enter the camera MAC address directly (Figure 38, Figure 40). The MAC address can be found on the camera label.
  • 6.Tap the tickin the top right corner. The Range Extender should automatically restart. Binding is now complete.

Crash, That's the binding process. Already did that with no success with the FPV. Thanks for the help. I bought the only one on Ebay for 150.

Yeah. I've got two range extenders and same prob with both. I'm thinking camera...

-slinger

Slinger, go to the discussion forum and look at Mustangboxer's post "P2V no FPV but records and have control". I mistakingly posted one of the pictures off of your Gunslinger website that I had corrected for lens distortion. Sorry for putting it in the wrong place, but it was late and I was tired. Take a look at the picture and let me know what you think.

Oops sorry mate I'm ill with flu, the reset procedure is to press the little button next to the power button with a pin and hold until the system light goes off then follow the rebind process

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK I just had the same problem on two different FC200 egg cameras. One had a black screen with the pinwheel of death and the other was just black. Both had wifi signal, battery, telemetry,both would recognize the SD card, but neither had FPV. The one with the pinwheel would take pictures, but the one with the black screen could not. When I tried to take a pic or video it would say sensor error. So I suspected it was a different problem with each one. So I opened them both up and inspected the boards. Not surprising I found a fried board in each. The one with the black screen(no pinwheel) was the board attached to the camera/camera lens. Bummer! The one with the pinwheel was the board beneath the board that is hard wired to the fan. Fortunately they were different boards and was able to make one good camera from the two sets of parts. I'm going to call DJI (but not getting my hopes up) and see if they have some extra boards lying around that they could give/sell to me. Fingers crossed! My advise would be to open it up and take a look inside for obvious fried boards (mine were pretty obvious). Other than that I don't think there is a firmware upgrade or downgrade that is going to help this. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Happy flying (with or without FPV)!

Yeah... I have an email into a DJI support center, but don't hold out too much hope either. I'm going to take mine apart this weekend and if I find anything fried, which I fear I will, I'll be looking to buy one on FleaBay...

-slinger...

Slinger, I just fixed my PV2 which had the exact same symptoms that yours has. I replaced the camera with a used one I purchased off of ebay. I tried replacing the ranger extender first with no luck. There's no telling how long a used camera will last. Good luck with yours. What are your thoughts on the Phantom 4?

After reading this post I've decided to dig out my PH2 Vision. & the result-
Having the same **** issue.. Stored Phantom for around 6 months. Replenish all battery's.. Attempt a quick test just to find no live feed..

Recordings work as does taking pix..
Rather pist..
Tryed 3 separate apps (running Android) with 4 separate devices as well..

Not cool man, there's sooo much money rapped up in my V2 & a new cam is not somthing I'm willing to throw money at..

Just why the hell is this happening when I'm reading users of whom also started there Phantoms & are having the same issue after being stored for 3+ months..

I mean WTF man...

After reading this post I've decided to dig out my PH2 Vision. & the result-
Having the same **** issue.. Stored Phantom for around 6 months. Replenish all battery's.. Attempt a quick test just to find no live feed..

Recordings work as does taking pix..
Rather pist..
Tryed 3 separate apps (running Android) with 4 separate devices as well..

Not cool man, there's sooo much money rapped up in my V2 & a new cam is not somthing I'm willing to throw money at..

Just why the hell is this happening when I'm reading users of whom also started there Phantoms & are having the same issue after being stored for 3+ months..

I mean WTF man...

Yeah... I hear you. Mine worked perfectly the last time it was out of the case. Something really frickin' weird is afoot here....

-slinger

Slinger, I just fixed my PV2 which had the exact same symptoms that yours has. I replaced the camera with a used one I purchased off of ebay. I tried replacing the ranger extender first with no luck. There's no telling how long a used camera will last. Good luck with yours. What are your thoughts on the Phantom 4?

I'm leaning more towards the P3Pro. The price has dropped a bit and will drop more. It'd be an awesome deal at $799 and I've seen some go for that price...

-slinger

I'm leaning more towards the P3Pro. The price has dropped a bit and will drop more. It'd be an awesome deal at $799 and I've seen some go for that price...

-slinger
Seen it for 699 here somewhere in the last few days Slinger .
Saw it here but have seen another if I can find it .P3P for $699 - 24 Hours Only

Last edited:
So I got an answer to my problem. Not sure if it is actually the same as yours but I hope you are as annoyed as I am if it is. I have a note 8, sgh-i467m LTE that has 2g ram and an exynos octacore. No reason on earth to end of life that level device. This device (as of 3 go app versions ago now) is no longer supported by DJI. Suspiciously the same time it stopped working. So they don't just say we don't help you with issues they somehow stopped support for some devices. It has always worked fine previously. I am trying to downgrade to see if it fixes it. One if their reps on the phone suggested device support was removed and a little research confirms it easily.

Not sure if that's your issue also but for me, video feed is the only thing lost. Everything else seems to work fine. Like it cant get exclusive use on the camera hw address or something. And they don't intend to fix it.

In fact, it seems like they caused it by removing 'support'.

Something that may help you.. I've been using vertical studio on that device. It works well and video still works via the API.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik