Canadian P4P Flyers...Where to buy P4P?

Reaction score
Wondering if any fellow Canadians on this forum could point me towards where they ordered their P4P from, and why they chose that store. Did you buy from the states? DJI directly? B&H type stores, or a drone specific store? Amazon.ca? Etc. My main concerns are what if something is wrong and I need to exchange it...

Ideally would like to buy from Canada but ultimately the best / legit / secure place is most important to me.

I purchased straight from the DJI website. The price includes all taxes and duties. But it is in US dollars but it's much cheaper than the places including bestbuy when I looked. Definitely what I would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Same, DJI direct.

If you want to save money then go this route just remember to use a credit card that doesn't charge foreign currency exchange rates. Amazon.ca offers a chase Visa card which does just this. It's free to apply and you get $20 in credit + points on purchases.

One thing of note; DJI return policy is 14days and a complete PITA, so make sure you're absolutely sure on what you want to fly if you go this route. If you're not sure or worried well then either try to test fly, or get it from bestbuy and pay the premiums. Bestbuy's return policy is unbeatable.

I would also like to mention that if I was in your shoes, knowing what I know now, I would wait until spring. Flying in this weather sucks and thanks to buddy boy down in the south the Canadian dollar is on an upward trend; By the time April rolls around you should have a more favorable USD - CAD exchange rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Equidale
I would also like to mention that if I was in your shoes, knowing what I know now, I would wait until spring. Flying in this weather sucks and thanks to buddy boy down in the south the Canadian dollar is on an upward trend; By the time April rolls around you should have a more favorable USD - CAD exchange rate.

I'm still saving for it so likely won't be till closer to spring anyway...On that note, though, how "weather proof" is it? As in sitting on snow to take off / land. Not flying in during snow fall or rain obviously, I just mean colder weather and sitting on snow.

I'm still saving for it so likely won't be till closer to spring anyway...On that note, though, how "weather proof" is it? As in sitting on snow to take off / land. Not flying in during snow fall or rain obviously, I just mean colder weather and sitting on snow.

It handles just fine. Just need to keep the batteries warm before take off and expect 10~20% drop in flight time (which I haven't really noticed).

The issue is standing around in the cold trying to control the **** thing without gloves (touch screen). In -5C weather, no windchill I can last 1 battery before I say the hell with it and run back to my car.

Post Edit: There are posts out there of people flying the P4P in sub 20C weather but I've read reports and seen videos of gimbals vibration issues during prolonged cold flights... Clearly I don't have to worry about such problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Equidale
It is also recommended that you purchase DJI Care refresh, regardless of where you buy the Phantom. If you buy direct from DJI you can add the coverage during check out. If you buy from Amazon or Best Buy you can add the coverage during the activation process.
To me it is worth the peace of mind.

Same, DJI direct.

If you want to save money then go this route just remember to use a credit card that doesn't charge foreign currency exchange rates. Amazon.ca offers a chase Visa card which does just this. It's free to apply and you get $20 in credit + points on purchases.

One thing of note; DJI return policy is 14days and a complete PITA, so make sure you're absolutely sure on what you want to fly if you go this route. If you're not sure or worried well then either try to test fly, or get it from bestbuy and pay the premiums. Bestbuy's return policy is unbeatable.

Best Buy says they won't accept returns unless the box is unopened.

Hi Equidale - I bought my P4P directly from HobbyHobby in Toronto. My Inspire1 and Phantom 2 came from them as well. Great service and support if needed. As for winter flying, mine was with me while I was ice fishing in North Bay last week and did incredibly well. Warm batteries first but still managed 20 minute flights which was plenty for my purposes.

I'll be darn.

a while back ago I bought a Phantom 3 Pro from my local Best Buy. Took it home, activated the aircraft and flew it 2 times. After my second flight I was getting ready to put the aircraft away when I noticed an stress crack under one of the motors. I took it back to BB and showed them the crack under one of the motors, they did not hesitate to take it back. In fact, whey they did not want to me to take the time to show them what was wrong with the AC.

They will definitely accept returns if the box is opened, as long as the product is in good shape with all accessories, etc. I've personally returned a (opened and flown) P4 to BB, no problems at all.

This was in the US though, does the return policy vary in Canada?

They will definitely accept returns if the box is opened, as long as the product is in good shape with all accessories, etc. I've personally returned a (opened and flown) P4 to BB, no problems at all.

This was in the US though, does the return policy vary in Canada?

Looking online, Best Buy Canada says for drones they will only accept it if it is unopened.... Same appears for Amazon.ca - bummer. I just like knowing I can exchange something if it is malfunctioning vs having to go through warranty

Looking online, Best Buy Canada says for drones they will only accept it if it is unopened.... Same appears for Amazon.ca - bummer. I just like knowing I can exchange something if it is malfunctioning vs having to go through warranty

I went with MultiRotorHeli. Ordered a P4P, 2 extra batteries, Nanuk 945 case and a couple other essentials for a good deal. I didn't want to wait for the price to drop. Who knows, perhaps by then I might think I NEED a P5. MRH was the same or slightly less than Amazon.com for the same stuff with exchange and GST.

Gotta make up my mind whether to get an iPad Mini 4 128Gb new, or an Apple refurbished with cellular for a few bucks more. Doubt I'll need the cellular, but....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1