Can anyone help me with this? Camera tilts I when I gain altitude?

Reaction score
hi guys, I flew my drone today, it was cold around 32F (0C) and I had been flying for around 5 mins, I did warm mothers up etc before hand. flight was going well, until I tried going high. I was probably at around 900ft which I know is too high before anyone comments. anyway I noticed my camera tilted left. just before It did it wobbled, then every time I pressed the stick up to rise it tilted violently, if I pressed it up slowly the tilt didnt happen. I got scared and came back down but the rest of the flight was smooth. just want to know if anyone else has has this? video of footage is in the link.

thanks!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sounds to me like it was more of a high wind factor blowing against the camera. Its pretty light and can easily be moved in strong wind. Did you fly lower, like 100 metres to see if it still does the same?

yeah and it didnt happen, there wasn't any wind today and I never even got that high wind warning so I didnt really think it was the wind!

Can see where your coming from. However even its calm at ground level, higher up is a complete different story. Tried that myself when I went to practice ATTI mode. Blew it like it was thrown in the air and yet not even a leaf blowing across the ground. I will say to give it another shot at that height again. That way we can round it down a bit more

Yip had on me p4s,used to happen high or low without wind ,was on old firmware at time ,did come right when I update everything thankfully ,even when turning my cam would tilt,was very annoying.there's a app called uav for cast which shows wind speed at ground up to 1500mtrs if remember right,
Screenshot_20180211-071019.jpg

Can see where your coming from. However even its calm at ground level, higher up is a complete different story. Tried that myself when I went to practice ATTI mode. Blew it like it was thrown in the air and yet not even a leaf blowing across the ground. I will say to give it another shot at that height again. That way we can round it down a bit more

yeah maybe then, ill give it another shot. I did swap batteries and fly for another 20 mins after and went to max altitude with no problems at all so maybe just a random bit of wind caught it. I might calibrate the gimbal too incase! thanks for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers