Camera and gimbal not working

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Pro
When i turn on the drone the gimbal never turns on and i have no video feed
The rest of the drone is working as normal
I have tried to unplug and replug the gimbal did not do any thing
Is there a way to check if the gimbal is getting power?

Edit: It has had a hard enough landing where the gimbal mounting plate broke and pulled the wires out off the 8 pin connector
i replaced the mounting plate and got a new connector and fixed the wire
Can the gimbal assembly be broken?

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot about this.
Ah then I would suspect the gimbal board is dead or there is no power getting to it.
If I remember correctly the Pro has a chip that can get hot, so much so that it has a fan for cooling. You'd need to check that as it's a long time since I looked at this stuff.
If you have access to another pro or an Adv I recollect that it is quite easy to swap the entire gimbal assemblies, I bought a gimbal-less Pro and am fairly sure I put an Adv gimbal on it without any problems. From memory the drone now thinks it is an Adv.

Edit just see your edit

Did the crash literally pull the wires out of the connector or did it disconnect the plug from its socket? Aren't there two plugs? If so did this happen with only one cable or both cables? Have you checked the other end of the affected cable/s?
If you did literally pull the wires out of the plug then my first though would be that the replaced wires are not making good contact and I'd be inclined to replace the relevant cable or at least check the plug terminals for continuity with a multimemter etc..

Last edited:
The crash pulled the wires out off the connector
I replaced the connector with a new one
I checked the connector terminals they are fine
Yes there are two plugs but the shorter one was undamaged from the crash

The fan is not spinning

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members