Blur/Focus problem in images? How to easily fix it on the P3 Advanced

so in what direction should I move it, since my soft spot is in the very center of the images/videos?

Excellent question.
Just yesterday was testing my spare drone - don't use it much and now I remember why. Images are not tack sharp. It appears that the corners are sharper than the whole center.
I'm hoping I can adjust the board without messing with the lens.
Setting up a test area in my yard seems best so I can get maybe 20-25' back would be the way to go. Even that seems a bit close.
Anyone know what the actual "infinity" distance for the P3 lens is?

First off check your ND filter. Is it the genuine DJI one? The glass in ND filters can have imperfections that will affect the sharpness and cause blur. Try capturing footage with the ND on and off, dont worry about shutter speeds etc, you just need to figure if it needs the focus adjustment or if its the ND glass causing it.
I have blurry photo, though pretty sharp video footage.
I use dji ND8 filter now, even before same blurry pics with P3A.
Blurry image P3P
In this thread you would see some picture.
Could you help us? Thanks in advance

Hello,
I got a phantom 3 4k last month and while trying the video and photo settings,i noticed a soft spot in the center of the image.

Center focus

Left side focus

Center focus

Left side focus

viewer.php

viewer.php

I'm considering trying to fix it myself,but since the soft spot is in the center of the image,i'm a bit confused on how to move board...
Maybe just slightly screwing or unscrewing the board would do the job?
Thanks for your advices.

Last edited:
Hello,
I got a phantom 3 4k last month and while trying the video and photo settings,i noticed a soft spot in the center of the image.

Center focus

Left side focus

Center focus

Left side focus

viewer.php

viewer.php

I'm considering trying to fix it myself,but since the soft spot is in the center of the image,i'm a bit confused on how to move board...
Maybe just slightly screwing or unscrewing the board would do the job?
Thanks for your advices.

This fix is more for focus issues around the edges of the image. Primarily because the focal plane is already set at the right distance, its just the focal point is off center. For center focus issues you could try adjusting all four screws in or out using the exact same amount on all four screws at the same time. This will move the focal plane closer or further away from the sensor. Bear in mind that its difficult to adjust the focal plane because if you slack the screws off on the board it can move around, really you can only tighten them to bring the sensor closer to the focal plane, however this might be the fix you need. I would suggest to fix the center focus you might need to adjust the focal point on the lens more than adjusting the sensor board.

I would also suggest using Loctite 248 Medium Strength stick on the four screws to hold them in place while you make adjustments. When you are finished it will hold the screw in its place, preventing loosening from vibration and you can adjust it again in the future if you need to.

Reactions: trclocker
hello guys one question need i a screw mod please can you guys check my pictures ?

Attachments

• DJI_0136-01-01.jpeg
    DJI_0136-01-01.jpeg
    8.7 MB · Views: 391
  • DJI_0017-01-01.jpeg
    DJI_0017-01-01.jpeg
    9.8 MB · Views: 374
They look a little blurry all over. you could try ether very slightly loosening the screws off, not even a quarter of a turn or very slightly tightening them up. This looks like it might be more of a focusing issue where you might need to adjust the actual lens.

i want not make the lens mod is to riscly for me .. but the mod with the screws can i make

You could try adjusting the screws. It might pull the focus back in. Yes do all four exactly the same. Try it all at your own risk though :)

Its up to you. If these are DNG RAW files and no adjustments have been made to the image then I would post process and add sharpness. If these are the JPG straight from the drone then i would say there is definitely a focus issue.

for your experience should i try all 4 or which should i try first? left up,down? or right up,down? and
should i try first loosening or tightrning the 4 scres in 1/4 steps ?

Ok, answer me these questions.
1. Are these images from the drone RAW or JPG?
2. Have you edited these photos in any way?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20