Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

I'm going with dual batteries soon and will have battery wings and need to move the 5.8 GHz dipoles somewhere else or come up with something different.
Venom Fly 25C 4S 2300mAh 15.2V LiHV LiPo Battery with UNI 2.0 Plug x2 Packs
You might look at these William. Only 4 inches long, they might fit without moving your 5.8 dipoles

You might look at these William. Only 4 inches long, they might fit without moving your 5.8 dipoles
Must have read my mind, those are the exact batteries I have on order for my next battery mod. Have two batteries, cables splitter on order. Now I just need to find some longer screws to install my battery wings.

Must have read my mind, those are the exact batteries I have on order for my next battery mod. Have two batteries, cables splitter on order. Now I just need to find some longer screws to install my battery wings.
Mine came this morning. I think they will fit. My wings haven't came yet. You get yours from Maxx?

Mine came this morning. I think they will fit. My wings haven't came yet. You get yours from Maxx?
Wings or batteries? But no to either.

Wings or batteries? But no to either.
Wings. Says no longer screws needed.. but review says not.. Where did you get your longer screws?
Batteries came from Venom Power. Great service but they are in the next state which is good as has to come ground.
Also had to order new bat charger cause apparently mine won't do LiHV.
So where do we quit spending $ on this hobby??

I don't own a set, but just by looking at them.... they would HAVE to need longer screws. You might get away with it, but would you really want them holding on by like only 2 threads? Also, any good hobby shop or good hardware stores would have the screws. And when I say a good hardware store, I mean NOT Home Depot. I mean the Mom and Pop ones where they have that one isle with 1,000,000 drawers full of screws/nuts/bolts. I'm lucky. I have 3 great hardware stores like that within 15 mins of here.

I don't own a set, but just by looking at them.... they would HAVE to need longer screws. You might get away with it, but would you really want them holding on by like only 2 threads? Also, any good hobby shop or good hardware stores would have the screws. And when I say a good hardware store, I mean NOT Home Depot. I mean the Mom and Pop ones where they have that one isle with 1,000,000 drawers full of screws/nuts/bolts. I'm lucky. I have 3 great hardware stores like that within 15 mins of here.
Yeah Matt I have one right down the street. Just hand them the item, tell them what length and back through the door they go. Come back with just what I need.. Would love to see what all is back there and how they find it so quick..

Reactions: Matts175
Would love to see what all is back there .

amazons-huge-warehouse.jpg

LOL

Wings. Says no longer screws needed.. but review says not.. Where did you get your longer screws?
Batteries came from Venom Power. Great service but they are in the next state which is good as has to come ground.
Also had to order new bat charger cause apparently mine won't do LiHV.
So where do we quit spending $ on this hobby??
Got my batteries from them too, they have a sale right now. The 2300 mAh for $19.99 and I think the 3400 mAh for $24.
Got my screws from Ace Hardware, "m3-50 pitch 10mm" all eight for $2.40

Last edited:
Got my batteries from them too, they have a sale right now. The 2300 mAh for $19.99 right now, and I think the 3400 mAh for $24. I think.
Got my screws from Ace Hardware, "m3-50 pitch 10mm" all eight for $2.40
Alright.. Thanks William..
Talk about reading minds..
fe859dbb53b4665701e7048090aa809d.jpg

Alright.. Thanks William..
Talk about reading minds..
fe859dbb53b4665701e7048090aa809d.jpg
I got my 3400 for under the belly, behind the gimbal and it worked just fine. Just a bit back heavy. Ordered the 2300's for the wings, better balance and a few more mAh (1200 more) net.
IMAG0330.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 329
Won't know for sure till I get them, but even at 4" that puts the 5.8 connection right next to the battery. Might not have the more to even bend the cable over. I don't want to open her up again, it was a pain in the butt. Don't know how these guys on YouTube make it look so easy, I had a hard time with it. Trying to think where else I can mount the 5.8 GHz connection if I need to.

Just set a new record with this mod today, 5245 meters (replacing the 2.4 dipoles with these). Now most know I have other mods as well, see below. One thing I'm putting out there with rearguards to which app to use. This run today was with Litchi, not the Go app. I'm having VERY bad results with Go ver 3.1.4, disconnections right and left, froze screen, lag, you name it. My old record was set using Go ver 3.1.3, so I'm downgrading back to that as we speak. Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Any chance of someone doing a video on installing the p3p antenna on to the p3s, would really like to give this ago but would like something to go by really

Reactions: cbrownknox
Any chance of someone doing a video on installing the p3p antenna on to the p3s, would really like to give this ago but would like something to go by really

It's 2 zip ties (each).... to the legs. And then doing what the video on the first page, post #7 shows. You should be able to make sense of it from that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94