Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

Yeah been over there this morning.. Long but hard to stop reading as really good info..
Come to find out Digdat0 flying spot is about 5 minutes from my house so now kinda looking to do some long distance flying. Thanks William..
Did you see this.

Attachments

• Battery Mod. for DJI P3 FAQ.pdf
    629.1 KB · Views: 1,849
Yeah got it downloaded and have studied it.
We're gonna have to stay with the single bat because of the dipoles right?
Well I did replace the 2.4 dipoles with the ones in the legs, but still have the 5.8 dipoles in use. So they would need to be bent out of the way, which might work out. I first need to get longer screws for the legs to install the battery wings. So we'll see.

OK so there appears to be 4 antennas in the kit. I'm guessing that 2 connect to the gimbal(which would connect to the square one in the bird from the factory) and the other two connect to the board inside the bird replacing the ones that run down the leg in the standard from the factory?

OK so there appears to be 4 antennas in the kit. I'm guessing that 2 connect to the gimbal(which would connect to the square one in the bird from the factory) and the other two connect to the board inside the bird replacing the ones that run down the leg in the standard from the factory?
No, because there all 2.4 GHz antennas in the kit, and the ones in the legs are 5.8 GHz antenna.

OK so how do you mod the standard with the pro antennas? Do you leave the existing antennas and put the pro ones over them? And do the pro antennas plug into the gimbal replacing the square one in the aircraft? Sorry I'm new to this..

I love my homemade dipoles, but I always have to tinker. I put antennas from a Professional/Advanced on to my Standard. It is VERY cold and windy out today.... so I only took it to 4000 feet and back. Then hovered overhead and took some great sunset pics. Video signal was excellent. I'll get a true distance test when it warms up a bit. This was more of a let's see if it even works test. Also, I left my other mod (dipoles) in place for now, just not hooked up. I don't want to undo all of that and then have to put it back.

I did them opposite the 5.8ghz...

Front/Left

View attachment 77613

And Right/Rear

View attachment 77614

Yes, I'll grab some white zip ties, so that it blends in a little more. LOL[/QU
OK so to do this so the pro antennas plug into the gimbal?? And I'm guessing the other antennas that are in the legs stay in place?

OK so how do you mod the standard with the pro antennas? Do you leave the existing antennas and put the pro ones over them? And do the pro antennas plug into the gimbal replacing the square one in the aircraft? Sorry I'm new to this..

Everything has been explained in the first post and throughout the thread as far as how to install. No, they do not go over the other antennas, that's been pointed out in the first post as well. Yes, these replace the square ones inside the bird.

Everything has been explained in the first post and throughout the thread as far as how to install. No, they do not go over the other antennas, that's been pointed out in the first post as well. Yes, these replace the square ones inside the bird.

Sounds like matts175 has lost his patience! When you're a subject of so many popular threads you got to have patience with those who have just joined in and may have not done their homework[emoji41]

Reactions: Metalriot
d02f4fa409192ad26885d9e15953ac99.jpg
ae228d9a3cbb087181a8d85db0f6f591.jpg

Do you think it'll fly?
I'm ready to give the standard a try using the P3 a/p RC antennas for the 2.4!Wi-Fi signal on the P3S. I tried to rebuild my gimbal,but out of three different main boards I have I could only get this gimbal-less configuration to work, so with all that extra real estate underneath I'm going to give the MultiStar 10.0 external a try. That's a lot of weight for the standard, especially its first trip out after it's fatal crash coming back from 49,000 feet seven months ago! Maybe we'll call this antenna mod 10.0

Reactions: Matts175
d02f4fa409192ad26885d9e15953ac99.jpg
ae228d9a3cbb087181a8d85db0f6f591.jpg

Do you think it'll fly?
I'm ready to give the standard a try using the P3 a/p RC antennas for the 2.4!Wi-Fi signal on the P3S. I tried to rebuild my gimbal,but out of three different main boards I have I could only get this gimbal-less configuration to work, so with all that extra real estate underneath I'm going to give the MultiStar 10.0 external a try. That's a lot of weight for the standard, especially its first trip out after it's fatal crash coming back from 49,000 feet seven months ago! Maybe we'll call this antenna mod 10.0
The camera works without the gimbal board?

Sounds like matts175 has lost his patience! When you're a subject of so many popular threads you got to have patience with those who have just joined in and may have not done their homework[emoji41]

No, it's just that throughout this thread... it is made clear that you are only using 2 of these. I even posted pictures and said exactly which legs they go on. A quick look at ones bird would have revealed that they don't get installed over or in place of the 5.8ghz antennas. It's also mentioned a couple of times that these are to replace the internal ceramics. And at not one point does it mention opening up the bird. And with the videos posted, it's pretty much made clear that they plug into the gimbal. I have provided all of the information. All it would take is for someone to actually read the thread to understand what is going on here. Looking at the pictures and then skipping to the end of the thread is not "doing your homework". Sorry if I come off as a ****.... but it's tough love.

Nice run William!!

For the holes in the legs, buy this: Everbilt 1/4 in. Nylon Locking Hole Plug (2-Piece per Pack)-808058 - The Home Depot

They pop right in tight and then you can barely tell that they are there. The white matches perfectly. I did it to my standard.
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a set today at my local Home Depot, they fit perfect. The link was a big help, without the SKU number never would have found them. Might be a good way to repair that cracked leg by gluing the plug in place, that's right where it has the crack.

Well got a chance to try out the P3A remote antennas used as Wi-Fi antennas for the P3S. It definitely works. This was paired with the terminator 14 DB panels boosted. I was using 15 turn helical for control on the RC also boosted, with one immersion mushroom and (1) 5.8 stock antenna. The first flight and I was careful and only took it to 40,000, great signal, came back and landed with 40% using the multi start 10.0 for external battery.
3c277eb80265db8a819c73f045b3ad7d.jpg
ea3ea69083dc06878c71a083b95443e6.jpg

Second flight, wind was a little more in my favor so I pushed it. Went out 50,000 with same set up, turned around with battery to spare, a great signal all around. When I only had 4 miles or less to make it home, I got a motor speed error and the aircraft veered off course. I stopped and tried to straighten it out, but it was uncontrollable. The 10.0 battery was just too much weight. I had to go retrieve that one. It'll live to fly another day. But ****, 50,000 with the standard. You gotta love that[emoji41]
9a31f9679805e33cc9354734fadbcbc4.jpg
7cd639101b30890273baf7597f4c7626.jpg
32dc38977a0a4f57a3364292fa017b6a.jpg

Second flight, wind was a little more in my favor so I pushed it. Went out 50,000 with same set up, turned around with battery to spare, a great signal all around. When I only had 4 miles or less to make it home, I got a motor speed error and the aircraft veered off course. I stopped and tried to straighten it out, but it was uncontrollable. The 10.0 battery was just too much weight. I had to go retrieve that one. It'll live to fly another day. But ****, 50,000 with the standard. You gotta love that[emoji41]
9a31f9679805e33cc9354734fadbcbc4.jpg
7cd639101b30890273baf7597f4c7626.jpg
32dc38977a0a4f57a3364292fa017b6a.jpg
nice flight was that the horse track it was flying by . and I know them quarries too.

Reactions: Ed209
nice flight was that the horse track it was flying by . and I know them quarries too.

Yes sir! I've destroyed a bird in that parking lot too! This one will fly another day though, but maybe only one more day [emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl