Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

Yes I see the pics, now all I have to do is try and get the parts as I'm in the uk, found them on eBay but coming from the u.s and quite expensive

Hi Matt I have found the antenna now, but they come in a pack of 4, but it seems you only used 2 is this correct ?

Hi Matt I have found the antenna now, but they come in a pack of 4, but it seems you only used 2 is this correct ?

Yes. I used the 2 short wire ones. Another guy said he used 1 short wire, 1 long wire. I guess it all depends on how you run the wires. Up to you. All 4 antennas are exactly the same, other than wire length. I even ripped one apart to see what made it tick.

Nice one and it definitely improved your range, at the moment I have a argtek installed on the rc with Alfa panels instead of the ones that came with the argtek kit

Reactions: Matts175
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a set today at my local Home Depot, they fit perfect. The link was a big help, without the SKU number never would have found them. Might be a good way to repair that cracked leg by gluing the plug in place, that's right where it has the crack.
What department were they in? Sku won't work at my home depot..

What department were they in? Sku won't work at my home depot..
If you're in the US there is no reason why the SKU number would not work. Now it's the store SKU number you need not the online one. The first customer service person found it on the computer system, then went to the aisle gave the SKU number to the representative of hardware and he pointed right in the direction of the drawers that Matt just spoke of.

Just installed my new battery mod, but had to remove the dipoles. Anyone have any suggestions on where and how to reinstall them? Need to find a place to mount the two 5.8 connections.
1491000607030.jpg
1491000615983.jpg
1491000632892.jpg

I don't remember, I tried so many, LOL. It worked well enough to get me to my lake though... 3000 feet away.

The factory antenna is only 2.5 dbi, so these will be an increase for sure.

Check this out..... EVERYTHING you are going to need for under $10.00.

3pcs 6dBi RP-SMA Dual Band Antenna+3x 12'' U.fl Cables For Bulkhead Pigtail PCI | eBay

Is there a tutorial on how to install the 3 pcs antenna kit to the controller (eBay link) ? So I would need 3 pcs antenna kit for controller and the P3P antenna set part 3 for the bird? This will increase range for controller and wifi?

Reactions: Squirrel!
View attachment 79599
Maybe something like this?
Something like that might just work, thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a trip to Lowe's later and see if they have a strip of plastic that I could attach to the legs like this. It would need to be below where the battery is though, so to give room for the cable to run.

Attachments

• IMAG0336.jpg
    IMAG0336.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 528
  • IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 516
  • IMAG0334.jpg
    IMAG0334.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 473
Is there a tutorial on how to install the 3 pcs antenna kit to the controller (eBay link) ? So I would need 3 pcs antenna kit for controller and the P3P antenna set part 3 for the bird? This will increase range for controller and wifi?

Reactions: Squirrel!
Great mod here "Matts175". Over 7000 meters (23,241 feet) to be exact, and had good FPV video and full telemetry the whole way out and back in a STANDARD. Using Litchi in manual mode, not a waypoint mission. Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Reactions: phxbird57 and 805hd

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews