Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

Reaction score

I've had some amazing results on the P3A trying these P3A RC antennas on the legs for signal. You can check it out over here Birdside Antenna Mod
Birdside Antenna Mod
I'm done with those tests and they was very successful with UNBOOSTED RC antennas. Anyways, I'll be testing these with the P3S next as the camera/wi-fi antennas and I can imagine they'll be a considerable upgrade from the P3A leg antennas(2.0)you've been experimenting with on this thread. You guys should give them a try or at least follow along.

Reaction score

I've had some amazing results on the P3A trying these P3A RC antennas on the legs for signal. You can check it out over here Birdside Antenna Mod
Birdside Antenna Mod
I'm done with those tests and they was very successful with UNBOOSTED RC antennas. Anyways, I'll be testing these with the P3S next as the camera/wi-fi antennas and I can imagine they'll be a considerable upgrade from the P3A leg antennas(2.0)you've been experimenting with on this thread. You guys should give them a try or at least follow along.
Please let us know how your ps3 tests go :) im currently playing with generic 6dbi onmis

Reaction score
I wonder if my radio shop guy could put on a coax connector? Connect and disconnect when needed to try new mods! I doubt if his old eyes could. I know mine can't! : {

Reaction score
I wonder if my radio shop guy could put on a coax connector? Connect and disconnect when needed to try new mods! I doubt if his old eyes could. I know mine can't! : {
1489884741633.jpg

This is what I have for the 2.4 side but waiting for some ideas on the 5.8.

Reaction score
So I just need to remove the UFL Connectors on the gimbal and install the new antenna UFL Connectors? No need to open the AC up to run them? Just route them along the bottom side of the AC to the legs and mount them and I'm done?
Excuse my ignorence, but is there a tutorial that shows how this is done? I cannot see any exposed u.FL connectors

Reaction score
Earlier in this thread there is a tutorial on disassembling the gimbal.

Reaction score

They fit perfectly. Also I think the compass that comes with the P3P landing gear will work. But I used the one that was on my bird. Had to strip back the white thick insulation so it can hide the wires behind the new antenna. Haven't flown it yet. Will tomorrow after work.

Reaction score
Ok.... made a quick flight when I got home. Nothing long like 2900 feet out and around and 270 feet up. Both video and RC stayed at 100%. I also noticed that I didn't have to point my DBS directly at the AC to keep a 100% Signal.

I like it!! Clean install!

Reaction score
Yes.

Only Matt has shown the difference in distance though. The P3P is a cleaner install.

Reaction score
Yes.

Only Matt has shown the difference in distance though. The P3P is a cleaner install.
Thanks Bryan, running MAXX dipoles now but looking at this mod as like you say cleaner and would be able to mount batteries on side.
1490146820702.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zelk12