Battery error!

Reaction score
Took battery from charger on Phantom 4 and placed it in phantom. It immediately powered up by itself with gimbal guard still on!!!!

I fought hard to power it down but it took me a few seconds. What in the world! Could this have caused damage? It was 8 to 10 seconds max.

You probably turned it on without realizing it.
If the gimbal works, it's not damaged.
Have you tried it yet ?

I wouldn't call this a battery error.

I understand what you are saying, but I am positive I didn't turn it on. 110%. It works fine, I was worried about damage that may be minor but not show up for awhile.

This would not cause any damage, it would be the same as if you powered the aircraft using the battery in a normal way, if something is damaged, and this really happened the way you are saying, its the battery, and go get a replacement if it does it again...

So.. No chance having the gimbal cover on could have caused any gimbal motor damage in the 10 seconds the gimbal was restricted?

I have forgotten to take off the gimbal lock on both my P3 and P4 a few times with no apparent effects or damages.

A few others have reported doing full flights with forgetting to remove the gimbal cover and having no damage done. If it's working now you should be golden.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl