Phantom 4 Motor is Blocked, Speed Error and crash

Reaction score
Hello people! My Phantom 4 had a heart attack mid air. I was flying above trees in a forest casually, returning home (manually), then all of the sudden my drone started spinning counter-clockwise really fast and started falling. I saw a lot of quick errors popping up for a few seconds before the drone crashed in a tree and got destroyed.
I checked the log files and found out that for a milisecond a "Motor is Blocked" error popped up, then, a few seconds later, a spam of Speed Error. While spinning to death, the drone consumed 2% power really quickly.
I initially thought I hit a bird, but no blood was seen. However, 2 of my propellers were half broken. One half of a propeller was next to the drone, the other half I didn't find.
The LogView:
Maybe you guys can help me figure out what just happend.
A youtube video of what I saw in my Flight Record:

Without seeing the logs, it appears it hit something or a prop broke. The other broke during decent, again hitting something. Wish you had the camera view. Hopefully the logs reveal the true cause.

Welcome to the forum!
Not a good start for your first post. :rolleyes: :)
The log file works.

Somebody will help you out. I just haven't mastered it yet.
A lot of stuff going on WOW.

Rod ..

4,600 ft from your home point, you did find it and it is destroyed?

Rod ..

4,600 ft from your home point, you did find it and it is destroyed?

Rod ..
Yes. Found it in one hour of walking through a forest, the GPS location led me to the battery (which is destoryed, but still turns on), 50 feet from the battery I found the drone and 1 feet from the drone was half a propeller and the camera.

Reactions: RodPad
Update: Managed to start the drone after fixing the battery case. Only one motor seems to spin when the drone gets powered up and it's got the following errors:
Camera status error
ESC status error. Turn off aircraft and restart. Contact DJI support if this continues after restarting.

Yes. Found it in one hour of walking through a forest, the GPS location led me to the battery (which is destoryed, but still turns on), 50 feet from the battery I found the drone and 1 feet from the drone was half a propeller and the camera.
The first indication of a problem is at 9:17.2 when the Phantom starts to slowly spin anticlockwise despite the rudder input which should have had the drone rotating clockwise.
Although the right stick is pushed fully forward, the speed of the Phantom slows.
At 9:18.0 the Motor is blocked message appears.
Even with the right stick fully forward, the drone's pitch angle drops from approx 35° to near 0° and the speed drops.
At 9:19.1 the Phantom starts spin anticlockwise and lose altitude and a second later it loses stability and is rocking and rolling as the spin increases speed.
The speed error messages show after 9:21.3, but these are a symptom of the incident, not indicating the cause.

The cause is due to the loss of thrust from one motor.
The motor is blocked message indicates that it wasn't due to losing a prop.
It might have been due to a problem with the motor or the ESC which controls the motor.

The first indication of a problem is at 9:17.2 when the Phantom starts to slowly spin anticlockwise despite the rudder input which should have had the drone rotating clockwise.
Although the right stick is pushed fully forward, the speed of the Phantom slows.
At 9:18.0 the Motor is blocked message appears.
Even with the right stick fully forward, the drone's pitch angle drops from approx 35° to near 0° and the speed drops.
At 9:19.1 the Phantom starts spin anticlockwise and lose altitude and a second later it loses stability and is rocking and rolling as the spin increases speed.
The speed error messages show after 9:21.3, but these are a symptom of the incident, not indicating the cause.

The cause is due to the loss of thrust from one motor.
The motor is blocked message indicates that it wasn't due to losing a prop.
It might have been due to a problem with the motor or the ESC which controls the motor.
I've managed to get the drone started. 2 esc errors. I noticed that only 3 motors are doing the little movement when the drone is started. The motor in which side the drone inclined to doesn't move. Also 2 motors are barely moving, but I think it is due to the crash.

Hello. I took the drone apart and found one ESC cable that wasn't in place. Started the drone and it works. All 4 motors spin perfectly. However, the right front motor seems to be way hotter than the others.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl