Phantom 4 Pro Problem

Reaction score
Recently my Phantom 4 Pro started switching to ATTI mode when I try to fly it. I have read that the condition can be caused by loss of connection to satellites, magnetic interference and compass problems. I have tried to download the flight logs and convert them to CSV files. I was successful with the drone DAT file but the controller (ipad) DAT file does not convert correctly, it gives me a header error.

Here are the files I am working with...
DJI

In the last two days I have spend 8-10 hours searching/reading threads and I still don't understand what is going on and what I need to do to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards, Tom

Reactions: RodPad
Follow @Meta4 request!
I doubt he can't answer your question, Really!!

If you need help, just ask questions! There are many members that will jump in really fast!. :) 👌

Rod ..

Reactions: Droneted
OK...I got the txt file and looked through it and can see where it switches to ATTI mode but I don't understand why or better said is I don't understand the error that makes it switch. Google is my friend ...but for now I will show a pic of the data....

Attachments

• Flight Data ATTI Mode.JPG
    Flight Data ATTI Mode.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 50
OK...I got the txt file and looked through it and can see where it switches to ATTI mode but I don't understand why or better said is I don't understand the error that makes it switch. Google is my friend ...but for now I will show a pic of the data....

The error message says there's a GPS data error.
The flight controller is rejecting the GPS data.
It might be that there's a problem with the hardware?
If you post a link to the Phantomhelp report it will allow digging a little deeper into the data than a picture of a tiny part does.

Reactions: Droneted and RodPad
The error message says there's a GPS data error.
The flight controller is rejecting the GPS data.
It might be that there's a problem with the hardware?
If you post a link to the Phantomhelp report it will allow digging a little deeper into the data than a picture of a tiny part does.
Can you elaborate more about the Phantomhelp.......Is that a different forum or a section of this forum?

Phantom help is @msinger creation, I have always been impressed.

Try this it doesn't matter if it is a Mavic or not..

Let us know 👌

Rod ..

Last edited:
Recently my Phantom 4 Pro started switching to ATTI mode when I try to fly it. I have read that the condition can be caused by loss of connection to satellites, magnetic interference and compass problems. I have tried to download the flight logs and convert them to CSV files. I was successful with the drone DAT file but the controller (ipad) DAT file does not convert correctly, it gives me a header error.

Here are the files I am working with...
DJI

In the last two days I have spend 8-10 hours searching/reading threads and I still don't understand what is going on and what I need to do to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards, Tom
There is a field, SMC, in the GPS monitor record. Usually it's value is close to 80.0. But, in this .DAT the value exceeds 180 which then coincides with the switch to ATTI.

1701535939382.png

When SMC (top red curve) departs from 80 the satellite count (bottom blue curve) drops to 0 and the FC's confidence in the location solution (bottom green curve) drops to 0. Shortly thereafter the switch to ATTI occurs (bottom pink background). Don't know what SMC is but almost certainly a HW error is occurring as suggested by @Meta4

There is a field, SMC, in the GPS monitor record. Usually it's value is close to 80.0. But, in this .DAT the value exceeds 180 which then coincides with the switch to ATTI.

View attachment 125624

When SMC (top red curve) departs from 80 the satellite count (bottom blue curve) drops to 0 and the FC's confidence in the location solution (bottom green curve) drops to 0. Shortly thereafter the switch to ATTI occurs (bottom pink background). Don't know what SMC is but almost certainly a HW error is occurring as suggested by @Meta4
Thank you for your analyses and comments. I hope someone else can elaborate more. I need to understand which part of the hardware has malfunctioned and if I can replace it. I may just have to put it on ebay as a parts drone.

Thank you for your analyses and comments. I hope someone else can elaborate more. I need to understand which part of the hardware has malfunctioned and if I can replace it. I may just have to put it on ebay as a parts drone.
You might want to open it up and check the connections to the GPS receiver. After that try replacing the GPS receiver. Here is a YouTube

Looks a bit tricky to my 75 yo eyes and fingers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl