App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

If you have the original (i.e., unmodified) file from your SD card, then you may be able to repair it using our (free) "djifix" software: Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files
Thank you. My micro SD card was accidentally formatted using the DJI Go App, the files were recovered using Recuva, Recuva reported the file states to be "excellent", even though the data was recovered, they won't play in VLC.
I only tried to Repair a few of those recovered files, so most of them are still in the state Recuva recovered them in.
I tried this DJI Fix app before my original post here, but unfortunately didn't fix it for me.

You been Lurking here for 6 months, and you just made your first post. ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Wow you have a tough one,

I only got one question,
The files you have recovered, did you keep them untouched when you tried to use the other file fixes?

I would go ahead load a couple of files good and bad to a google drive, share the link here, or send Luis a PM with the link, that when he has time, he can look at them instead of waiting for your links.

That's is far as I can go with help. :)

Rod
Sorry I'm a noob, how do I private message someone? :)

The little envelope by your name and search top right, sending one now.

Rod

Added: This would be the way to send a link, google drive, and the whole world wouldn't see it, etc.

Reactions: watermancpt
OK, you will up to speed on this forum, in no time. :eek:

Rod

Reactions: watermancpt
@watermancpt
Kind of quiet on this thread, anything new or not new?

Rod

I have 8 videos out of 20 I shot over the weekend with my DJI P4P that ended up corrupted. I can't bring them into Adobe Premiere Pro because of this. However, they seem to all play just fine in Movies & TV and VLC Media Player. What gives?

I tried bringing them into your FixDJI.exe and running it but it always failed at stage three. I tried closing and reopening the program and then running the fixed.h264 file and hitting transcode, as was suggested in a previous post, only to receive the same result. Can you please tell me what is going on here?

At least you can play them!
The only other thought I have at the moment.
Because I'm cheep and I use the free Vimeo account 500 meg week uploads, (not doing anything professional)

Is this program I use,
Free Video Compressor

My thought is leave at 100% resolution but cut up your video in smaller sections, like 4 secs from the front or back, or a chunk out of the middle, see if that program works and Adobe can then use it.

Also, you could try two movies that are good, and see if Luis's program errors or not.

All I think of right now.

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Hi folks, I am back!!
please send me the google drive links to see if I could be of any help!!

@Paladin49
Welcome to the forum!

Luis J. Get busy at times, and places with no internet, looks like he was last online Monday.

Yes, very odd, all 20 videos shot at the same settings?

To make sure did you get his fix file from post #89?
App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Rod
I did download that file and it is the one that was giving me problems. I am not sure what is going on or how they became corrupted and they were random. Clips 3, 12, 14 - 17, 19 & 20 are the ones that are corrupted. The rest of the clips seem to work just fine and definitely import into adobe premiere with no problems as of yet. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro+. All videos were shot with the same settings. I tried to put the SD Card into the controller and play all of the videos from there, which they all do just fine, to see if maybe that would help with any coding problems or something but no such luck. Played them all just fine on the remote with the screen and seem to all work fine on the computer but those eight clips will not import into adobe premiere. I just get a message saying unsupported format or damaged file.

At least you can play them!
The only other thought I have at the moment.
Because I'm cheep and I use the free Vimeo account 500 meg week uploads, (not doing anything professional)

Is this program I use,
Free Video Compressor

My thought is leave at 100% resolution but cut up your video in smaller sections, like 4 secs from the front or back, or a chunk out of the middle, see if that program works and Adobe can then use it.

Also, you could try two movies that are good, and see if Luis's program errors or not.

All I think of right now.

Rod
I tried using two movies that were good and the progam still errored at Phase 3. I tried the video compressor but it gave me an error that it failed to convert video data. I tried it for one of the good clips too with the same result. My clips are in 4K, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Let me give them a try later on today!

Although from what I see all of them are in a good shape! all of them can be played with the google platform!!
which file are you having problem with? It seems like your computer does not have the correct codecs installed, or does not have enough power to play them (if they are 4k, pc needs a lot of gpu (Graphic Processing Unit) power!!

please let me know
let me download them and see what i can do!!!!

This must be a reply to PM from @Paladin49 ?

Rod

If so or not did @watermancpt , send you a link of his files?

Anyways, I used you program to fix a second crash in February, at this point, still not wanting to share.

Impressed with your dedication!

Rod

Yes indeed! @Paladin49, I should have replied his private message instead, so sorry!!!
So sorry?, Your thread of success is your own advertising!

Yep, still owe you a couple $ ;)

Rod

Let me give them a try later on today!

Although from what I see all of them are in a good shape! all of them can be played with the google platform!!
which file are you having problem with? It seems like your computer does not have the correct codecs installed, or does not have enough power to play them (if they are 4k, pc needs a lot of gpu (Graphic Processing Unit) power!!

please let me know
let me download them and see what i can do!!!!

Thank you Luis. I am having problems with each of those videos with the exception of DJI_0001. All of the other files on my computer play just fine. All of them are in 4K and the rest of them, including DJI_0001 import into Adobe Premiere just fine but the ones I gave you, except DJI_0001, will not import. I just get an error from Adobe saying that the files are in an unsupported format or damaged files. They all play just fine on the computer, just can't get them into Adobe Premiere.

I was flying at the US westcoast, one of my SD cards completely lost its data. I was so upset, however it was possibly to restore the data but the files are corrupt. I have used Fix-DJI but I never get more than a *.h264 file, which I can play only in VLC player. I would like to edit my mov-files in FCPX, did someone get a mov file back after reconstruction?

thanks
Hans

I never get more than a *.h264 file, which I can play only in VLC player.

If you're familiar with "ffmpeg" (and the Unix command line), then the following command line will probably work to convert a ".h264" file into a ".mp4" file that can be played by any media player:

ffmpeg -i DJI_XYZW-repaired.h264 -c copy DJI_XYZW-repaired.mp4

(Of course, replace "DJI_XYZW" with the actual name of your ".h264" file.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.