App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Evening all, sat here quite frustrated. I'll tell you a little story (secretly hoping no-one has had the same misfortune).

Went out, flew, did some recordings (remembered to turn off the video before powering off P2V), reviewed the footage on my phone, all good, flew again, and again and again etc... got home to look at the footage I had taken, but on a computer I was met with "this file cannot be played" on any of my video players (including VLC). 2 out of the 26 files work, the rest don’t. Had a go at using Stellar Phoenix Video Repair - no luck, Grau GmbH had some luck but each different file it managed to repair was exactly the same as the last?! Had a go with mp4repair.org and it also showed me the same clip for each file. Also tried the DJI Fixer 4.1.0.0 (from the Zip file) and that too produces the same clip for any of the damaged files.

The file sizes for each of the damaged files are all different and the files all played at one point from the drone to phone through WIFI extender. I even tried the old, put card in the drone and turn on to finalize the files, but still no luck. I can’t even watch the footage from the drone through to my phone now. Went for another flight, recorded footage, previewed on phone and also works on the computer (no change to drone, camera or memory card settings etc).

Has anyone had similar "fun" with damaged footage and if so, any steps to recovery?!

Maybe we can help if you still have the original recorded video file on your SD card. Try to put it on a Dropbox so we can download it. Let's see!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

With out running his program, the good one plays, the other two not.
This is what pot player tells me.

screenvidfix.JPG

It appears this is the same problem as this recent post.
App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

I will test his program a little later.

Rod

Hi Rod

Yep, tried the app at the start of this thread, it produces a video from each of the files, but they are all the same but just different lengths.

This is my google drive of a good and a bad file. unfortunately, I'm at work now and cant add any more bad ones to the pile. I will add a few more later if there is a demand

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4hqyZNzUM_-ejBRcFc3cGFqZTg

Cheers :)
Your video DJI00306.MP4 can be totally recovered with the latest version of my DJIFIX (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B16Lg4qPaINYOGtfbElBXzh4Mk0)

the other one (DJI00309.MP4) its just 2mgs of empty space so there is nothing to recover there!!

Great, I had to leave, and I couldn't find your last version on my computer, I think I may have tested on a different WIN 7 last time.

When I know I downloaded it and can't find it, I have to figure that out first, just how my mind works.

Sorry for posting the wrong answer, on a product that isn't even mine, I won't do that again, mistakes you make when you get in a hurry.

Rod

Reactions: Luis J.
Great, I had to leave, and I couldn't find your last version on my computer, I think I may have tested on a different WIN 7 last time.

When I know I downloaded it and can't find it, I have to figure that out first, just how my mind works.

Sorry for posting the wrong answer, on a product that isn't even mine, I won't do that again, mistakes you make when you get in a hurry.

Rod
No problem,
you tried to help!! as always
thats what counts!

Reactions: RodPad
No problem,
you tried to help!! as always
thats what counts!

Thanks, I finally found it, it was in June, anyways, I must have unzipped ran it, then deleted that folder, because I was testing it for somebody else.

dir c:\ /s /b | find /i "fix-dji"
The good old days ;)

Rod

Got the new, now I'm up to date.

Hello guys!
I am trying to recover one of my videos, it has 2,1 GB. So i have used an app from this thread but the phase 3 is always failed no matter which option I choose. I have the repaired file and I can only open it in VLC player, is there any solution to convert it to MP4 or MOV file? Many thanks in advance!

Hello guys!
I am trying to recover one of my videos, it has 2,1 GB. So i have used an app from this thread but the phase 3 is always failed no matter which option I choose. I have the repaired file and I can only open it in VLC player, is there any solution to convert it to MP4 or MOV file? Many thanks in advance!

1. Confirm that you are using http://bit.do/fixdji please download again if you have not done so in the previous days.
2. Run the app using a good playable file and your damaged video file. if it fail again at phase 3 do step 3
3. end the app and run it again then from the button labeled "Video to fix or h264" locate the produced file named: Fixed.h264 (its in the same application folder" and this time run the app without any good file pressing this time the button "Transcode Video". This should transcode a video to MOV or mp4 deppending on your choice.

4. If it fails, please put your file in a dropbox or google drive and let me see if I can recover that for you!!

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have tired all the methods listed above, no success. I will upload the file tomorrow, many thanks for your help!

@flyinmonkey,
I ran his program on your file it worked for me. So you know I'm not making it this up.
The phantom has propellers when used correctly you don't have to hold it in your hand, unless your trying save battery power. :rolleyes:

Hope you get your files back and figure out what happen. For sure, I would reformat the card with the app and give it few test before you have to count on it.

Let us all know.

Rod

@flyinmonkey,
I ran his program on your file it worked for me. So you know I'm not making it this up.
The phantom has propellers when used correctly you don't have to hold it in your hand, unless your trying save battery power. :rolleyes:

Hope you get your files back and figure out what happen. For sure, I would reformat the card with the app and give it few test before you have to count on it.

Let us all know.

Rod
Hi Rod

Various CAA rules and regs don't permit flying that close to people out of my control, hence the hand held approach on some videos...

I had another go with the DJIFIX software, and as expected and seen before, it does fix the file. however; the same footage is provided (one rider followed by 2 more etc) on all the other damaged files when they are 'fixed'. I know for a fact that each of those files should be completely different from each other. I have uploaded more damaged files to my google drive, if you wished to have a look, https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4hqyZNzUM_-ejBRcFc3cGFqZTg

thanks again,

Sad Monkey :(

Hi Rod

Various CAA rules and regs don't permit flying that close to people out of my control, hence the hand held approach on some videos...

I had another go with the DJIFIX software, and as expected and seen before, it does fix the file. however; the same footage is provided (one rider followed by 2 more etc) on all the other damaged files when they are 'fixed'. I know for a fact that each of those files should be completely different from each other. I have uploaded more damaged files to my google drive, if you wished to have a look, https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4hqyZNzUM_-ejBRcFc3cGFqZTg

thanks again,

Sad Monkey :(
So, you have seen his program work on some of your files?
I was assuming the first two files that was on the google drive were files that you couldn't fix.
I have not been back to your G~Drive yet.

Rod

So, you have seen his program work on some of your files?
I was assuming the first two files that was on the google drive were files that you couldn't fix.
I have not been back to your G~Drive yet.

Rod
It's hard to explain. there are multiple files that do not play, each of the files contain a different piece of footage. when I run the program on each of the files, it will create a file for each that will play. however the scene and action (one rider followed by 2 other riders) contained within the "fixed" footage is the same for every file, regardless of file size and length.

Even more bizarre, is that the footage that is presented back as being "fixed", actually originates from a file that was never damaged in the first place!

It's hard to explain. there are multiple files that do not play, each of the files contain a different piece of footage. when I run the program on each of the files, it will create a file for each that will play. however the scene and action (one rider followed by 2 other riders) contained within the "fixed" footage is the same for every file, regardless of file size and length.

Even more bizarre, is that the footage that is presented back as being "fixed", actually originates from a file that was never damaged in the first place!
Indeed.. this case is very weird!

I've downloaded all your files and all it can recover is aprox 4mb=21 secs worth of video for each file, all of them the same footage. I can not think of any possible reason to explain that. although I could notice all of the files have a lot of empty space (00 content) at the beginning of each files (that could explain the size of each files) but since they are named differently why all of them have the same content? I dont know.

Did you try any method directly on the MicroSD card? do you have the microSD intact? as originally came out of you Phantom?

with the exception of DJI00305.mp4 which barely have 12 secs of video, all of the other have the same 4 to 17 secs of the same sequence of bikers

I dont have any idea!!! sorry

Last edited:
It is a strange one isn't it! the more bizarre part if the story is that I reviewed each video immediately after shooting it through WiFi link back to my phone. so they did all work at some point!

I do still have the card with original files on it. I'll have a go using your app on it, bit I'm beginning to acept the loss of files :/ for interest sake, I'll update you in due course with any progress I make. thank you for taking the time to have a look, I do appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj