App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Hi,
Thanks for your very fast answer.
Okay, that worked, so now phase 2 100% completed and then phase 3 failed, try again.
Am I still doing anything wrong?
At this point you should have file with the extension .H264 pls try to see if you can play that file with vlc player google it its free, (first check if it size is >128kb) in that case there is not enough information to save in a file.

Last edited:
Yep, already had that installed and tried it, size on disk is 1kb, so to little?
Strange because it was a rather long movie filmed in 2.7K but the card was lost and I had the file on my Phone and there it is 1280x720.
The size of the Original file when I haven't used your program is 342mb so big enough, right?

Yep, already had that installed and tried it, size on disk is 1kb, so to little?
Strange because it was a rather long movie filmed in 2.7K but the card was lost and I had the file on my Phone and there it is 1280x720.
The size of the Original file when I haven't used your program is 342mb so big enough, right?
342mB is big enough the thing is those 342 mb have to be worth of information not garbage (meaning not too much of 00 00 00 00 or 11 11 11 11 ) which cause to occupy space but not useful data. Check and look the original file with an hex-viewer and see whats your case! The last resort I can offer is put your original file in a google drive and share it with me so I can take a look at it.

Hello,

Sorry I'm new and just happened to stumble on to this thread while on my quest to salvage some footage. I've been able to use the app successfully on a couple of videos however I've run into a snag on others. When I run those files through, I get passed phase 2 and it just fails at phase 3. The files are all from the same night and have been transferred to a folder on my desktop and the app was unzipped into that folder as well. One thing I did notice in the console results box, that seemed to happen on all the vids that failed, was this appeared "Fixed.h264: Unknown format". Is there any suggestion to help?

Also, awesome job on the app. I was even able to use it on non phantom videos that I had sitting around

Can anybody help I have tried this every way I have 6 files that got corrupted out of 20, they just stopped recording mid flight the rest are fine, I received the streaming version.
Could anybody look at them it fails in phase three.

FFmpeg version SVN-r18639, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --enable-postproc --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --disable-ffserver --enable-avisynth --enable-pthreads
libavutil 50. 3. 0 / 50. 3. 0
libavcodec 52.27. 0 / 52.27. 0
libavformat 52.32. 0 / 52.32. 0
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
built on Apr 21 2009 13:44:38, gcc: 4.2.4 (TDM-1 for MinGW)
Fixed.h264: Unknown format
Process Failed, Try again!!

I just registered specially for say BIG THANK YOU BRO, YOUR PROGRAM IS THE BEST, YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!
I had yesterday VERY IMPORTANT video broken, fullhd30fps, file size 2.59GB. Nothing helped, spent 2 nights trying different software found on the net, and only your program repaired this file easily, from first attempt, no problems at all.
THANK YOU SO MUCH, WE LOVE YOU!
Happy NEW YEAR 2018!
Greetings from ESTONIA!

Reactions: RodPad
upload_2018-1-1_14-20-19.png

Hello guys
I have this problem.
Can someone help me?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-01-14 12.20.49.png
    Screenshot 2018-01-14 12.20.49.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 604
@wsz

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not the guy @Luis J.

But if you upload the good one and the bad one to a onedrive, dropbox, gdrive, I will see what happens on my work computer tomorrow..

Rod

I had high hopes for my broken osmo vids, seeing lot of poeple fixing their videos.. but I fail at phase 2 every time..

Great work thou, helping alot of people here

Welcome to the Forum!

As I stated on the post above,
Load a good and bad on drive and share it, send as pm if you want I will give a try at work.

I never heard anything from @wsz

Rod

We're talking about GBs of data and I'm not working with a good internet connection to make uploads like that, but thanks for the offer.
I'll keep looking for answers and try to fix it, but I've already made my peace with it.
It's my mistake anyway, files probably got damaged during copying onto my hard drive (I've watched them on my phone before, everything was fine), and as soon as I copied, I formatted my SD card and oh well...

Yeah, that sucks, got it.

Rod

@wsz

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not the guy @Luis J.

But if you upload the good one and the bad one to a onedrive, dropbox, gdrive, I will see what happens on my work computer tomorrow..

Rod

Hello @RodPad !
Sorry for late, but my problem is that I have a lot of Gb to upload.

But if it help you, some information about the videos:

The good one:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 29.791fps 17011kbps [V: VideoHandle [eng] (h264 baseline L4.0, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 17011 kb/s)]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz mono 96kbps [A: SoundHandle [eng] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, mono, 96 kb/s)]

The bad one:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 29.75fps 16996kbps [V: VideoHandle [eng] (h264 baseline L4.0, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 16996 kb/s)]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz mono 96kbps [A: SoundHandle [eng] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, mono, 96 kb/s)]

Thank you for the help!

To fix damaged or corrupted video file, you can use Kernel Video Repair software. The software can fix various kinds of corrupted video file like MP4, MOV, MPEG, MJPEG, MTS, M4V, MKV, AVI, AVCHD, WEBM, ASF, WMV, FLV, DIVX, 3G2, TS, 3GP, F4V file formats.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj