You are not Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy flew over a National Park and got tracked down and fined

It’s not that he was doing anything bad , they can see a way of not only pissing people of but making money out of it also ..... most of us are just trying to capture some nice footage and a few memory’s . But like always it only takes 1 SOUR PUSS , to cry about it .. and ruin it for all of us ..

Reactions: Brojon
I can see in the future our drones will become ornaments on the wall , and that is sad , l finally found something l like doing , but can’t see it lasting long ..

View attachment 94665

A few corrections.
Teen = Retired Surgeon
Hacker = Creator of one of the first online medical databases in UK
... and that is more information than you deserve.

You're obviously not aware that the vast majority of people use a dynamic IP address which are issued by your ISP from a block of IP addresses that they lease. Every time you connect to their service you will be allocated an IP address. That IP address is NOT fixed to your router/network permanently, unless you have actually bought a fixed IP address, but not all ISPs will sell you a fixed IP.

Anyway, the information someone can gather from an IP address is limited as follows:-

Your ISP, Country, Region and City.

It will not provide your Name, Address, Street, or Telephone number.

Right, now here's a test you can do for youself.

Go here.

You will see your current IP address and also your location. Take a note of the IP address. Switch off/on your router and let it reconnect with your ISP. When connected you will have a different IP address. You may have to switch your PC/Laptop off/on for it to reconnect to your router.

No anger, or name calling in my post. Have a nice day.

And despite the impossibility of it from your posts, they still find people. Must be magic.

Reactions: Nestmac
I can see in the future our drones will become ornaments on the wall , and that is sad , l finally found something l like doing , but can’t see it lasting long ..

It appears you are a pessimist combined with limited perspective???

R/C aircraft have been around since about 1917, however Tesla demonstrated r/c control with boats in 1898.

After 100 years the hobby is huge and you're not going to just bottle it up anytime soon.

Many before you have said similar so your not alone, just wrong.

A timeline of Radio Control

Reactions: Helihover
They will the FAA is looking to make examples out of people in the drone world right now. [emoji91]
I guess believing that keeps some people honest. I'm curious if you have a source to cite on that?

View attachment 94665
You're obviously not aware that the vast majority of people use a dynamic IP address which are issued by your ISP from a block of IP addresses that they lease. Every time you connect to their service you will be allocated an IP address. That IP address is NOT fixed to your router/network permanently, unless you have actually bought a fixed IP address, but not all ISPs will sell you a fixed IP.
Actually that's seldom true these days - unless you force a lease renewal you can almost bank on it staying the same for a very long time.

Reactions: Texas Gonzo
ok I'm a tech illiterate who doesn't know DNS. I was trying to encourage people to use this forum for constructive and responsible sharing of valuable information rather than posting and boasting about questionable practices and possibly enticing some who might not otherwise go there to the DARK SIDE! I consider myself properly chastised thank you.
Looking at it from a transactional analysis point of view, you are assuming a parent mode which rubs most people wrong because they are correctly operating in adult mode.

Transactional Analysis

Looking at it from a transactional analysis point of view, you are assuming a parent mode which rubs most people wrong because they are correctly operating in adult mode.

Transactional Analysis

Does "correctly operating in adult mode" mean that they are following the rules? If they are, why would they get upset at me for admonishing others to do the same?

Does "correctly operating in adult mode" mean that they are following the rules? If they are, why would they get upset at me for admonishing others to do the same?
You obviously replied without reading the brief synopsis on TA I provided.

TA is above my IQ and the reasons for the various reactions don't really concern me. Some agreed some disagreed but plenty of people thought it was worth discussing (including you).
Discuss and rebut are entirely different things.
TA is not above your IQ - but apparently above your GAS factor (G.ive A. S.***)
It is a useful tool to help with effective and productive communication.
But anyway - my answer was in reply to what seemed genuine confusion as to why some folks reacted in a manner you didn't seem to expect.
I don't want to get into a back and forth over the obvious.

This has gotten way off topic, so I'm just gonna say that IMO if you think your posts here are anonymous, you are kidding yourself.

View attachment 94665

A few corrections.
Teen = Retired Surgeon
Hacker = Creator of one of the first online medical databases in UK
... and that is more information than you deserve.

Anyway, the information someone can gather from an IP address is limited as follows:-

Your ISP, Country, Region and City.

It will not provide your Name, Address, Street, or Telephone number.

Right, now here's a test you can do for youself.

Go here.

You will see your current IP address and also your location. Take a note of the IP address. Switch off/on your router and let it reconnect with your ISP. When connected you will have a different IP address. You may have to switch your PC/Laptop off/on for it to reconnect to your router.

No anger, or name calling in my post. Have a nice day.
You, Ducky are so very correct. I always set Chrome to block my geographical location, so Home Depot, WalMart, and all these other sites guess based on my IP and are many time STATES away. It is nice to see a smart adult get in here and mix it up with the know it all kids.

It appears you are a pessimist combined with limited perspective???

R/C aircraft have been around since about 1917, however Tesla demonstrated r/c control with boats in 1898.

After 100 years the hobby is huge and you're not going to just bottle it up anytime soon.

Many before you have said similar so your not alone, just wrong.

A timeline of Radio Control

I may be a little bit of a pessimist, but in the last year as the drone FERNOMINA in Australia has picked up pace , the places l could fly my drone and have no worries about doing it are shrinking , Major reason being the increase of morons doing STUIPED [Language Removed] , rich people buying them for there kids , uninformed public that just walk up to you and pester you , YOU SHOULDN’T BE FLYING THAT HERE I AM CALLING THE AUTHORITIES.... Yes remote controlled flying vehicles have been around for a LONG TIME but anything any good was VERY EXPENSIVE and helicopters were the hardest things to fly . Drones are easy to fly and very portable with good run times and people are flying them everywhere and places they shouldn’t be , all it will take in wowser central Australia is for some old bag to be hit and the only place we will be able to fly them here is on the MOON ... THE FUN POLICE ARE ALWAYS waiting to spoil [Language Removed] ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be a little bit of a pessimist, but in the last year as the drone FERNOMINA in Australia has picked up pace , the places l could fly my drone and have no worries about doing it are shrinking , Major reason being the increase of morons doing STUIPED **** , rich people buying them for there kids , uninformed public that just walk up to you and pester you , YOU SHOULDN’T BE FLYING THAT HERE I AM CALLING THE AUTHORITIES.... Yes remote controlled flying vehicles have been around for a LONG TIME but anything any good was VERY EXPENSIVE and helicopters were the hardest things to fly . Drones are easy to fly and very portable with good run times and people are flying them everywhere and places they shouldn’t be , all it will take in wowser central Australia is for some old bag to be hit and the only place we will be able to fly them here is on the MOON ... THE FUN POLICE ARE ALWAYS waiting to spoil **** ..

Well there will be restrictions (as we have experienced in the USA too) especially as others find creative ways to abuse the privilege.

However the industry will lobby and they won't become wall art (here in the USA).

Cheers (Casper)!

And despite the impossibility of it from your posts, they still find people. Must be magic.

For goodness sake. His Youtube profile provides his full Name and his full Email address, as well as possibly other information relating to his online Youtube footprint, including lots of other videos which actually include his face. But, yes it might be magic. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor