Wobble in flight

Reaction score
Is this a problem?

I’m not sure what happened here, but I’m a new pilot with a couple dozen successful flights with a new P4P+, so I don’t know if this is bad or not.

Clear day, no wind, good gps, no birds. I’m trying to drift west (starboard) while looking at the mountain to the south. Was watching the RC, not the AC and saw a series of declinations to port. That was new behavior to me and I didn’t think I caused it, so I backed out and hit RTH. She flew home with perfect behavior and made perfect precision landing.

I cut a short clip from the AC’s video that shows the ‘wobble’. I have the flight log and a screen shot of PH’s log viewer, which shows about where the anomaly occurred, (around 7m27s into flight).

Who misbehaved here? Operator, AC, or gimbal? Do I have a problem, or can I go back to flying?

The video, I hope:

The log file, I hope:

The screen shot, I hope:

IMG_0520.jpg

Is this a problem?

I’m not sure what happened here, but I’m a new pilot with a couple dozen successful flights with a new P4P+, so I don’t know if this is bad or not.

Clear day, no wind, good gps, no birds. I’m trying to drift west (starboard) while looking at the mountain to the south. Was watching the RC, not the AC and saw a series of declinations to port. That was new behavior to me and I didn’t think I caused it, so I backed out and hit RTH. She flew home with perfect behavior and made perfect precision landing.

I cut a short clip from the AC’s video that shows the ‘wobble’. I have the flight log and a screen shot of PH’s log viewer, which shows about where the anomaly occurred, (around 7m27s into flight).

Who misbehaved here? Operator, AC, or gimbal? Do I have a problem, or can I go back to flying?

The video, I hope:

The log file, I hope:

The screen shot, I hope:

View attachment 110854
Unsure what causes this but most p4 flyers I think have experienced this cam tilt,,can happen with no wind aswell,,possibly imu calibration might corect anything going on,,sometimes hard banking or sudden turn gets that symptom too especially if using a sun shade on cam

Here's couple screen shots from my p4 flying straight and turning,,because my cam did this is nearly flew into the water,,clips on utube but had cam shake worse than what you got ,,I restarted djigo4 and did some calibrations and it not return thankfully
Screenshot_20190427-104504.jpg
Screenshot_20190427-104440.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ansia

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4