Need help analyzing a flight.

Reaction score
I’m a newb at analyzing the dat files off the P4P. I have a situation I want to understand. No crash. But seems interesting.

I was flying a programmed Litchi mission over some canal locks in Waterford NY USA. I lost connection along the way as I expected and waited for the return. Long story short it had initiated an RTH at some point while out of range. I assumed it was a conservative battery RTH but now I’m not so sure. I see a flight action of OUTOF_CONTROL_GOHOME.

hmm.

There was a power plant nearby so I’m suspecting some flight restriction?

Here is the dat file:

Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-07-06_23-54-02.FLY160.DAT

I’m also curious as to how I can get simple speed out of it as a time series.

Thanks in advance!!

Bill

I don't know how to analyze dats, I'm sure someone will pipe in shortly that can. But I'd like to see the csv for that flight, to look at and mabey see some answer of sorts.

I assumed it was a conservative battery RTH but now I’m not so sure. I see a flight action of OUTOF_CONTROL_GOHOME.
You are correct. This was a Smart Battery RTH.
SMART_POWER_GOHOME------- at approx 10 min in to the flight.

If you are looking for an airspeed vs time series, it would be much easier to use the .txt device log for that.

If you are looking for an airspeed vs time series, it would be much easier to use the .txt device log for that.
DatCon will compute a ground speed, maybe this is what @bsartist wanted (as opposed to airspeed).
upload_2018-7-7_7-18-11.png

I’m a newb at analyzing the dat files off the P4P. I have a situation I want to understand. No crash. But seems interesting.

I was flying a programmed Litchi mission over some canal locks in Waterford NY USA. I lost connection along the way as I expected and waited for the return. Long story short it had initiated an RTH at some point while out of range. I assumed it was a conservative battery RTH but now I’m not so sure. I see a flight action of OUTOF_CONTROL_GOHOME.

hmm.

There was a power plant nearby so I’m suspecting some flight restriction?

Here is the dat file:

Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-07-06_23-54-02.FLY160.DAT

Thanks in advance!!

Bill
I think what happened here is that a SMART_POWER_GOHOME condition caused the mission to be cancelled. After that the OUTOF_CONTROL_GOHOME took over since the RC was disconnected.

You are correct. This was a Smart Battery RTH.
SMART_POWER_GOHOME------- at approx 10 min in to the flight.

Where do you see that? I didn’t see that in CsvView.

The AC was flying without a downlink during the time in question so the device won’t hsvd the data.

I don't know how to analyze dats, I'm sure someone will pipe in shortly that can. But I'd like to see the csv for that flight, to look at and mabey see some answer of sorts.
I guess I should run it through datcon for that.

It is there in .csv view, but initially I used Excel.
Thanks. I’ll look again.

Did you use datcon to get an excel viewable file? Or is there a way with CsvView? AFAIU CsvView is doing the conversion internally.

Thanks!

Where do you see that? I didn’t see that in CsvView.
To see that the mission was cancelled you'll need to use DatCon and look at the eventLog stream.

652.778 : 35877 [L-FLYLIMIT]get 1860 data err:9 188
652.783 : 35878 [L-CFG][record_wp_break_point] save(&g_real.config.waypoint_break_point.lon)
652.783 : 35878 [L-MIS][WP MISSION STOP] Record wp break point:41 (-73.755883 42.828116 103.432526)
652.783 : 35878 [L-MIS][WP MISSION STOP] Record wp break point id: 0

Then use CsvView to see that when the mission stopped there was 0.1 secs of SMART_POWER_GOHOME that was then followed by OUTOF_CONTROL_GOHOME.

EDIT: Although CsvView uses DatCon internally it's sometimes conveient to use DatCon directly to obtain a higher sample rate like I did here. Then use CsvView to look at the .csv that DatCon creates.
upload_2018-7-7_8-13-4.png

upload_2018-7-7_8-10-2.png

To see that the mission was cancelled you'll need to use DatCon and look at the eventLog stream.

652.778 : 35877 [L-FLYLIMIT]get 1860 data err:9 188
652.783 : 35878 [L-CFG][record_wp_break_point] save(&g_real.config.waypoint_break_point.lon)
652.783 : 35878 [L-MIS][WP MISSION STOP] Record wp break point:41 (-73.755883 42.828116 103.432526)
652.783 : 35878 [L-MIS][WP MISSION STOP] Record wp break point id: 0

Then use CsvView to see that when the mission stopped there was 0.1 secs of SMART_POWER_GOHOME that was then followed by OUTOF_CONTROL_GOHOME.

EDIT: Although CsvView uses DatCon internally it's sometimes conveient to use DatCon directly to obtain a higher sample rate like I did here. Then use CsvView to look at the .csv that DatCon creates.
View attachment 100942

View attachment 100941
Ahhh. Excellent! Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20