Win $100 for your best Phantom 4 tip

Do not buy a drone. Your home will be safer, and your wife will be richer and happier.

Upgrade to a mavic for free.....take out life insurance on your ex, Fly your drone into your ex's head, cash in, laugh at how your quids in with your new toy

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would say don't trust your battery level and assume it is less. Especially towards the last 30%.
I agree. The battery percentage is not linear. There are other variables involved, such as return leg headwinds, etc.

#1 Golden Rule: Have a fun, memorable, and SAFE experience with you're drone. This means don't do anything stupid with you're drone like try to walk your dog OR fly below 30% EVER!! As I learned the more places you fly your drone the more pumped and experienced you got. I still consider myself new to drones but the first sentance is the first thing i think about when my drone pops into my head.

Sent from my SM-T320 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's time to pick a winner...

Here's my favorite tip:

While waiting for your P4 to arrive at your doorstep (or prior to flying if you buy it at a retail store) read and then reread the entire Operations Manual in order to become familiar with all of its limitations, settings, and programmed behaviors. Like a Piper Cub or a Boeing 777, this thing is an aircraft, and no safety conscious pilot would ever consider flying either of those without nearly memorizing the Operations Manual.

Reading and fully understanding the Phantom manual is no doubt an essential first step for new Phantom owners. Many of the problems I see posted in these forums could have been prevented if pilots would have taken that advice.

@Brockrock, I'll PM you the $100 DJI Store coupon code.

Reactions: Neon Euc
There are many very good tips on this thread, and lots of great advice. I appreciate the consideration regarding my suggestion!
It looks like I will finally be getting that ND 8 filter that I have had my eye on (as the lowest I now have is 16), and maybe a better remote lanyard that I can trust will not break while I'm flying...

Thank you very much msinger!

Reactions: Neon Euc
In the Atti mode the P4 will drift with the wind. Figure out the wind direction, see if it goes past anything of interest, let'er drift, and then yaw any direction to take pictures or video while drifting. Kind of like a drift scuba dive.

This giveaway has concluded. Feel free to share your Phantom 4 tips if you'd like though.

When caring a payload, like a basket or a Halloween ghoul (like me), string a metal Keychain loop between each side landing gear with two large zip-tyes so the loops are centered on the aircraft . Hang your tethers from them to maintain your center of balance, and to keep your payload flying straight without spinning in the wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl