Win $100 for your best Phantom 4 tip

My tip to enjoyable droning is to follow this 3 step process...

1. Know and follow all applicable laws (at all levels of local and federal government)
  2. For even the simplest flight, create and follow a basic process and safety checklist (be it written or mental)
  3. Be courteous and respectful to others, even if it means landing the bird and taking it elsewhere to diffuse concern

If and/ or when your phantom tumbles to the ground, for safety's sake use the csc(combination stick command) left stick to bottom inside corner while also pressing rth button, before retrieval.

Don't be in a rush to apply new firmware...let everyone else do DJI's beta testing!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Don't fly with a gimbal protection guard while still having VPS mode active.
If you do your P4 will no more handle the correct altitude... because VPS will detect the gimbal guard as being the ground level and could possibly raise up rapidly the P4 in the sky out of your control.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you fly "behind something" you lose your visual... maybe your signal... maybe your expensive P4...

p.s.
I have to buy my first Phantom for topography researches... your coupon could help a startup project ;)

for me having my phone number listed on a sticker on my p4 along with the corresponding FAA registration number have been of great benefit. A week ago while doing a long distant mission, my ego led me to miscalculate the battery left and had to land about 1.5miles away from home with only 3% of battery. Once on the ground my live-view displayed a dog and a person approaching my aircraft, needless to say that got me all rattled; however, less than a minute later, i got a phone call by a nice lady telling me that my drone was safe with them until my arrival.

Know your local laws and the airspace where you fly. We as UAV enthusiasts are operating in national airspace, we have to integrate safely to ensure everyones safety. The world is watching us closely, we have to only show them amazing photo and video and what our UAVs can do, we cannot show them un-safe operation to make our passion harder to enjoy.

3 words. "Read the manual"
100 dollars baby! :) Lol.

Also, buy first a cheap 50 dollar drone. Fly it around, get comfortable then fly your drone.

My tip is ....research and make sure that it is not an impulse buy, so many people buy on impluse and regret it in the end :)

First buy a cheap quad and learn how to fly and crash then Join Phantom Pilots and learn more about your new addiction, then buy a phantom, read and fly.

Last edited:
Mike, we only get one day to spend the $100?

My advice, plan ahead for each new flight adventure. Use Google street view and Google earth to help. Don't give the ignorant public a chance to complain, always launch in areas that are away from public view.

Unless you fly over flat barren ground and can always see your Drone buy and attach a Marco Polo unit to your drone. My P4 met up with an over 200' above my takeoff altitude Ponderosa Pine Tree top that I never saw and I would never have found it without my new Marco Polo Transmitter that I just received the night before. Where my P4 ended up in extremely rugged terrain laying under a fallen tree in heavy underbrush there was absolutely no Cell Signal and under the forest canopy very poor GPS reception. The Marco Polo sends out RF Signals when activated. It's cheap insurance!

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Be humble! If you are unsure about what you are about to do with your drone, don't do it until you're 200% sure you can (be it law, your flying skills, safety and morality of your mission and so on).

Wind can be an unknown issue when flying. If you take your Phantom up to mission height and switch to ATTI mode, you will notice from the drift, just how strong the wind is and precisely what direction it's coming from, This is more precise than any APP and will help with calculating flights for speed, distance and endurance.

P.s. I share this only as a tip, I can not use or spend your voucher, cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl