Who has not crashed or had issues with phantom drone

it's probably more... 1000 just an estimate as more than 1000 birds came through my shop in the past 18 months and i test flown ALL of them..
still knocking on the wood :D

just wait, tomorrow i'll reply here that i had my first crash LOL!

Reactions: Reed L
To check the firmware version of the battery, you need to check the txt file that gets written to the sd card during upgrade. Then after the first battery gets upgraded (during your main upgrade of the air craft), you will power down, put in your next battery, and repeat the upgrade process. This time it will be faster, as only the battery will need upgrading. When complete, check the txt file again for confirmation.

To reset the home location, there is a teardrop icon on the left with the letter H inside it. When flying, if you press it, it will expand out with two options. One is to reset home to the current aircraft position, the other to the current position of your phone/tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks. The teardrop to reset home doesn't show for me since first app update. I thought DJI removed it. I must've changed something to make it disappear and don't know how to get it back. It only highlights the lack of clear documentation.

Reactions: HueJorgan
The teardrop shows on my go app but it wont do anything. I alway use auto takeoff and let the bird hover for a couple of minutes. Auto takeoff sets your home point. I'm thinking Dji disabled the teardrop so home point could not be changed. Just my 2 cents!!

Crashed fist standard In ocean got the advanced now

Must be a deprecated feature. I'm a bit of a Luddite here. Don't upgrade unless I see a real reason to. I'm still on 2.4.2 version of the GO app. Sorry about passing potentially bad info.

Not really a feature I have ever used though. Will test later today just for fun.

I have had my P3A since March. I have 8 1/4 hrs and 320,000 ft of flight time on it with no problems except for a few pilot errors. Love this thing

Must be a deprecated feature. I'm a bit of a Luddite here. Don't upgrade unless I see a real reason to. I'm still on 2.4.2 version of the GO app. Sorry about passing potentially bad info.

Not really a feature I have ever used though. Will test later today just for fun.

Just tested, and it works fine as I described it in my version of the app. Guess they took it away in newer versions.

Had mine for a year. No issues. Flew through smoke, fog, mist, light rain, near zero temps, 100+ temps with no issues

Over 1,000,000 feet flown had one minor stress crack sent in on Monday retuned with new shell the following Monday ...I'm not complaining [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only a dozen or so flights on my P3P but no issues so far (knocking on wood as I type this). ;) But I started with the original P1 and put a couple hundred flights on that. Never had any problem with that one either. Still have it.

Mike

Reactions: beegee
I have many hours and many miles, just be smart and fly away form people and structures to get used to the Phantom. You will have a most enjoyable experience...guaranteed!

Over 1,000,000 feet flown had one minor stress crack sent in on Monday retuned with new shell the following Monday ...I'm not complaining [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Where did you send it exactly? Dji under warranty or another repairer or some cover?
Thanks

I have a question about "flight times", I tend to stop motors at least twice per outing so I may have 5 flights in a 20 minute battery life, is this the flight number people talk about? Seems like hours are a better representation then.

I have a question about "flight times", I tend to stop motors at least twice per outing so I may have 5 flights in a 20 minute battery life, is this the flight number people talk about? Seems like hours are a better representation then.
i go by batteries, 1 battery = 1 flight

64 flights here with 804 km all flights are long range test crazy that about 500miles with two phantom 3 pro

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 353
P3P 120 hrs no issues what so ever. I did every FW update within 10 days of issue. iPad mini2 latest at all times as well.

3 other DJI MRs F450, F550 and S800 (this was a $10K when purchased, made the investment back many times over). Only one major issue in 5 years and thousands of flights, a NAZA IMU went bad, still landed fine in manual mode, DJI replaced with new NAZA in 48hrs back in 2013.

I think DJI is the best in the industry. I have over 40 RC planes, MRs and helis as well, so I have a lot to compare DJI to.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20