Who has not crashed or had issues with phantom drone

Where did you send it exactly? Dji under warranty or another repairer or some cover?
Thanks
Went through DJI. Received a RMA sent it in I think it went to Arizona. Came back with a new shell and a new motor... Not a penny out of pocket. I ordered my P3 in December sent it back under warranty in April i think.

In answer to the original question, Yes, there are hundreds of phantom pilots who have never crashed or reported problems of any kind. Those flights just don't get on the forum, and don't need to.

People post things about problems with their phantoms, or they post about a flyaway or crash. But, for every problem post there are thousands of hours of successful flights that people don't post about. I mean, you wouldn't post something about every good flight you made, the forum would be swamped with boring posts.

I take every disaster I read about with a grain of salt. As it has been said, 99% of flights that end badly are from pilot error, and/or poor pre-flight preparations. Just by following some guidelines for pre-flight checks and getting in the practice time you need, you will avoid most of the issues you read about. Just my humble opinion.
I agree. I do not doubt that some lemons are out there. That is life. I have had other drones with genuine firmware upgrade issues. I have had none with my P3P. From what I read, most crashes are pilot error, lack of a pre-flight checklist, panic due to inexperience and practicing in an open field or flight simulator and, frankly, people who just buy a very complex expensive system without having bought something cheaper and simpler to practice on. Situational awareness seems to be a big factor. The controls work differently depending on how the quad is facing. You need a number of hours just controlling the drone in different directions until it becomes ingrained.

Only had my P3 Advanced for 7 days, stuck her in a tree for a day, pilot error, flying to low over a forest. Watching that vid. its amazing I made it as far as I did, lots of ohh's & ahh's as I passed by tree tops, blowing in my wake!
I flew a little Syma x5c for a month before I took the plunge for a real craft. Syma was a great training tool, to know controls, but, you have to keep your eyes on a non GPS bird or they disappear.
I found it very hard to stop starting at the Phantom & focus on the monitor, I still have to tell myself to "look down"!
Other than my foolishness, this thing is a wonder & i'm just scratching the surface.

14h, 150km, 100 flights, no issues only my mistakes not charging phone, RC or other pilot mistakes, no complaints for dji, had contacted once and was very satisfied

P3A no crashes or issues

Total flights: 71
Total Air Time: 19:06:51 hh:mm:ss
Longest flight: 0:21:41 hh:mm:ss

Total Mileage: 1459892.00 ft - 276.49 miles
Furest distance: 17101.00 ft - 3.24 miles
Longest trip: 7.15 Miles

Had my fc40 for 3 1/2 years, flown 100's of times, and have never had a problem ( ALWAYS set the compass EVERY flight...

Used to have a P2... P4 since March... living in Panama, i enjoy no restrictions (as of right now) Other than an old "X'd" airport listed as No Fly near Costa Rica. I have had zero issues and zero crashes to report (60% ATTI). Over 400 logged flight hours. Most with VPS disabled (honestly it just gets in the way).

Having read through lots of postings about damage and repairs, fly always and losses I was wondering how many users have good news stories and str still flying their original drone. As a newbie I was curious if I can expect to get weeks, months or years of enjoyment from my new purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Had mine a year now with no issues. P3 Pro. Wait it did land by itself but I don't know why. I don't have many flights on it like I want. Video feed was great at first now its a little choppy. Going to do the long range mod probably. All in all I still love it!!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Had mine since October of 2015! I have about 60 flights with mine and still using the original props as well (I actually check my props under magnification for cracks or chips to the edges).

Having read through lots of postings about damage and repairs, fly always and losses I was wondering how many users have good news stories and str still flying their original drone. As a newbie I was curious if I can expect to get weeks, months or years of enjoyment from my new purchase.

I bought my Phantom 2V+ in 2013 and few it a couple times a week or more until I sold it in spring of 2016 to a friend who is still flying it. The video/telemetry transmitter in the Phantom was the first gen without cooling holes and they all tended to overheat. It failed after about a year and I replaced it. Everything else is still working fine. Not bad for 3 years.

I bought a P4 on release day in March and have had zero issues with it - no range problems, video problems, nothing. Life is good :)

Well I've never had a problem with my P2V+, P2 v.3, P3P, never.
I don't do stupid stuff, I've never had to put my drone in the refrigerator to cool down the IMU or the freezer like some claim to do and what's funny is I live in blast-furnace-hell aka Florida, so a "cool" IMU is not a problem.
I've never had to build a perfectly level launch platform to calibrate the IMU either, put it on my desk (that I'm sure is not level) and calibrate on rare occasions works just fine.
Now if you want a truly level platform that never varies, buy a two to three foot thick block of granite, keep it indoors, make sure it's mounted to the foundation of your home (concrete) and make sure it's adjustable depending on the season of the year. How do I know this? That's how they calibrate military lasers in aerospace... granite expands and contracts the least of all materials. BTDT.

I've had two fly-aways because of signal loss and I wouldn't even classify them as fly-aways, rather signal disconnect / interference, and what is NEVER mentioned in these forums is that DJI built into their "old" P2's the ability where if a signal that is stronger than your TX's signal that causes the drone to fly towards it because its signal is more powerful than that of your TX and is the same freq ... unless there's variability in that signal as if a human were controlling it... meaning constant adjustments of speed and altitude... the Phantom's firmware senses that the signals direction commands never changes so it "realizes" it is no longer under human control ... stops the Phantom from proceeding further, it hovers, then ascends to its predetermined RTH altitude, does a 180 and RTH and auto lands... had it happen to me twice, worked like a charm. I'm sure the P3P and P4 all have this feature.

So unless you plan on doing stupid stuff, you're probably going to be okay. As far as years of service... that I don't know. Batts don't last forever, motors wear out, bumps, knocks, take their toll.

Had my first drone a P4 for a couple of weeks. Managed to drop it into a pool of water - totally submerged for about a minute. Removed battery, shook out as much water as possible and left in my car in the sun (I live on the Costa in Spain so it's hot!). The battery never recovered and was replaced. After 24hrs the drone sort of worked but wasn't happy. A few squirts of WD40 soon put that right and now it is fine.

However, a couple of times, I've lost control whilst it was still visible, so not that far away. It would respond to elevation but not forward/backward commands. I dropped it pretty low just in case and then I got control back. As a newbie I'm puzzled and a little disconcerted. I've since flown her out of visual sight on purpose and got her to return just by reversing the joystick exactly so she followed the same route back. The home button did nothing though.

I'm using Lichi by the way as for some reason I prefer it to DJI Go. It also takes a while to have the confidence to fly her in public when people gather to watch! I try to look like I know what I'm doing!

Hi yes I still on original phantom 3 .so far only had trouble with wifi signal,,,to date 167 flights no crashes, ,YET,, ianzone nz

I have 34 hours, 316 flights, 277km of wonerfull flying with P3P with only 2 crashes, one from a good looking bird of prey I caught on video and another pilot error crash on my house roof drainpipe , oops. I love my P3P nearly as much as "her indoors" haha

I think the thing is, although not overly complex, there is a level of complexity demanding that some basic tasks are completed systematically to satisfy all the conditions for a safe flight.
When you read some of the posts it is fairly apparent that a lot of pilots do not understand this, and just stick it on the ground and take off.
Then, when something goes wrong, they blame DJI.
These machines are pretty robust, with few moving parts. The electronics should be reliable, and in the P4 some key systems are duplicated for redundancy.
But still people crash or lose them, and I think that's where the key point of failure is, the pilot.
The documentation could be better, but there are lots of Youtube instructional videos which are very good.

Ive had my phantom 3advanced

ive had mine a year never crashed great

Currently I am at 20 hours of flight time without any issue. Only one near crash due to my own fault during a start.

2 p3a since early this year. Flight distance of over 90km... many hours of flight. No issue. 1 flyaway... my fault for forgeting to calibrate when changing to a new location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.