Who has not crashed or had issues with phantom drone

No problems for me......I have had mine for a little over a year with nothing but perfect behavior from my bird !

Hhg

I've flown drones from hubsans and racers to pro survey drones worth more than my annual salary. Out of all that, the only drone I haven't crashed (yet!)in 8 years of flying for both fun and work is my P3P. No drone is perfect, but the P3 is as reliable as I've ever experienced.
P

I've had my drone for about a year. I have the old motors. I have no cracks. No problems. Love it!

My P3A is more than a year old now. 57h / 535km. 430 flights. No issues. Updated every latest firmware when they came out. I'm in filming industry. Traveled a lot. Droning in many countries and places. The little machine has always been up to task.

Bought my P3 in California and flew it there for a couple months. Now in Costa Rica and and having a lot more fun with it. I have flown it over the ocean on numerous occasions with no problems so far. I will say I am very tense each time over the water because I know if it goes down that's it until I can get back to the US and move up to a P4. I love my quadrocopter and have experienced only one very minor problem. It seems like if I don't fly for a couple of days it keeps wanting me to update the controller firmware and won't fly until I do. I did loose radio contact for the first time yesterday, out at the beach. It was over 2,000 feet away. The return to home kicked in just like it should have and the quadrocopter went up to 100 meters as programed and flew back high over the tree until I could pick it up again and land it safely. Nice!

86,600 ft. 4 hrs of the flights I've Saved. Zero incidences. One low altitude crash cause I was in a hurry and didn't wait for satellites.

I only had mine P3A about 3 months and just love it! Never leave home without it. 21hrs, 20min - 972,686.6ft - 225 flight times. No issues other then the tree that lowered its limb and down it fell, bout 10ft. Broke 2 props. Very thing has been great

I'm still flying an ancient P2V (non +) and have had no issues. One crash due to my trying to stretch the battery and fight the auto landing. It augured into some pebble gravel and only chipped two props. Swapped them out - and life has been good ever since. I quit upgrading the software long ago.

P3P, two crashes, both of my doing.

1. Took off and flew around. Then moved without turning off battery. Flew. Moved again, also without turning off battery. When battery got low (because I did not reset home point), it took off heading for I-35 (my first flight was on the other side of the interstate) to go to home point. I crashed it into a corn field so it wouldn't come down over the interstate. No damage. Two motors would not rotate. Powered down and back on. Issue resolved, no problems since. It should be noted, this was one of my early flights with the P3P. I know know how to reset Home Point.

2. Flying in a parking lot. (away from most vehicles and not over people - before the flame sprayers get wound up). When landing, the wind from between my car and another near me caused it to tip over on landing. One prop broken. Again, my fault. Should have landed in the open.

I have not updated my firmware or the App in sometime.

I always fly with full batteries, I just have issues with an app forcing me to fly where they want, like I cannot be trusted to do the right thing. Have not experienced any of the issues with the P3P.

I know there are those who will want to flame spray that, as well. However, please understand it is my choice. Since I am not experiencing issues that the updates "correct" I have not updated. I also understand I risk possible problems, that is my choice.

Also understand that I live VERY RURAL. Nearest neighbor 1/2 - 3/4 mile away. Fields around me. So if I crash, I may kill a corn or soybean plant, or maybe mangle one. Farmer who farms knows I fly over his fields and has no problems with it.

View media item 1024

P3A w/800,000' logged and the only issues I have had are frame cracks, resolved with UAVbits. I had a compass error once which probably would have resulted in a crash but didn't panic and disabled the GPS to fly it back. Completely impressed with this bird. I even still have the same props on it complete with bug guts and a few tree leaf stains.

41 flights on a P3A since November with no issues, my brother just bought his second P3P with no issues until he flew it into a river. (His fault... Not the aircraft)

My healthy drones says 700 miles travelled in 105 flights that with two Phantom 3 advanced no problems.

Unfortunately I don't get to fly much between weather, job, other commitments. But I've had a P2(non-vision) with Go-Pro 3 black for about 2 years and a P3P for just a few months (through the winter). I have probably 20 hours on the P2 and 2 on the P3. Flawless on both. I have Litchi and Flytrex. Need to install Flytrex and try Litchi out one of these days.
Right now i'm under the gun with my brother in law to get my P3 fitted with my release mechanism so I can drop some fake "bombs" on a model aircraft carrier for a fun thing he is doing in the pool for the 4th. (Don't worry, I know all the regs, etc.) I'm hoping I can be accurate enough to drop these things very close to the "ship" so he can fire off firecrackers simulating bombs striking - I know, kinda nerdy, but that's my bro in law. He has Parkinson's and needs to keep himself busy so he comes up with some crazy fun stuff.
Anyway - absolutely NO problems with either the P2 or P3. I consider myself a fairly good pilot, which might account for the fact that I haven't run into anything - yet. :)

I have had a Phantom 2 and a Vision 2 + and now a Phantom 3, flown many many many hours, never had an accident or crash (so now i have jinxed myself lol)

Having read through lots of postings about damage and repairs, fly always and losses I was wondering how many users have good news stories and str still flying their original drone. As a newbie I was curious if I can expect to get weeks, months or years of enjoyment from my new purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Never had any issues at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj