Uncontrolled descent

The fan boys here do not like to hear that their expensive toy can fail or that DJI service sucks. Any time you post such issues, they will always try to blame the pilot or tell you to just suck it up and buy a new one. Maybe they are just shills for DJI. Who knows?
Save yourself a lot of grief and get a 3DR Solo.

It sounds like you have first hand experience with the 3DR Solo. How is it? What did you like about it compared to the Phantom?

His financial status has not one **** thing to do with this.If some of you are poor, should you guys get your P3 for less. Grow up.
Grow up! Get a brain.... he is the one bragging about a collection of $100,000 cars.... get real...if you had that wealth - would you be bothered about a $1500 quad?
Behind what is said - does he really have that wealth - I dont think so and I doubt anybody else here does. People with that wealth do not go around telling the world....too many idiots about.
AND as one poster stated... where has he been since he purchased his P3?
Not on here before he bought reading up and getting info and advice.... he just signed up to whinge about an ALLEGED "flyaway" or should it be dropdown!
My comments were my opinion - you flawed though it is are allowed yours...

Reactions: Pulsar747n and atki
maybe post the logs on here for people to see? I have seen problem threads on here get good results from doing this and letting the boffins that lurk about phantom pilots do what they do best.

You mention flying over your house, i can imagine that if you own a phantom that you also have lots of other technology in your house that may have interfered. Bluetooth, WiFi etc

Ditto, on posting your log file. Plenty of people here to investigate, and here: you can upload your log to healthydrones.com Go right to DJI with your complaint and evidence.

It sounds like you have first hand experience with the 3DR Solo. How is it? What did you like about it compared to the Phantom?
Have not purchased a Solo yet. I have flown a 3DR Iris+ and it was very solid. The Mission planner app was excellent as well. I have had 2 Phantoms and I have 3 other quads and a hex with NAZA flight controllers. I have had many hundreds of successful flights but also 4 flyaways, all recovered.
It is sad when a new Phantom owner is treated so badly here after having problems with the DJI product and also service.
I recommended a Solo because of the excellent service that has been reported so far. If I purchase another RTF bird it may be a Solo but for now, I am just building my own because I need them to float and be waterproof.

The fan boys here do not like to hear that their expensive toy can fail or that DJI service sucks. Any time you post such issues, they will always try to blame the pilot or tell you to just suck it up and buy a new one. Maybe they are just shills for DJI. Who knows?
Save yourself a lot of grief and get a 3DR Solo.
SAY WHAT?? you should cruise on over to the Solo forum and see how you are liking that action. That Solo product has some really serious shortfalls and in no way stand in comparison to the P3. Rumor has it that customer service is good, but you can't fly customer service. :D:D

SAY WHAT?? you should cruise on over to the Solo forum and see how you are liking that action. That Solo product has some really serious shortfalls and in no way stand in comparison to the P3. Rumor has it that customer service is good, but you can't fly customer service. :D:D
If your Solo flies away, you have a log file on the controller. If it was not pilot error, they replace it (including the GoPro) even if it was not recovered. So yes, you can fly customer service! DJI says "Buy another one."

Grow up! Get a brain.... he is the one bragging about a collection of $100,000 cars.... get real...if you had that wealth - would you be bothered about a $1500 quad?

Many of us here could drop the money on a quad without a second thought, or a hiccup to the budget. Doesn't mean that we should have do so again if the craft malfunctions and *should* be replaced if a review of the flight logs indicates that it was not operator error.

Reactions: JohnK and syotr
Many of us here could drop the money on a quad without a second thought, or a hiccup to the budget. Doesn't mean that we should have do so again if the craft malfunctions and *should* be replaced if a review of the flight logs indicates that it was not operator error.
I don't want to get into a long debate...My opinion is that the poster is not being totally genuine. Flying for 2.5 months....no mention of how long the desire to get any quad.....then he registers to make one post blaming DJI for the problem. During which we are told he has a collection of 100,000euro (each) cars. The only guy I see bragging about is wealth is Mayweather!
Granted just because there may be wealth does not mean he wants to blow a grand...but knock it about as much as you want... Why the need to tell us he is mega rich? There are posts about quads having bird strikes or for other reasons dropping into water from higher than 50 feet....they have been dried out and get back in the air....no mention he even tried ..it's just my opinion, does not sound genuine. It's not an accusation...its an opinion.
End of.... For me anyway.

Reactions: Pulsar747n and atki
I tried all that. I offered to send them the craft, flight log, everything. They were not interested. Their response was to buy a new one. Thanks for the suggestion, they won't cooperate.

This post right here says it all.

Wow how much of this could have been avoided with the flight log. Geez. I don't know why that isn't the first thing that people do when they have a problem (if it's possible to recover a log), considering how many helpful and knowledgable people there are who respond very generously to information.

Post the log ... serious people will give you serious feedback. They always do. I'm not necessarily a DJI "fanboy" (although I do love my P3), but this site has helped me, even with the snark, sarcasm, and lack of empathy one sometimes encounters.

Last edited:
I don't want to get into a long debate...My opinion is that the poster is not being totally genuine. Flying for 2.5 months....no mention of how long the desire to get any quad.....then he registers to make one post blaming DJI for the problem. During which we are told he has a collection of 100,000euro (each) cars. The only guy I see bragging about is wealth is Mayweather!
Granted just because there may be wealth does not mean he wants to blow a grand...but knock it about as much as you want... Why the need to tell us he is mega rich? There are posts about quads having bird strikes or for other reasons dropping into water from higher than 50 feet....they have been dried out and get back in the air....no mention he even tried ..it's just my opinion, does not sound genuine. It's not an accusation...its an opinion.

Yeah, he might be full of ****, in fact probably is. Comment was more directed to the demeanor of people here belittling those of means. Not sure if you were one of them or not.

Many new users only find these forums after they have had a problem. Considering the rude response from several folks here, it is no wonder that he has not returned.

I have been flying my phantom 3 professional for 2 1/2 months and loved it. Two weeks ago hovering over my home it started doing uncontrolled gimbal movements and then yawing uncontrollably. It then dropped straight down into my pool from approx 50 feet. The craft was completely ruined according to the dealer who inspected it. Service response was horrible. They refused to accept that it was a product malfunction. They offered to sell me a new one. NO THANKS!! I will buy another drone for photography, but I will never buy from DJI again.

Sorry for your loss. If you have money, resources, and the motivation perhaps you could bring it to DJI's attention that their customer service needs improvement? I don't know exactly what you would do, but when consumers make a fuss about something loud enough, eventually big companies take notice, if they are getting bad publicity. Just a thought.

syotr: That's certainly possible. Too bad ... the logs could have been revealing and helpful to others, esp if he were to run the .txt files over at HealthyDrone.

Reactions: Quadcopter102
I had a friend buy a brand new Mercedes . It was in the shop 9 months the first year. Mercedes suck and would not compensate the buyer. He was also a doctor not that that means anything. If you can afford those types of cars what's 1000 bucks.
I, my friend, just like you, work hard for my money. DJI is valued at 8 billion dollars by the way.That is my point exactly. If they make that kind of money, why not back up your product. Until they do, DJI sycophants, like you, will continue to to abused by this company. If I want to give away $1000 of my hard earned dollars, I give it a children's charity which I sponsor. So next time keep your personal attacks to yourself, pal.

Talk to DJI in your region, not your dealer then. Clearly your dealer is too lazy and inept to satisfy a customer. DJI doesn't ignore this stuff if it is legit, you just have to wait. Buy a replacement while you wait, sell the replacement or keep it for the next dip.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Thank you for the advice. I will keep trying. And you are right, my dealer has been very lazy and unwilling to really get involved. Maybe they are afraid of some type of reprisal by DJI.
Thanks again

Sorry for your loss. If you have money, resources, and the motivation perhaps you could bring it to DJI's attention that their customer service needs improvement? I don't know exactly what you would do, but when consumers make a fuss about something loud enough, eventually big companies take notice, if they are getting bad publicity. Just a thought.
Sorry i clicked the wrong button. I marked your comment as unlike, but infact it is very useful. I will continue trying. Thanks again.

Many new users only find these forums after they have had a problem. Considering the rude response from several folks here, it is no wonder that he has not returned.

I think you might need to reread the thread. If you are seeking sympathy or advice you need to come with the right attitude, after a few posts its pretty obvious Orlando did not do this.

Reactions: swoopair
I have reread the thread. I think his attitude was a response to those who immediately accused him of lying and suggested he should accept that things fail and just buy another one.
Also, I don't think DJI should not have to replace a faulty product because of the user's income.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20