Uncontrolled descent

I have reread the thread. I think his attitude was a response to those who immediately accused him of lying and suggested he should accept that things fail and just buy another one.
Also, I don't think DJI should not have to replace a faulty product because of the user's income.

I dont think anyone accused him of lying (at that point), it was just a statement by Kreso that seemed quite decent and with good intent and Orlando replies with sarcasm thanking him for his useless reply and bragging about owning several 100000 euro cars. That sort of attitude will never ingratiate a person looking for help/sympathy with most people in life and thats why things went downhill for Orlando.

But lets move on from this, Orlando can post his flight logs and we can deduct what actually happened.

I'd love to know how many first-time posters come on and blame DJI? Folks have been rude certainly in their responses, but the OP was asked to post up his logs so others with vastly more experience could have a look and try to see what happened, but that hasn't happened yet.

I've lost two quads in water and guess what? Analysis in BOTH cases proved they were my fault - or at least not DJI's fault. Maybe asking forum users for help instead of shouting about not buying another DJI product would help. I'm not saying that DJI products are faultless, but they do sell a huge amount of quads, and the failure rate cannot be 0.

However, what is the point of the OPs post? To tell us that he's not buying another quad from DJI? He registers on a forum and his first post shouts about not buying from DJI again. Well, why come on here and post that? Who cares?

Now if he had come on here and asked for help, guess what? I bet he would have received it in spade fulls, like many, many of us have done before, me included. But the tone of the original post leaves me feeling a lot like this is a hopeless case.

I'm sure there will be those who will attack this response, but honestly, wouldn't it be better to try to find out what actually happened by log analysis and a sort of scientific approach instead of blowing off like a spoiled child. But that's just my opinion.

I'd love to know how many first-time posters come on and blame DJI? Folks have been rude certainly in their responses, but the OP was asked to post up his logs so others with vastly more experience could have a look and try to see what happened, but that hasn't happened yet.

I've lost two quads in water and guess what? Analysis in BOTH cases proved they were my fault - or at least not DJI's fault. Maybe asking forum users for help instead of shouting about not buying another DJI product would help. I'm not saying that DJI products are faultless, but they do sell a huge amount of quads, and the failure rate cannot be 0.

However, what is the point of the OPs post? To tell us that he's not buying another quad from DJI? He registers on a forum and his first post shouts about not buying from DJI again. Well, why come on here and post that? Who cares?

Now if he had come on here and asked for help, guess what? I bet he would have received it in spade fulls, like many, many of us have done before, me included. But the tone of the original post leaves me feeling a lot like this is a hopeless case.

I'm sure there will be those who will attack this response, but honestly, wouldn't it be better to try to find out what actually happened by log analysis and a sort of scientific approach instead of blowing off like a spoiled child. But that's just my opinion.

This is exactly why he got the attitude he got. Theres so many ways to analyse what happened, if not the flight log on here then DJI would want the p3 returned to them to pull the flight log off the board. The fact that Orlando deals with the reseller and then makes an account on here and posts that before actually contacting DJI direct is baffling to say the least.

I think it is important to complain about product failures and especially poor service. This serves to warn potential buyers and new users about what to expect from a company and it also encourages the company to improve the product and service.

I think it is important to complain about product failures and especially poor service. This serves to warn potential buyers and new users about what to expect from a company and it also encourages the company to improve the product and service.

Before contacting the actual company? From what I can tell it seems Orlando only dealt with an unhelpful dealer and then comes here and complains and wont ever buy another dji product etc BEFORE contacting DJI directly.

Also if you come to a site like this (where people can help) you might want to post the flight records while you're complaining, gives an account of what happened a lot more credence.

We're all here to help. I have been both the giver and receiver of assistance to/from fellow flyers. However, I still can't work out why OP posted on here. Just because?

We all get in a rage from time to time, but the original post offers little to this forum. even the title 'Uncontrolled Descent' is misleading. Why says it was uncontrolled? There is no evidence that it was, just the OP's opinion. Like many others have posted on here (and will again) - show the video or it didn't happen. Or in this case, the flight logs.

Reactions: JohnK
I've lost two quads in water and guess what? Analysis in BOTH cases proved they were my fault - or at least not DJI's fault.

Did you post the stories behind these water losses? I fly over water VERY often and would certainly like to hear ways to maximize my safety!!

Like I say, he makes a new account and posts on here to complain BEFORE actually contacting DJI to give them a chance to help.

I mean, he's apparently an educated and wealthy man yet he doesn't seem to understand the simple process one follows when confronted with a supposedly faulty device.

Did you post the stories behind these water losses? I fly over water VERY often and would certainly like to hear ways to maximize my safety!!

Yes I did. But I've been a member on here for over 2 years.

The first incident was with a phantom 1 with a gopro attached. I had a small crash into an old castle beside a river and it fell to the ground from about 10m - 30'. I recovered it and sent it off again, but it threw a prop off. I must not have, no let me correct that, I DID not inspect it properly after the crash. If fell into the sea/river never to be seen again. I did, however recover the gopro, or rather some nice mussel fishermen did. The footage is on my channel, details in my signature.

The second loss was into a reservoir. Thanks to the kind people on here, we were able to analyse exactly what happened to my V+. Turns out it got affected by magnetic interference. But there were a number of posts on that thread before we established exactly what happened.

Remember, the phantom doesn't know it's over water; only the operator does. And in my opinion, the best shots are taken over water.

Remember, the phantom doesn't know it's over water; only the operator does. And in my opinion, the best shots are taken over water.

Agreed. I fly over the Hudson River here in NY all the time, and I simply can't wait for the fall foliage season to begin. It should be spectacular. Thanks for the reply - much appreciated!!

Reactions: happydays
cf dex in air.jpg
I fly over water VERY often and would certainly like to hear ways to maximize my safety!!
Here is my solution:

Reactions: Orlando
You know what... I just love "Bun Fights" like this thread

It makes me smile at life :cool:

It's clearly the fault of the swimming pool builder. Go after them for building the pool that destroyed your Phantom. Duh!

Reactions: happydays

I for one would not fault your post...it says what most of us felt/ feel about those who do just as Orlando did ...have an issue and rant about DJI.
I guess my posts are not as gentle as yours sir, but for my part...it's like standing in a bar trying to reason with a drunk....they just do not listen or heed advice. Orlando claims to be a "bone doctor". Having been under the knife of such a man, I don't see the calm, logical, procedural person of a surgeon in Orlando.
If proof surfaces and exonerates the guy..I will be the first to throw in an apology for my disbelief.

Reactions: Pulsar747n
Many new users only find these forums after they have had a problem. Considering the rude response from several folks here, it is no wonder that he has not returned.

Yeah, that's it. You hit tue nail on the head. THAT'S the reason he didn't come back.

Hilarious.

I, my friend, just like you, work hard for my money. DJI is valued at 8 billion dollars by the way.That is my point exactly. If they make that kind of money, why not back up your product. Until they do, DJI sycophants, like you, will continue to to abused by this company. If I want to give away $1000 of my hard earned dollars, I give it a children's charity which I sponsor. So next time keep your personal attacks to yourself, pal.

Is anyone actually taking this guy seriously? Come on, guys! Smarten up. He makes all of these claims without a shred of evidence. Not only that, but he comes around acting like hes so much better than everyone??!

Guys, this guy is a fraud. Yeah, maybe he crashed his copter, but that probably the only truthful word he has spoken.

Is anyone actually taking this guy seriously? Come on, guys! Smarten up. He makes all of these claims without a shred of evidence. Not only that, but he comes around acting like hes so much better than everyone??!

Guys, this guy is a fraud. Yeah, maybe he crashed his copter, but that probably the only truthful word he has spoken.

I agree.....but I got some stick over my posts in reply to this guy....he got folks sympathy for the ...alleged loss....of a P3 and then set about a rant over DJI!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20