Uncontrolled descent

Reaction score
I have been flying my phantom 3 professional for 2 1/2 months and loved it. Two weeks ago hovering over my home it started doing uncontrolled gimbal movements and then yawing uncontrollably. It then dropped straight down into my pool from approx 50 feet. The craft was completely ruined according to the dealer who inspected it. Service response was horrible. They refused to accept that it was a product malfunction. They offered to sell me a new one. NO THANKS!! I will buy another drone for photography, but I will never buy from DJI again.

I wanted to make an addendum to my but am not sure how to do it. This is the first time I ever posted anything to any forum. I mistakenly came here thinking this was a place to exchange ideas and obtain advice. Obviously I was wrong. With a few notable exceptions, it is obvious that this forum' s sole purpose is to glorify DJI. I did not bring up the expensive cars, it was a response to a
comment that this was obviously pilot error and that even expensive autos break down. If you take umbrage at my income level, too bad. Yes I am very smart and work very hard. If that bothers you, I am sorry you are stupid and poor.

So I will leave all of you to worship at the DJI altar. But guess what, you are worshiping a cheap little chinese toy. And no, I won't be coming back so don't bother to make any comments. I've made mine.

Last edited:
I have been flying my phantom 3 professional for 2 1/2 months and loved it. Two weeks ago hovering over my home it started doing uncontrolled gimbal movements and then yawing uncontrollably. It then dropped straight down into my pool from approx 50 feet. The craft was completely ruined according to the dealer who inspected it. Service response was horrible. They refused to accept that it was a product malfunction. They offered to sell me a new one. NO THANKS!! I will buy another drone for photography, but I will never buy from DJI again.
If you supply the flight record and log file proving what you claim to have happened actually did, they will give you a new one. There are several accounts of replacement P3s when there is evidence of malfunction (which can only be found in the flight log)

If you supply the flight record and log file proving what you claim to have happened actually did, they will give you a new one. There are several accounts of replacement P3s when there is evidence of malfunction (which can only be found in the flight log)
I tried all that. I offered to send them the craft, flight log, everything. They were not interested. Their response was to buy a new one. Thanks for the suggestion, they won't cooperate.

Reactions: Joao Carlos
Sorry about your loss, but this things happen. I have my few days almost 40 flights and 150 km flown. It just works! We all accepted this scenario of falling from the sky when buying a drone.

Also many users will crash it and then blame DJI. As i like to say, 100000 EUR cars have malifunctions and a 1000 Eur drone, made in China with awesome features for the price can have some also. You can try other manufacturers but i consider none of them offers same as DJI

I think Phantom 4 should have a parachute as standard, that would make package complete in case of failure.
If the error was mine I would have accepted it. I build and fly 250 racing drones and when i was learning i fly i flew a brand new one right into a deep weed field and never found it. No problem, it was my fault. This was not my fault and a responsible company would man up and replace it. I own several 100000 EUR cars( i am an orthopedic surgeon) and guess what, when they malfunction the company, Mercedes Benz, responds. Thanks for the useless reply

And you're not creative enough frankly. Write them a demand letter and if they still refuse then sue them in small claims court. Keep the email about them refusing to even look at the flight records. Sure, it shouldn't have to be this difficult but you do what you have to to protect your interests.

Well if you can afford 'several' 100,000 euro cars, then 1000 euros is just a drop in the ocean (or pool)

Perhaps he could splash out on a new one then, eh?

Well if you can afford 'several' 100,000 euro cars, then 1000 euros is just a drop in the ocean (or pool)
yes it is ,
Perhaps he could splash out on a new one then, eh?
Please try to be a bit more creative with the replies

Reactions: italiandrone
And you're not creative enough frankly. Write them a demand letter and if they still refuse then sue them in small claims court. Keep the email about them refusing to even look at the flight records. Sure, it shouldn't have to be this difficult but you do what you have to to protect your interests.
Thank you I still haven't given up. Very frustrating I was very happy with my Phantom 3 had some great videos of my kids birthday party

If i had somuch money i would rather buy a new drone than complain on Internet...
already did, thanks for the useless comment, it i wrote comments like this perhaps i would spend less time on the computer and go back to school and get my high school graduation equivalent.

already did, thanks for the useless comment, it i wrote comments like this perhaps i would spend less time on the computer and go back to school and get my high school graduation equivalent.
image.jpg

Cool! Do they teach punctuation too?

Good luck with your claim and welcome to the Forum!

Reactions: dirkclod
I had a friend buy a brand new Mercedes . It was in the shop 9 months the first year. Mercedes suck and would not compensate the buyer. He was also a doctor not that that means anything. If you can afford those types of cars what's 1000 bucks.

I tried all that. I offered to send them the craft, flight log, everything. They were not interested. Their response was to buy a new one. Thanks for the suggestion, they won't cooperate.
Talk to DJI in your region, not your dealer then. Clearly your dealer is too lazy and inept to satisfy a customer. DJI doesn't ignore this stuff if it is legit, you just have to wait. Buy a replacement while you wait, sell the replacement or keep it for the next dip.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fplvert
If the error was mine I would have accepted it. I build and fly 250 racing drones and when i was learning i fly i flew a brand new one right into a deep weed field and never found it. No problem, it was my fault. This was not my fault and a responsible company would man up and replace it. I own several 100000 EUR cars( i am an orthopedic surgeon) and guess what, when they malfunction the company, Mercedes Benz, responds. Thanks for the useless reply
Gosh, so rich and moaning about ..what to you must be....loose change! With you claimed wealth I would not even waste time trying to get a free replacement....buy three and use as needed!
Any chance you could check out my Tib and fib still not right after a parachute accident?

Reactions: atki and Louis_Eng
Gosh, so rich and moaning about ..what to you must be....loose change! With you claimed wealth I would not even waste time trying to get a free replacement....buy three and use as needed!
Any chance you could check out my Tib and fib still not right after a parachute accident?
His financial status has not one **** thing to do with this.If some of you are poor, should you guys get your P3 for less. Grow up.

Seven posts since you joined today, and all them "bleating about your P3"... where have you been for the two previous months. Certainly not here on the forum. I have to say and I realize that some may think tis is callous remark .. Grow a set of balls and take your bleating else where... coz your doing my head in.

That's better.........

The fan boys here do not like to hear that their expensive toy can fail or that DJI service sucks. Any time you post such issues, they will always try to blame the pilot or tell you to just suck it up and buy a new one. Maybe they are just shills for DJI. Who knows?
Save yourself a lot of grief and get a 3DR Solo.

Reactions: TacAir42
maybe post the logs on here for people to see? I have seen problem threads on here get good results from doing this and letting the boffins that lurk about phantom pilots do what they do best.

You mention flying over your house, i can imagine that if you own a phantom that you also have lots of other technology in your house that may have interfered. Bluetooth, WiFi etc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic