Taking the next step ( mods galore ) update 3/25/15!

apparently it says 'the tilt sensitivity must be set to 0' I don't see where this is done.
Well I have the RPG and don't see that . J Dot has what you got though I think and will make sure he see's this.

apparently the instructions say 'the tilt sensitivity must be set to 0' I don't see where to do that on the screen shot that you showed.

apparently the instructions say 'the tilt sensitivity must be set to 0' I don't see where to do that on the screen shot that you showed.
The only place to put that in that shot would be at the bottom where I have mine set at 5 .

The only place to put that in that shot would be at the bottom where I have mine set at 5 .
OK ..I just went back and read some . He said he set his Pitch and Roll setting's to 0 and that's above where I have gimbal speed set at 5 jumper.

This is what I' talking about dirk.

Yeah, figured it out...:D

I overlooked step 6 in the all infamous "Installation instructions for use" :eek:

It reads "Tilt sensitivity must be set to 0" and it has a rather bad picture of the NAZA M gimbal setup in the RC assistant...:p

The default in my software was at 30 for bith, so I set the pitch and roll to 0, and voila, it worked, really amazing :). I only had a few minutes left in either battery, and it is already dark outside, so I have a few minutes of footage outside the office window looking in. It is SMOOOOOTH, let me tell you. All the frustration of the last 24 hours gone in a blink.

Thank you for recommending this gimbal, and more importantly, racking your brain to try to figure another "pilot's" problem out.

THANK YOU!

More footage to follow in the next few days.

This is what I' talking about dirk.
In that screenshot I put up they are set at 20.00 there . Change em to 0 and see what happens . Ya always go change em back !

Reactions: Intruder101
In that screenshot I put up they are set at 20.00 there . Change em to 0 and see what happens . Ya always go change em back !
Sorry, I was gone for a while. Just now saw the posts...

Dirk, that is exactly the fields I had to change. The poorly written manual page talks sensitivity, but it is in fact the automatic control gain in the NAZA M setting.

Jumper, I tried to load the asssistant onto my IPad but it doesnt want to work for some reason. So I am ot sure why it isn't showing up on your screen. Are you running the Phantom Vision assistant? I heard before the Phantom Assistant doesnt have these settings...

Just a thought.

Thanks foe helping out, Dirk.

Reactions: dirkclod
Intruder:

On my Mac the default is 20.00, I changed it to 0 but there was no change so I changed it back to 20.00 again.

Once I power on the Phantom the camera rolls to pointing down and I nudge the left hand thumb wheel back up until the camera is level. It seems to work if I rock the Phantom around a bit by hand then the camera looks rather steady. Once I launch the whole gimbal camera assembly shakes and passes that on to the Phantom. I took a fast vid of the take off and it is simply horrible to watch.

I checked the jello balls and they are all ok so I am at a loss as to why it shakes so bad once airborne.

Jumber my camera points down when I power up but just use the wheel at the same time and it stays up.
Almost sounds like your bird is at fault . Have you tried another set of prop's with it ?

Intruder:

On my Mac the default is 20.00, I changed it to 0 but there was no change so I changed it back to 20.00 again.

Once I power on the Phantom the camera rolls to pointing down and I nudge the left hand thumb wheel back up until the camera is level. It seems to work if I rock the Phantom around a bit by hand then the camera looks rather steady. Once I launch the whole gimbal camera assembly shakes and passes that on to the Phantom. I took a fast vid of the take off and it is simply horrible to watch.

I checked the jello balls and they are all ok so I am at a loss as to why it shakes so bad once airborne.
Hey Jumper,

The pointing straight down is what mine does now, too. It just started a week or so ago. @J Dot also has the same phenomenon, so I am thinking it's a software issue that may be fixed in the future.

To the settings, the gimbal overcompensated while the numbers were at 30. It did much of what you are describing. I had to set them to 0. And when you do that, make sure you hit enter after putting the numbers in. Not trying to insult you, but some do not realize just entering the numbers will not make the software accept the value untill you hint enter after each change.

Even now the gimbal sometimes doesn't know what it's doing (so I have the feeling) it twitches and shakes. after start up. I shut the bird down and restart then it's all good.

I'm curious to see some footage of the behavior you are mentioning.

Jumber my camera points down when I power up but just use the wheel at the same time and it stays up.
Almost sounds like your bird is at fault . Have you tried another set of prop's with it ?
Re-reading Jumper's post I believe you are right. I wonder if he changed to load and install and mounting location values somewhere...

Re-reading Jumper's post I believe you are right. I wonder if he changed to load and install and mounting location values somewhere...
Could he not just put all back to default and redo what he needs to ?

OK, I'll start from scratch.

My Phantom 2 Vision is/was all stock and flew like a dream with maybe 75-100 flights. I took it out in the morning and flew two batteries then on the way home I stopped at the Post Office and picked up the new gimbal and installed it. It was actually pretty simple to install.

This is a quick and dirty vid of how bad it shakes in flight. The jello balls are all fine and I took everything off and reinstalled it to make sure all was tight etc. I doubt very much if it is the aircraft as I can watch the gimbal and camera shake which, of course, passes that vibration on to the aircraft.

Before launch the gimbal works as one would expect if I hold the Phantom and tip it around the gimbal seems free and able to level the camera to a certain degree.

The only thing I changed in the software was the limits of up and down to 800 0 and 250 and I changed the other (sensitivity) from a default of 20 to 0.

I have noticed that there is some space at the front of the two CNC plates to let the jello balls absorb any motion but the back part of the two plates seem a lot closer together and the jello balls don't have very much travel.

I think my next option is to remove it completely and go back to stock and if the aircraft flies well again I'll contact the seller for a return of the gimbal.

OK, I'll start from scratch.

My Phantom 2 Vision is/was all stock and flew like a dream with maybe 75-100 flights. I took it out in the morning and flew two batteries then on the way home I stopped at the Post Office and picked up the new gimbal and installed it. It was actually pretty simple to install.

This is a quick and dirty vid of how bad it shakes in flight. The jello balls are all fine and I took everything off and reinstalled it to make sure all was tight etc. I doubt very much if it is the aircraft as I can watch the gimbal and camera shake which, of course, passes that vibration on to the aircraft.

Before launch the gimbal works as one would expect if I hold the Phantom and tip it around the gimbal seems free and able to level the camera to a certain degree.

The only thing I changed in the software was the limits of up and down to 800 0 and 250 and I changed the other (sensitivity) from a default of 20 to 0.

I have noticed that there is some space at the front of the two CNC plates to let the jello balls absorb any motion but the back part of the two plates seem a lot closer together and the jello balls don't have very much travel.

I think my next option is to remove it completely and go back to stock and if the aircraft flies well again I'll contact the seller for a return of the gimbal.

Woah, that is some weird vibrations... I can tell the bottom of the frame isn't shaking as bad as the top. That tells me that it seems to be coming from the roll motor off the gimbal. Maybe.

Did you "plug and play" or did you have to change some wiring?

Also, the space you mention... If the two plates are touching, you are transfering vibrations from the bird to the gimbal. It is then countering. That could be the weird behaviour. Here is a picture of the space on my bird:
image.jpg

OK, I'll start from scratch

I think my next option is to remove it completely and go back to stock and if the aircraft flies well again I'll contact the seller for a return of the gimbal

That is probably the last step we'll have to take to get you going.

Here is a close up of the gap of gimbal and wiring:

image.jpg

With travel, do you mean gap or freedom of movement?

I have virtually no movement while flying and the gap is pretty much the same front and back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj