Take off issue - crooked flight leading to minor crash - p3 pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I did my first flight today. I calibrated the compass and took off from nice even asphalt pavement. I did a few basic maneuvers and then landed with no issue.

I moved over to the center of a baseball diamond I wanted to film and photo from above. (In the app, the auto takeoff option did not appear for some reason - i didn't pay attention to that when I was flying).

I turned the Phantom 3 rotors on and pressed the throttle up. The UAV took off quickly and banked to the right only about 2 feet off the ground. I tried to land it and it flipped over and broke one of the props off. Now I have some dust and gravel in the unit. I got most out. I think it will be ok.

Any idea what went wrong on the second flight?

Was the controller accidently switched into Atti mode? Atti is in the center on the switch on the left side.

It's easy to have the switch move when you're putting it into the case. When you look at it, if it's in atti mode, most likely it's still there and it says atti mode on the app. Flying in atti will cause this if you're not prepared to fly it in atti or manual mode.

I don't think so because I had just taken off from the other spot a few minutes before. I just moved over, didn't put anything in the case or anything like that. Plus switch is in P mode now.

Reactions: Reed L
Upload your logs to healthy drones or watch your stick commands on your flight recorder details.
Could be compass skitzing out as you were still very low to the ground.

The first time I flew in atti, mine took the bank to the right as well, but I throttled up, held my right thumb to the left a bit and straightened it out. Then I flew for a while and my wife hand caught it for me because it was definitely wanting to go right if I took my hand off of the control. SO I needed both hands to fly smooth in atti because it would also dip. With the small beginner drones, the controller has trim adjustments that allow you to click it a couple of times to get it close. With my P3 there was no close... just manual flying and it was not for a beginner. Like many, I bought a cheap drone and ran it into the ground first learning how to fly. So I don't know if this was your problem but it's the same exact thing that happens to me in atti mode. Definitely check your logs

The first time I flew in atti, mine took the bank to the right as well, but I throttled up, held my right thumb to the left a bit and straightened it out. Then I flew for a while and my wife hand caught it for me because it was definitely wanting to go right if I took my hand off of the control. SO I needed both hands to fly smooth in atti because it would also dip. With the small beginner drones, the controller has trim adjustments that allow you to click it a couple of times to get it close. With my P3 there was no close... just manual flying and it was not for a beginner. Like many, I bought a cheap drone and ran it into the ground first learning how to fly. So I don't know if this was your problem but it's the same exact thing that happens to me in atti mode. Definitely check your logs

How do I find the logs?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers