Tablet choices - good screen

Is it also true that the shield can record on the tablet? Like it could record what your seeing on the screen with the Go app and it would have sound?
yes it can, and no sound.
but why do you want to record onto the tablet when it's all in the sd card in the phantom

I perform mobile testing. I have numerous OSes and devices. I hate Apple. Despise it, horrible for texting, horrible for email, horrible for browsing...
I'm interested in why you feel it's horrible for texting. As I understand iMessage, it is significantly more secure than SMS, will drop down to SMS if sending to a non Apple device, and has always worked just fine for me communicating all sorts of other devices.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

yes it can, and no sound.
but why do you want to record onto the tablet when it's all in the sd card in the phantom

Because I want sound.And please dont say why,because I just do:)
But if the Shield's recorder doesnt have sound then that sucks big time,I was going to purchase one but now I dont know

Recording with sound works fine.
Because I want sound.And please dont say why,because I just do:)
But if the Shield's recorder doesnt have sound then that sucks big time,I was going to purchase one but now I dont know

I thought you meant did it record the sound from the Phantom, not normal recording from the tablet, of course it records sound, so go ahead and get one, you will not regret it

I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything on this question do maybe someone can help. I've been using my iphone 6 for my P3a and it has performed flawlessly. My question is the battery life of the phone or tablets. After 2 approximately 20 minutes flights my phone is around 40% battery remaining (started at 100%) does this sound right? I know having the screen brightness all the way up is a big battery killer but necessary. My intention was to upgrade my phone and keep this one just for the Phantom but now I'm not so sure. How many flights do you guys get out of your devices?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Here is a helpful hint one of my drone nerds told me about. He too, is a photo drone guy and video is his specialty. He told me he has found the best deals on Ipad Mini 2,3, and 4s have been at pawn shops. Hmmmmm Fly Well My Friends.

I have a Shield and a iPad Pro....the Pro I can use in the bright TX sun without a sunshade and see just fine.....so it is now my first go to device (it is also a Verizon one so I have GPS on it :) )

I have a Shield and a iPad Pro....the Pro I can use in the bright TX sun without a sunshade and see just fine.....so it is now my first go to device (it is also a Verizon one so I have GPS on it :) )

It also comes down to what you want to spend.Shield about 200, ipad pro about 550 and up I think

I've had a xiaomi android tablet and now an iPad mini 4. Very happy with the iPad

Hi guys,

This question is really aimed at those pilots that have tried several tablets on their Phantoms.

I have an P3 Advance and have just used my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 tablet. Screen was not too bad in the bright light, but there was definite stuttering in the video feed. I believe the problem is in the tablet processing.

So, am looking at getting a different tablet

I am looking for something with pretty good viewing in bright light (will use hood) and no stuttering.

Have bought an iPad mini 3 64gb cellular, but haven't tried it yet (bad weather)

Also looking at maybe going for a Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 or an iPad Air 2.

So of these, which would be best? Or something else that will fit the bill?

After bright screen (main requirement) and no/minimal stuttering (secondary rewuirement)

TIA

Sent from my SM-T805Y using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi guys,

This question is really aimed at those pilots that have tried several tablets on their Phantoms.

I have an P3 Advance and have just used my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 tablet. Screen was not too bad in the bright light, but there was definite stuttering in the video feed. I believe the problem is in the tablet processing.

I am looking for something with pretty good viewing in bright light (will use hood) and no stuttering.

Have bought an iPad mini 3 64gb cellular, but haven't tried it yet (bad weather)

After bright screen (main requirement) and no/minimal stuttering (secondary rewuirement)

TIA

My Galaxy TAB E failed to connect after Android Os upgrade. A cumbersome but reliable work around was found

I have tried two Samsung Tablets. Neither is worth a crap for video. I am trying to stay on the android platform so I am thinking about the Nvadia K1 but they seem to be out of production. Fly Well My Friends
I got the Nvadia shield tablet, works very well, but bright sunny , you can forget trying to see the screen!

no comparison between apple and android when it comes to options. One is designed very easy, for elderly people and children, the other is designed for people that have general knowledge of PC's.
Itunes alone make it a terrible choice.
Agree 100 percent. How many rootred (jailbroken) ipharts do you see? Android is based on Linux, need I say more? IE UNIX, IE Bell Labs decades ago, not to mention open source.

Hi guys,

TIA

Please let us know what you decide and was it a good pic. I too have sam problem and looking and researching

Whatever you choose, is up to you, but don't try to cart your desktop around with a 27" monitor, car battery, and 10' foot pop up canopy... it's too heavy, and setup takes too long.
Lol, seriously, though, if you have Apple products at home and in the pocket, stick with Apple for less headache(more money), if you don't, try the Tab S2. I have an iPad Pro 9.7" 256GB, and a Tab S2 8"... Honest opinion, and only an opinion, not a fact, is that the iPad Pro is slightly better overall. The Tab S2 is more than adequate for the job. Now when it comes to playback and battery, out in the field, my preference is the iPad. When it comes to maximizing the bang for the buck... I'd choose the Tab S2 all day long.

From a windows fan that has no choice but choose between two lessor OS, and inferior tablets, all I can say is.....you can achieve the needed results with an Android tablet and save around $200. from any "compatible" IPad.
Money talks, BS walks.

I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything on this question do maybe someone can help. I've been using my iphone 6 for my P3a and it has performed flawlessly. My question is the battery life of the phone or tablets. After 2 approximately 20 minutes flights my phone is around 40% battery remaining (started at 100%) does this sound right? I know having the screen brightness all the way up is a big battery killer but necessary. My intention was to upgrade my phone and keep this one just for the Phantom but now I'm not so sure. How many flights do you guys get out of your devices?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes, it is a high drag on any device. The device I use to fly with has all sync settings disabled, but will use power at twice the normal rate during flight while recording.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj