Choppy Audio/Out of Sync Video on Facebook Live

Reaction score
Since DJI Go 3.1.5 on my Samsung Tab A any time I try to do a Facebook Live stream the audio is choppy, before 3.1.5 it was the other way around. Now I know others use the Tab A and while it is probably far from the first choice for flying your drone around it's still a pretty popular, inexpensive, tablet. Figured a quad-core CPU would be enough to push DJI go but all around it does seem that more people do have trouble with DJI Go on android. I've had other issues but was able to overcome them with trial and error.

I can provide links to the videos demonstrating the before and after the update...but I'm guessing I'm not supposed to per the forum rules? So I will skip that for now. Before the update last month the live feed video would be a bit choppy but the audio would be fine and now, the video is smooth but the audio is choppy. I do not believe it is a network issue with my hotspot or an interference issue.

So my thinking is that the Samsung Tab A is under powered for what I am doing. Normal flight, it is usually ok but I do at times experience lag and slow frame at, other times it is pretty good, but probably not a smooth as it should be.

That all being said, moving to iOS. I will say that I've not owned any apple products but looks like am going to have to jump to the dark side and buy an iPad....but will be a on a budget. Looking at either the iPad Air 2 or the iPad mini 4 as they are about the same price...Air 2 sports 9.7" inch screen and a A8X CPU and the mini 4 is 8" inch screen with a 2nd gen A8 CPU. Screen size is less of an issue over CPU power, seems both models are about the same in price but which of the two is faster? Any owners here using any of the mentioned devices and any feedback would be great.

On the other hand my other option would be to get the HDMI module and carry around a TV and aux batteries...I have considered that option but...I think I might not enjoy the task of carrying extra equipment around all the time.

Mostly just looking for opinions and feedback from anyone on terms of performance as well as issues anyone has had with Facebook Live... Haven't tried YouTube or other platforms yet, but might be something to check... likewise I'd rather not have to whip out my laptop or switch apps to post links all over the place either.

Thanks

From the little I know, FB streaming just uses the normal FB app but injects the video feed into it instead of what the camera on your device would show. Issues around speed and choppiness may simply be down to conditions around you at the time such as interference, internet speed etc

Easiest way I can see is to use FB streaming with the camera on your device and see what sort of result you get.

How do u get the map on samsung tab 4 to rotate with the controler? Mine only stays one direction and does not move. Shows the drone fine and moves like it should showing where drone is but never rotates the map in direction i turn to. Any ideas? As far as streaming on face book live, it works great as long as it has great wifi access. 4 bars ir more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik