Most effective screen mirroring

Keh

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I am looking for the most effective way to project what the Phantom 4 is seeing onto a device which isn't connected to the RC in real time. At my disposal I currently have an IPad mini, a Samsung Galaxy s5 and a laptop running Windows 8.1 but am prepared to purchase another device, I am thinking another tablet.

Ideally, I fly the drone using the IPad (DJI GO app) while others can watch on a separate handheld device connected wirelessly. Resolution and smooth playback are important. What would be the best way to achieve this; buying another Apple tablet and using something like Airplay to mirror the screen? If so which device and would this process interfere with the RC connection or image transmission from the drone?

An alternative would be to fly the quad using the Galaxy s5 and finding a way to stream to the IPad (which I have researched and apparently is possible), does anybody have any experience with a similar method?

Sorry about the long post, I've done some research and it seems there are many ways to do this but I am looking for the one which will not affect drone performance and provide uninterrupted playback.

Thanks!

Try periscope, it's free and can be viewed anywhere in the world. There is almost 0 lag. It will only show what the drone camera sees and hear sound from your phone/tablet. Could be a good option for you without buying another device

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Keh
Try periscope, it's free and can be viewed anywhere in the world. There is almost 0 lag. It will only show what the drone camera sees and hear sound from your phone/tablet. Could be a good option for you without buying another device

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thumbs up on using Periscope. It works well for live streaming video - on iOS. Unfortunately, for me, it's still only capable of live streaming on iOS. The app itself IS available on both Android and iOS.

Thanks! I've had a bit of a look into Periscope and it looks like a good idea, unfortunately I've only got the one Apple device atm so it would only work streaming from the iPad not to it. Also, apparently all that is visible to both the pilot and other device is the footage, not the DJI app which could be problematic when flying in terms of knowing altitude, battery life etc...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers