P3 Pro Tablet that will work.

I hope I don't need a SIM card to use it as it will be dedicated for the P3 pro. I do have a couple of sim cards from old phones but I know nothing about sim cards other than they're used in mobile phones.
The Lenovo is listed as having dual sim cards. Hopefully it comes with them.

I have used 4 different android devices with my P3P. All Samsung, two phones, an S6 edge and an S8, two tablets, an old Galaxy note 8.0 and a tab S3. I haven't changed the USB settings from the default on any of them and they all work perfectly fine. The galaxy note 8.0 has 2 gig ram, the s6 has 3 gig, and the s8 and tab s3 have 4 gig ram.

Last edited:
I hope I don't need a SIM card to use it as it will be dedicated for the P3 pro. I do have a couple of sim cards from old phones but I know nothing about sim cards other than they're used in mobile phones.
The Lenovo is listed as having dual sim cards. Hopefully it comes with them.
You don't need sim card for gps. Those are completely different. Sim cards are used for internet connection.

No you don't need a SIM, they're only for using it as a phone, connecting to mobile provider. You need GPS if you're going to use such things as the Intelligent Flight Mode (which I cannot get working).

I'll be interested to know how well the Tab 4 performs RCP1, especially whether you get smooth video feed when panning the camera! If it's smooth I will probably update from my Tab 3.

Last edited:
I have used 4 different android devices with my P3P. All Samsung, two phones, an S6 edge and an S8, two tablets, an old Galaxy note 8.0 and a tab S3. I haven't changed the USB settings from the default on any of them and they all work perfectly fine. The galaxy note 8.0 has 2 gig ram, the s6 has 3 gig, and the s8 and tab s3 have 4 gig ram.
You're one lucky guy. I've spent hours trying to get my Samsung devices working. They're running Android 8.1 and 9.0 so that may be a problem.

You don't need sim card for gps. Those are completely different. Sim cards are used for internet connection.
No you don't need a SIM, they're only for using it as a phone, connecting to mobile provider. You need GPS if you're going to use such things as the Intelligent Flight Mode (which I cannot get working).

Well that makes me feel better.
I'm not one for the Intelligent Flight Modes myself. I see no use for Follow Me other than to crash my P3 ;) Thanks.

You're one lucky guy. I've spent hours trying to get my Samsung devices working. They're running Android 8.1 and 9.0 so that may be a problem.
My s8 and tab s3 are running 8.0, the s6 is 7.0 and the note 8.0 is 4.4.3. No issues with any version

I fly with a Galaxy S8 (OS 8.0) and Galaxy Tab S4 (OS 8.1). Never had any problems with either.

I've flown a P3S with my S8 and P3P with Tab S4.
My P3 Standard will connect with all my Android devices wirelessly. It's the P3 Pro with the USB connection that's giving me a hard time. The Tab S4 runs OREO 8.1 same as my Tab A. This is just strange.
Thanks!

the iPad 2 or 2 mini will work with the latest version of Dji Go (3.5.0?) ANY advice on any other cheap tablets that's going to work would be greatly appreciated.
the ipad 2 is too old and doesnt work it onlky has a a5 processor. Mini 2 works but just enuf its getting too old already.

Last edited:
wait what?? the old ipad 2 works now all of a sudden? if thats true maybe i dont need to replace my mini 2 as i was thinking
I think there was a miscommunication somewhere the iPad 2 is referring to iPad Air 2, which is the same specs as iPad Mini 4.

I think there was a miscommunication somewhere the iPad 2 is referring to iPad Air 2, which is the same specs as iPad Mini 4.
well he said ipad 2 and the link he posted is for an ipad 2 so i assumed he meant ipad 2. my bad?
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-M...1-4&keywords=iPad+Mini+2&tag=phantompilots-20

Can somebody PLEASE tell me if the Mac iPad 2 or 2 mini or 3 will work with Dji Go for the P3 Pro?
Msinger. Is this iPad 2 up to specs to run the dji go3 app?

wait what?? the old ipad 2 works now all of a sudden? if thats true maybe i dont need to replace my mini 2 as i was thinking
No, this is not true. I read that as iPad Mini 2...

@RCP1, the iPad 2 from 2011 is not compatible with DJI GO. It only has an A5 processor. You need an Apple device with at least an A7 processor. Only use the Apple devices from this list.

Hey all. I just bought a Lenovo Tab 4, 8" Android Tablet, Quad-Core Processor, 1.4GHz, 16GB Storage from Amazon for $100 delivered tomorrow.
It's rated very high on this LIST. Fingers crossed and wish me luck!
I want to thank you all for all the help and for the kindness you treated a new member with. I really like this forum.
I'll let you guys know how I make out.
Thanks again for everything.
Rob.
Not sure why you say it's rated very highly on the list RCP1, it's just mentioned but with no coloured dots against it (recommendations)!
I hope it works well for you as I'm looking to change my mo nitro.
Please let me know how ell it handles the video when you pan the camera, rotate the aircraft. On my Lenovo it's very jerky!

it's just mentioned but with no coloured dots against it
The lack of colored dots means DJI does not support it for DJI GO or DJI GO 4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20