P3 Pro Tablet that will work.

Reaction score
Hi all. I hope I posted this in the correct forum. I got my P3 Pro today and I think I lucked out. It looks brand new and the battery only has one charge on it. I had to plug it in my P3 Standard to find out. The problem is that I've been flying my P3 Standard on my Galaxy Tab A 2017 tablet over wi-fi for a year and a half but I've been screwing around and doing research for over 3 hours but I don't think any of my 4 android devices are compatible. Two Galaxy Tab A's and new Galaxy S9 and an old LG phone. I keep getting the error message "can not receive data from device" or something like that. All Androids are set in File Transfer mode (tried midi as well since it was suggested in a thread) but no luck.
Can somebody PLEASE tell me if the Mac iPad 2 or 2 mini or 3 will work with Dji Go for the P3 Pro? I've never owned a Mac but it seems the iPad 2 or 2 mini will work with the latest version of Dji Go (3.5.0?) ANY advice on any other cheap tablets that's going to work would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all.
Rob.

Do you have the usb cable from your I pad to the usb in the rear of the remote?

Yes sir. I used the USB A connection on the back of the TX not the micro. I believe that's correct.
Everytime I plug it in either my tablet starts charging or the TX starts charging because I get a popup that says to use the proper charger for faster charge times. As posted in my original thread I have the USB set for data transfer, not charging so I'm a bit confused about that too.
The Phantom fires up and the gimbal moves so the bird is connected to the TX (green lights on both) but not connecting to the app.
Thanks very much for the reply. I just want to buy a cheap tablet and be done with it.

Yes sir. I used the USB A connection on the back of the TX not the micro. I believe that's correct.
Everytime I plug it in either my tablet starts charging or the TX starts charging because I get a popup that says to use the proper charger for faster charge times. As posted in my original thread I have the USB set for data transfer, not charging so I'm a bit confused about that too.
The Phantom fores up and the gimbal moves so the bird is connected to the TX (green lights on both) but not connecting to the app.
Thanks very much for the reply. I just want to buy a cheap tablet and be done with it.

I purchased an I pad mini 4 from Walmart refurbished $279 (new sticker) on package & it is superb... Hope I didn't stir up a bee's nest now..

I purchased an I pad mini 4 from Walmart refurbished $279 (new sticker) on package & it is superb... Hope I didn't stir up a bee's nest now..
Not at all "Phantom2USA. I just don't want to pay more for the **** tablet than I paid for the AC ; )

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom2USA
This image says ios 8.0 or later is required. Since I know nothing about Mac if a device is upgradeable do I have to pay for the new OS or is it free like with my Androids?
What does IOS/Android version 2.7.1 mean? Is that the dji Go app version because my Android has the Dji Go version 3.50 app
Also does the tablet require GPS?
Thanks.
154400dwfgk4trdpdrdsdj.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using NVIDIA Shield with my P3P. Also use ASUS ZenPad S8. The NVIDIA is a gamers tablet and has the HDMI out for my goggles. Otherwise the ASUS works just fine.

Mrs. LarBear says I can have her old MyPad 10" but Apple stuff scares me.

This image says ios 8.0 or later is required. Since I know nothing about Mac if a device is upgradeable do I have to pay for the new OS or is it free like with my Androids?
What does IOS/Android version 2.7.1 mean? Is that the dji Go app version because my Android has the Dji Go version 3.50 app
Thanks.
154400dwfgk4trdpdrdsdj.jpg
All iPad models from 2015+ are IOS12 compatible, so you will be fine there. The OS are completely free so you are good there as well. I believe the 2.7.1 version is the minimum version of DJI Go app for those specific OS versions.

I've been using NVIDIA Shield with my P3P. Also use ASUS ZenPad S8. The NVIDIA is a gamers tablet and has the HDMI out for my goggles. Otherwise the ASUS works just fine.

Mrs. LarBear says I can have her old MyPad 10" but Apple stuff scares me.
As it should. They steal your soul.

Here we go again o_O
I thought one needed at least 2Gb of RAM for the DJI-GO program and even then it depends on the tablet/device - but I also believe that an Apple device is different? The iPad 2 only has 1Gb RAM.
I have a Lenovo 8" with 2Gb RAM and when panning during flight the picture is very jerky but the recording is fine, very smooth - am thinking of changing!

All Androids are set in File Transfer mode (tried midi as well since it was suggested in a thread) but no luck.
As posted in my original thread I have the USB set for data transfer, not charging so I'm a bit confused about that too.

The Androids have to be in charging mode to work. Before you go run out and buy a new tablet, figure out a way to make one of those work. Your problem is in the USB port configuration

No, but it's nice to have.

On an Android you might have to go into Development Mode and turn on USB Debugging to get the connection to work - I think - I had to

The Androids have to be in charging mode to work. Before you go run out and buy a new tablet, figure out a way to make one of those work. Your problem is in the USB port configuration
Wow. Thanks very much for all the replies guys. I'd rather stay with Android if possible only because I know Androids and have never owned a Mac anything.I do NOT want to spend a lot of money. Property taxes on home and shop are due and I just bought the P3Pro. umanbean, There are a lot of settings in Developer Options (spent a good 90 minutes in there). I tried both with and without USB Debugging turned on with no luck. My Tablet is fast just not compatible I guess.

If you guys that are having success with older (and not so expensive to buy today) tablets with the Dji Go3 app as LarBear360 and Cheddarman have done could you please post what you're using to give me an idea of what I'm up against. I have a mint P3 Pro here that I can't fly.
Thanks again for all the great information.
Rob.

I am using a Lenovo Tab 3 8" TB3-850F Android Quad Core 1.3Ghz 2 GB 16 GB tablet (cost me just £62, $80 here in the UK. The size is great and it works well. The only issue I have with it is that when I pan with the camera, rotate the drone, the picture on screen is a bit jerky, not smooth. The video from the SD card is perfect though so just an issue with the ability of the tablet to cope with the live stream.

I am using a Lenovo Tab 3 8" TB3-850F Android Quad Core 1.3Ghz 2 GB 16 GB tablet (cost me just £62, $80 here in the UK. The size is great and it works well. The only issue I have with it is that when I pan with the camera, rotate the drone, the picture on screen is a bit jerky, not smooth. The video from the SD card is perfect though so just an issue with the ability of the tablet to cope with the live stream.
Thank you very much! Please keep them coming guys.
I'm getting desperate :oops:

Hey all. I just bought a Lenovo Tab 4, 8" Android Tablet, Quad-Core Processor, 1.4GHz, 16GB Storage from Amazon for $100 delivered tomorrow.
It's rated very high on this LIST. Fingers crossed and wish me luck!
I want to thank you all for all the help and for the kindness you treated a new member with. I really like this forum.
I'll let you guys know how I make out.
Thanks again for everything.
Rob.

Well done RCP1. Hope it works out OK for you. Just as a matter of interest, how much RAM has it got??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20