Strange LED flashing signal

Reaction score
I recently got a new P2 V+V3 and although it survived several crashes (Beginner... :mrgreen: ), it's still flying.

I only got this LED signal I can nowhere find a meaning to it.

Sometimes it's green, green, green, red, red, red, red, red, red, red (the red very fast, green nnormal).

In the video below its green, yellow and then the crazy fast red flashes. Here it soon disappears because the copter looses GPS-Signal, but else this blinking pattern keeps going on the whole flight.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyffZ4Hb-fs[/youtube]

Anyone an idea what this could mean?? Is something broken? Everything seems to work just fine, even the camera.

Mogwai

It looks like you have less than 6 satellites.

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 571
i don't think so, as there are more than 3 red flashes... too bad it's too fast to be able to count them. And I thought I saw 6 or 7 Satellites on my App.

But will verify again, thanx.

The fast red blink pattern looks like the low voltage pattern -- or something voltage related. I've never seen anything like that myself.

There's no problem with the batteries according to the app (they are new as well, except the one that broke in my last crash :mrgreen: ). I also removed the cover of the phantom and checked all dhe cables, no one seemed loose. But as i'm not an electrician i might have missed something.

Check if you're in a restricted fly zone

Mako79 said:
Check if you're in a restricted fly zone

That's the case. I live about 5km away from an airport. But should there not only be a warning on the screen? With my first flight before the first crash i didn't have this silly red flashing. Just red and green LEDs without blinking.

I got A Flashing Sequence like that when I Failed to correctly complete my stick Cali and some of the midpoints ended up way out.

Sticks seemed ok when i checked them with the app. But i'll calibrate them this evening. Last time i checked the Phantom with the app it stated a mismatch of the Firmware and i had to update again, whyever that was...

Mogwai said:
That's the case. I live about 5km away from an airport. But should there not only be a warning on the screen? With my first flight before the first crash i didn't have this silly red flashing. Just red and green LEDs without blinking.

If you are in a restricted area that brings up the on-screen warning, you will also get the normal rear LED sequence followed by 5 red blinks. Afterwards it repeats between GPS status and the 5 red blink warning. The warning blinks continue as long as you remain within the restricted flight environment. Your video only showed the red blinks once and they did not appear to be the normal set of 5 distinct red flashes. Rather it appears more a sporadic flickering of the red LEDs.

Gave it another try this evening, calibrated the sticks and put in an alu shielding, although i think the new Version 3 already has a copper shielding. Looked so to me as a novice.

When i opened the Phantom i found a small screw in one of the arms, wherever that may come from, i haven't seen any screw missing. It's a screw that fixes something in plastic, not metal. Maybe i'll find the missing part another time.

Anyway the disco blinking still lights up the dark night. Maybe i can go to a non restricted flight zone sometime to see if it disappears there.

In the end i will trade the Phantom in for a Yuneec Q500 as i don't feel so comfortable with the Phantom when it has an attitude and i don't know why. :roll:

I like the symetric design of the Phantom more than that of the Q500, but maybe i'll give it another try later .

Mogwai

It says video is private.

Mogwai said:
I recently got a new P2 V+V3 and although it survived several crashes (Beginner... :mrgreen: ), it's still flying.

I only got this LED signal I can nowhere find a meaning to it.

Sometimes it's green, green, green, red, red, red, red, red, red, red (the red very fast, green nnormal).

In the video below its green, yellow and then the crazy fast red flashes. Here it soon disappears because the copter looses GPS-Signal, but else this blinking pattern keeps going on the whole flight.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyffZ4Hb-fs[/youtube]

Anyone an idea what this could mean?? Is something broken? Everything seems to work just fine, even the camera.

Mogwai

Just a WAG but make sure the wire connector for the GPS is plugged into main board. It is not very tight and I could see a jolt knocking mine out easy enough. It connects near back side and is 4 wire dark plug

if the screw is small flat head look at gps board under shield, it is screwed into plastic so can strip easy.

Many here have shown concern for the seemingly sloppy or loose GPS connector.

However it can't come out due to the proximity of the top shell when assembled.

N017RW said:
Many here have shown concern for the seemingly sloppy or loose GPS connector.

However it can't come out due to the proximity of the top shell when assembled.

Not come out per sea! but move somewhat in loose clip and cause intermittent signal fluctuations. One need not disconnect completely to have connection issues. I will be doing something to solidify my plug next time open, unsure how yet but it sure unplugged easy, to easy for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl