P3S link binding LED flashing green! Weird!

Reaction score
I’ve been reading posts as a guest here since I got my P3S over a year ago. I’ve fixed mine so often, I’ve picked some up on eBay and fixed them too. Now I have one that’s got me stumped.

The binding led is flashing green about twice per sec. At first it was solid red. I couldn’t get it to flash red by pressing it to bind to a spare controller. Finally after removing the cover to check the push button and clean It, I broke it off. It didn’t take much. No problem. As I have on another one, I just shorted the exposed terminals with a folded over staple and voila, flashing red. Except it didn’t see the controller in in link mode.

Now after turning on off the bird, the crazy thing is flashing green. I’ve searched and can’t find a single discussion about this symptom. Nor is it one of the 3 states described in the manual.

I don’t expect a flurry of experience with this problem but this is where I would find a solution.

Good luck to me.

Update... Flashes green once per second, not twice. Firmware is current.

One that was Similar, I don't know if I can find it, how about the button is shorted, like your pressing it all the time?

Rod

Thanks for digging that up Rod! I read thru the whole thread and the only mentioning of the flashing green is mentioned as a symptom at some point then disappeared from the discussion. That surprises me since it’s so odd.

I don’t think it’s shorted because the mechanical switch/button is off the board so only the 4 terminals are left. Those are the ones I’ve shorted on others as a workaround. The LED is not part of it as it’s mounted beside the switch which illuminates the plastic button that the operator presses under normal conditions.

I’m starting to think I need to reinstall the firmware. That is if there’s a way to do that with a PC. Guess I’ll search for that solution tonight if it exists.

Will update.

Reactions: RodPad
Yeah, later in life it did come up that the switch and the light are side by side. ;)

Good Luck!

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj