Stopping a Drone from from Voyeurism

Reaction score
As an owner of a Phantom 4, I respect Drone Owners. However, I discovered the other night that someone in my neighborhood likes to use their Mavic to spy on my Pool/Backyard. This has caused my Wife & I anguish. We no longer feel our Privacy is safe in our backyard. Anyway to counter this Pervert Drone?

Best suggestion. Have a DSLR available. Get a shot of the bird. A photo that is, as close as you can get to identify the make and model. Report this with the image to authorities. Other than that, I can't think of another off the top of my head.

If you know his address, send a warning note to him letting him know your concerns. Who knows there is a 16 year old kid flying it without any bad intentions.

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone actually doing that. Unfortunately that type of thing just fuels the public's fear of drones and privacy concerns. I would try to follow it to the launch point. Have they taped over the lights?

Reactions: pomonabill220
As an owner of a Phantom 4, I respect Drone Owners. However, I discovered the other night that someone in my neighborhood likes to use their Mavic to spy on my Pool/Backyard. This has caused my Wife & I anguish. We no longer feel our Privacy is safe in our backyard. Anyway to counter this Pervert Drone?
Go back inside and your wife starts dancing and slip out the front door and launch your P4 while he is watching your wife.Fix your lights so they arn't on or black them out and get higher than your pervert and make a quick scan of the neighborhood.He is probably standing in his yard but then tell your wife to point at that drone and see if it runs home and follow it.It might work if it's done right with some planning.

I might be tempted to get my pellet rifle and shoot it down, of course, from a spot where they would not be able to see me. Just sayin. :cool:
BQ

Very very bad advice. Not to mention it's a chicken crap kind of sentiment "from a spot where they would not be able to see me"

If you're man enough to pull that kind of stunt you should be man enough to take responsibility for it. Otherwise you're just a coward in the bushes.

It's kinda gross but my Dad used to make these homemade "poop bags" full of cow manure that he would stick in his 12-gauge shotgun to shoot at stray dogs and stuff. It didnt hurt the animal, but they would be plastered with hot steaming cow poo and then run home and the owner would learn to tie up his mutt because he didnt like cleaning all that crap off his dog! Worked well at keeping strays out of our property --- and I bet it would teach a nice little lesson to your peeping Mavic.

Reactions: Warnica
OK, first, how do you know it is "spying"'on you? Is it directly over your yard loitering? Is it low to the ground? Does it go anywhere else? Just because it is there does not mean it is interested in you.

Join date, post count, and topic suggest this is a troll thread.

I agree with following it. Although I'm not sure how close you guys are too the spying mavic. If you wanted to play dirty, grab the mavic while it's in your backyard (the drone will fight you, although Mavics don't have the long legs like phantoms to grab them) and either point the camera to a sign that '(come and grab it at "address")' or 'Stop spying on us!'

If you go the 'stop' way let him take control and fly back and that should finish your problems. Don't do it from the bushes though that is a bit rough...it could really be some kid just fooling around or one that has a particular interest in your pool.

Reactions: ChipperRay
Very very bad advice. Not to mention it's a chicken crap kind of sentiment "from a spot where they would not be able to see me"

If you're man enough to pull that kind of stunt you should be man enough to take responsibility for it. Otherwise you're just a coward in the bushes.
Yeah, I agree. Like the moderator stated, a pellet gun is probably not powerful enough to down a drone from a distance. I think if you use 00 buckshot you have an increased chance of downing the drone. Also, like the mod said, don't hide in your bushes either, hide in your neighbors bushes so he takes the fall.

Reactions: larrym
Did anyone think it might just be a guy trying to get your attention hoping you would fly your drone then both fly together and be mates who go out to places flying around?

Not just that but in the US is a federal offense to take a drone down from a gun, he can carry jail time if that happened.

Get a laser pointer and maybe a filter lens to spread the beam out a little. You know where the camera on the drone is so have a little fun trying to keep the laser on it.
[emoji16]

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl