flying a drone , in dark, nightime rural aeas, or in daytime, over someones , home, ect., property, not cool

Reaction score
im a rural property owner, and sorry if you people don't like it, I do not want any drones, flying , around, or near my property, there is a reason, we move out to sticks, also, flying , in the dark dark 40, night sky, scares people, because, we don't know, with all those, white red and blue flashing lights, what the ( Mod Removed ) kind of drone it, is, and , , also , they need to keep those drones up in the air, , , not scare general public, while driving n dark unlit , narrow country roads, which has happened to me , several weeks ago, , it looked like emergency , police drone, red anf blue flashing lights, , they would be fine to fly in very large fields and lg. backyards, of there own, , if I see one again, , at night in the rural, , im going to call local authorities, like I did the last time, and use a 5000, lumens flashlight , to try to temp, b lind the camera, et, , they have no business flying in dark rural neighborhoods, , , and also, hard to find operator, in dark rural, , I wonder, how many of you drone owners are registered with the faa., I bet hardly anyone, , not against havin fun, but, , property owners, , have a right to privacy, , and safety, , theres enough stuff goin on, lg. parks, fields, and , very lg., yards, as ;long as they aint vilolating others privacy, and safety, we need states to rules, , we have rules for guns ect., , and im afraid too many dopes, are going to ruin it for the responsible ones, they always do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Privacy, peace and quite are reasonable expectations while on one's own property, which should apply to those with drones as well as to those who have camera's with telephoto lenses, car's with loud mufflers, blasting radios, etc. But you start to lose all credibility when you make sweeping accusations and assumptions of those owning drones. You have every right to contact authorities and report a drone that you believe is being a nuisance or invading your personal space. As technology quickly advances, these things will get quieter and smaller, and drone operators will be able to enjoy incredible views of the general landscape without disturbing anyone. Take a look at some on-line galleries featuring drone photography and you might start to understand the thrilling views one gets while flying. It isn't about spying on people. But I understand your concern.

I love night flying and I do it a lot and I will continue to do so. I respect others space at all times when I fly day or night no matter where I am.

I don’t have any issues people flying over my property at all providing it is done responsibly. My right to privacy is inside my home ... What happens outside (even over my property) I can’t control nor do I wish to.

I will respect any responsible drone pilot and trust they will always do the right thing even if their flight takes them over my property. As for the ‘muppet’ pilots, there isn’t a lot you can do about them so you can’t get excited about their antics. I do know though, karma will take care of the ‘muppets’ so let it take its course.

I have to say though #right2disagree, if I flew over your property, you would never know it !! Relax a little mate .... you’ll live much longer.

Last edited:
You know if any one wants to have a good detailed LOOK at your property....they can all go to Google Earth on their phone or lap tops or home computers and drop down lower and take screen shots of your property !

You know if any one wants to have a good detailed LOOK at your property....they can all go to Google Earth on their phone or lap tops or home computers and drop down lower and take screen shots of your property !
Yip great reminder that Google Earth or street view to name couple are way more intrusive than a drone camera,,I'm sure we all respect property but always few rouge ones,,night flights don't pic up much anyway,street lights and house lights,,if it dark the drone wont see the ground or property ,,get yourself a no fly sign and put it on your gate,,,sorry for your Hassel you are having

mow your grass to say NO FLY ZONE !
My backyard has this mowed in
IMG_1763.jpeg

Looks like this now though :p
IMG_2436.jpeg
Whoops sorry back to topic .;)

I'm not registered with the FAA & I refuse to register to any American agency, I value my privacy a little bit. Long live the Netherlands land of relatively relaxed free to do what you want. ;);) But be honest having a register that shows owners per drone is not to bad as it helps hammer the idiots out there. It's also illegal to fly over people houses here which is good.

im a rural property owner, and sorry if you people don't like it, I do not want any drones, flying , around, or near my property, there is a reason, we move out to sticks, also, flying , in the dark dark 40, night sky, scares people, because, we don't know, with all those, white red and blue flashing lights, what the ( Mod Removed ) kind of drone it, is, and , , also , they need to keep those drones up in the air, , , not scare general public, while driving n dark unlit , narrow country roads, which has happened to me , several weeks ago, , it looked like emergency , police drone, red anf blue flashing lights, , they would be fine to fly in very large fields and lg. backyards, of there own, , if I see one again, , at night in the rural, , im going to call local authorities, like I did the last time, and use a 5000, lumens flashlight , to try to temp, b lind the camera, et, , they have no business flying in dark rural neighborhoods, , , and also, hard to find operator, in dark rural, , I wonder, how many of you drone owners are registered with the faa., I bet hardly anyone, , not against havin fun, but, , property owners, , have a right to privacy, , and safety, , theres enough stuff goin on, lg. parks, fields, and , very lg., yards, as ;long as they aint vilolating others privacy, and safety, we need states to rules, , we have rules for guns ect., , and im afraid too many dopes, are going to ruin it for the responsible ones, they always do.
You are absolutely right to criticize bad drone behavior. An FAA cert doesn't provide common sense, common courtesy, or common decency. Our community is doing it's best to use peer pressure to keep the children under control. The industry is doing its best to make airspace violations harder. But whether with a drone, a ladder, binoculars, a telescope, or a listening device, if someone wants to violate your privacy, they have ways to do it. Personally, I would not fly over your property, assuming I knew it was your property, without asking you. But, here's something I think you can do. Drone clubs and genuine commercial drone businesses are all over the country. Reach out to them. They are your friends in all this, as they want to preserve their privileges to fly. They are out there a lot, and are as likely as you are to spot the bad players, and go after them. It's in their best interest. Just a thought. Try to remember you're talking about a few bad apples in an otherwise pretty good barrel. Peace.

Just another point I would like to make to right2disagree, if he comes back to read comments. When you see a drone passing, or even hovering, over your property, the automatic (and natural) assumption that is usually made is the drone is over your property looking down at it. Unless it's a 12-year old flying it, my experience tells me that your property is not the operator's focus of attention. More likely, he/she is looking forward and taking in a grand view of a wonderful landscape, urbanscape, farmland, mountain range, sunrise, sunset, etc. Your fear that they are focusing on what is directly below them is rarely the reality. If a drone happened to be flying nearby, or even happened to be hovering over my property, I'd have real confidence (again based on my drone flying experience) that they would have no real interest in what I am doing below them. There are much more interesting vistas to look at when you're up there.

Last edited:

Some of my favorite shots are at night!
IMG_4470.jpg

Reactions: RonsPlc and Astrix
Reactions: Drestin Black

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj