SRP filter trouble again

Reaction score
Well, 7g in extra wight from a SRP ND8 filter "is to heavy".

Besides, as read in many threads here in the forum, the cover ring is two tight for success, so I decided to use only the filter glass, original filter glass with the DJI P4 pro glass. Just a difficult question I have to find the answer, how to cope with the SRP ND glass?

Is the glass glue together with filter rings? How to realize a glass in a SRP file house. Anyone with this specific experience?

Thank you for your time.

Reaction score
My ND4/8 weigh 3.5g (just 1 gram more than the original).
The ND4/8 PL adjustable polarizing filters weight 5.25g, , 2.75g more than the original or about double.
Original cover weighs 2.5g by the way.
I have not gotten any gimbal warnings, or issues with either.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Well, 7g in extra wight from a SRP ND8 filter "is to heavy"
It's a heavy filter, but I don't think it's too heavy to use. I've never had trouble with mine weight-wise. The only trouble I run into is installing/removing it (since it's a tight fit).

Reaction score
It's a heavy filter, but I don't think it's too heavy to use. I've never had trouble with mine weight-wise. The only trouble I run into is installing/removing it (since it's a tight fit).

>>Think you are in lucky mode :) One moment are the tight passage for successful on / off insertion, but I'm not going so far, completely impossible with insert position. Never come so far this operation, just a very tight passage to be the master. Honestly, the original wish is to use this filter and glass, so why not use a solution by adding SRP filter glass to the DJI original lens holder ?

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Honestly, the original wish is to use this filter and glass, so why not use a solution by adding SRP filter glass to the DJI original lens holder ?
I haven't tried it, but I'm assuming the glass is too wide since the SRP filter fits over the camera. If you'd like to give it a shot, you can find instructions for removing the glass here.

Reaction score
My ND4/8 weigh 3.5g (just 1 gram more than the original).
The ND4/8 PL adjustable polarizing filters weight 5.25g, , 2.75g more than the original or about double.
Original cover weighs 2.5g by the way.
I have not gotten any gimbal warnings, or issues with either.

>>I see, but original the weight not to be a problem, it's only a win to win situation when moving only SRP glas, this are in a really good quality), low weight + DJI original lens, which are a CP glas give all a + result.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kccumm