Taking SRP filter off pulled whole DJI lens cover

Reaction score
I received my srp nd8/cp lens filter yesterday. I put it on last night and decided to take it off this morning. It pulled the entire dji factory lens cover off with it. I went to put the dji factory one back on and it broke the rubber o-ring inside it. So now what to do? I guess I will have to order me a screw on set of filters from polar pro or someone as I am not putting the srp one back on again. I can't handle this crap. If anyone is interested in the SRP ND8/cp filter, let me know. It's brand new.

Attachments

• lensPic.jpg
    lensPic.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 429
The SRP filters are really tight. I struggled getting mine off to. Think I'm going to try and rub the inside of mine down a bit.

The SRP filters are really tight. I strtggled getting mine off to. Think I'm going to try and rub the inside of mine down a bit.
Yeah, they should just make them screw on like the factory ones. I already ordered a set of polar pros from amazon. I requested a refund from amazon for the SRP but they said they would have to send the request to helidirect that sold the SRP filter. So I will wait and see what they say.

The SRP filters are really tight. I struggled getting mine off to. Think I'm going to try and rub the inside of mine down a bit.

UAVbits.com has a wrench he made to take the cap off without damaging it and it works brilliantly! I was fighting mine and once I had the wrench it came right off!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you twist the SRP filter? Its only for push/pull.
The older P3s didn't have much issue, but newer ones have slightly larger lens ring.

Did you twist the SRP filter? Its only for push/pull.
The older P3s didn't have much issue, but newer ones have slightly larger lens ring.
I pulled, twisted, and pulled just trying to get it off. It's way to hard to get off in my opinion. I just hope they will let me return it as much as it cost.

DJI Phantom 3 Pro/Adv MC UV Lens HD ND2-400 Filter Lens CPL PRO Polarizer
Looks like you can get a new UV filter for cheap.;)
The SRP filters are tight and the high quality filters are relatively heavy, coming in at about 7 grams. For these reasons, I remove the stock filter while using the SRP. You will also find more sunspots from the two filters than just using one at a time.

Reactions: dirkclod
At such a price, I can't use it since there's a terrible vignetting.
There should be no vignetting for any video res unless it's not all the way on. You shouldn't use the ND with photos.

The SRP filters are tight and the high quality filters are relatively heavy, coming in at about 7 grams. For these reasons, I remove the stock filter while using the SRP. You will also find more sunspots from the two filters than just using one at a time.
I have a spare UV filter I use exclusively with SRP so I don't have the tolerance issues. I also removed the glass UV from the housing so there is only one glass filter (SRP).

Reactions: Fplvert
UAVbits.com has a wrench he made to take the cap off without damaging it and it works brilliantly! I was fighting mine and once I had the wrench it came right off!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
That wrench is not for taking off the SRP filter, it's for taking off the DJI filter. The SRP is a push on filter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj