Slight shake/vibration

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a slight vibration on all my videos taken with the Phantom, can't work out what is casuing the issue.

My setup on the drone:

Phantom 2
H3-3D Gimbal (standard white dampers)
Go Pro 4 Black (recording at 4K)
Flysight FPV Transmiter
Cloverleaf FPV TX antenna
iOSD Mini
Connection board to join them all together (Can't think of the correct name)

If you check out the video below in full screen you can see a slight vibration.

Can anyone help??

Hi,

I have a slight vibration on all my videos taken with the Phantom, can't work out what is casuing the issue.

My setup on the drone:

Phantom 2
H3-3D Gimbal (standard white dampers)
Go Pro 4 Black (recording at 4K)
Flysight FPV Transmiter
Cloverleaf FPV TX antenna
iOSD Mini
Connection board to join them all together (Can't think of the correct name)

If you check out the video below in full screen you can see a slight vibration.

Can anyone help??

I watch the video twice full screen HD and see no vibration whatsoever. The only thing that stood out was the yawing was smooth and that takes practice.

That video was shot 4K ultra wide and you removed the fisheye that why the light house and buildings are tilted.

I hadn't noticed that the light house was tilted, have to look out for that next time. Yeah I understand that the yawing isn't great, still just getting to grips with the phantom.

There is definitely a vibration in the video, I've got a 4K screen and it is literally just a vibration, if you look at a certain area of the video you can see the vibration even in HD.

I hadn't noticed that the light house was tilted, have to look out for that next time. Yeah I understand that the yawing isn't great, still just getting to grips with the phantom.

There is definitely a vibration in the video, I've got a 4K screen and it is literally just a vibration, if you look at a certain area of the video you can see the vibration even in HD.

Download a copy of the original raw footage without the music. I looked at it on youtube and still see any vibration. YouTube does stabilize footage but they generally will notify that it has been done.

Had a good play around with the phantom today and I've solved the vibration.

Hovered the phantom at low high and could see the gimbal and GoPro vibrating like mad. Don't know how the video wasn't worse.

I ended up tweaking the gain settings and found that reducing the Pitch and Roll by 15% has eliminated the vibration.

So my settings are as follows:

Pitch: 105%
Roll: 105%
Yaw: 120%
Vertical: 200%

If you stand next to the phantom whilst hovering, you can see micro oscillations (jello). If you reach out and grab the legs, the oscillations stop as the vibration is now transferred to your hands and you will notice the gopro will stop oscillating. If the dampeners are too soft, the vibrations transfer directly to the gopro.

I set mine to default gains and run the solid dark grey dampeners.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl